GREENBERG RENTAL CAUTION

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Just read a post on Facebook's Disney Mouse Campers page. Poster states that 2 weeks ago the people in the adjoining site had the unit they were renting from Greenberg towed away. Apparently Greenberg has an order for repossession against them for their units. The original poster claimed that several units and families had this happen to them that weekend. If anyone here has a reservation with them I would recommend they call to confirm their reservation will/can be honored

Someone else posted that 10 days ago a relative was in a Greenberg unit. They watched as someone was there 10 minutes after they checked out towing it away. According to them Greenberg was calling 15 minutes after that to find out what site they were in. This does not sound good

I had inquired about renting from them a couple of years ago. Their attitude sucked.

I rented from Florida Camper Rental.

Wowsers! Can you imagine skipping off to the Parks for the day and finding your spot empty when you get back?

Wowsers! Can you imagine skipping off to the Parks for the day and finding your spot empty when you get back?
I wonder what they did with the renter's luggage???? The reposessor isn't entitled to somebody else's stuff.

Anymore on this? We are looking to rent in June 2020 and Florida Camper only has one unit available that we aren't crazy about. I really prefer Greenberg's units but Im obviously worried about that option after reading this. Any other options besides these two?

Last edited:
Anymore on this? We are looking to rent in June 2020 and Florida Camper only has one unit aviabel that we aren't crazy about. I really prefer Greenberg's units but Im obviously worried about that option after reading this. Any other options besides these two?

From WDW site...

For more information on RV rentals, be sure to contact the following official vendors:
Luxurious RV Rentals LLC – (800) 561-8538
Meacham’s RV Rental – (941) 224-4939

Over on FB this subject is getting more play. One poster relayed how he checked 3.5 weeks ago and the OWNER promised him everything was good and they had a unit dedicated for him. On this past Wed. they called to say they could not honor his reservation as they had had numerous units stolen and that even though the client had paid for it in full at the time they made the reservation ie a year ago NO REFUND WOULD BE MADE. This person and his family were due to arrive yesterday Feb 1.
Greenberg's owner is now posting reviews about his competitors trashing them and making outlandish claims. He is threatening some with legal action for revealing his arrest and conviction for an incident in Chicago back in 2016. That poster cited a newspaper article and Florida probation records He is also screaming that Campers World is selling his units that were "STOLEN" from him.

Over on FB this subject is getting more play. One poster relayed how he checked 3.5 weeks ago and the OWNER promised him everything was good and they had a unit dedicated for him. On this past Wed. they called to say they could not honor his reservation as they had had numerous units stolen and that even though the client had paid for it in full at the time they made the reservation ie a year ago NO REFUND WOULD BE MADE. This person and his family were due to arrive yesterday Feb 1.
Greenberg's owner is now posting reviews about his competitors trashing them and making outlandish claims. He is threatening some with legal action for revealing his arrest and conviction for an incident in Chicago back in 2016. That poster cited a newspaper article and Florida probation records He is also screaming that Campers World is selling his units that were "STOLEN" from him.

Hmmmm

Oh I love me some FB drama...exactly why I don't FB.

However, I am glad folks like Mike can give me a summary so I don't have to dig through the details. :thumbsup2

Wait, so FB is 'reporting' that Greenberg's owner is cancelling reservations and refusing to refund??? That's insane.

I'm not on FB so have no idea how much of this is 'true' and how much is Chinese Whispers.

So my family and I are staying at the Fort for the first time ever this June. I grew up spending time in travel trailers with my dad, but I've never owned one as an adult. We are renting a TT for the week and we were immediately drawn to Greenberg's selection and models but we are now renting elsewhere because of this news. I say this as its important to note that they are losing business because of that FP post, so I hope its factual information and not just bad blood with a disgruntled customer.

Oh I love me some FB drama...exactly why I don't FB.

However, I am glad folks like Mike can give me a summary so I don't have to dig through the details. :thumbsup2
Mike I actually know some of those involved ( I only friend those I actually Know) In that forum the biggest drama is between The Crazy Goat Lady and I giving each other a good old fashioned shoe busting time.
The man who was told Wed that his reservation won't be honored and won't get a refund has recordings of his call from a month ago and last week.
This a company that is in deep trouble. I just want to see any of our community get burned by him

I'm on some of the fb groups Mike spoke of. The Greenberg saga has been swirling for a few weeks. I think there is a good bit of speculation and editorial license making the story grow. Cutting through some of the hype, it appears Greenberg is having financial issues (some reference an "investor" pulling out, others bankruptcy) and has been getting some of their rigs repossessed. This would explain the story of someone showing up to take the rented trailer from the Fort just before Greenberg showed up to get it. It would also explain the owner's theft statement if they disagreed with the repo.

I didn't see the story about Greenberg cancelling and refusing to refund. I read that Greenberg cancelled and was taking a long time to refund (or wasn't responding), but not stating they would not refund. I could see Greenberg refusing to refund if the customer cancelled (because of the internet drama) after the cancellation deadline. (A contract is a contract, despite what you read on the web). It appears Greenberg is still thinking it's business as usual.

Either way, ALWAYS believe everything you see on the internets. :) I know some that have used Greenberg with no problems, but given all the hype lately, I would probably steer clear if I was looking to rent. I'm sure everything you read isn't exactly correct, but there is enough out there to raise concern.

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!