Griffith Park carousel co-owner has died

Eastridge

Mouseketeer
When we did the ABD Southern California / Disneyland short escape, ABD took us to the Griffith Park carousel since that was where Walt Disney got the inspiration for Disneyland. Julio Gosdinski, the co-owner of the carousel, gave the tour.

The LA Times reports that he has died, at the young age of 49.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...rousel-man-julio-gosdinski-has-died-he-was-49
I don't have a good image of him from our tour but I have attached the best one I have:

Ybrwvm8.jpg

This is so sad. Visiting the carousel and meeting Julio was one of the highlights of our trip. What a delightful man he was.

Oh, no!!! I loved visiting the carousel and hearing the history from Julio! He had a passion and a charisma that was unforgettable, such a sweet man. Tragic, this makes me so very sad. 😪

Saddened to hear this. We enjoyed visiting the carousel and hearing Julio talk about how it operates.

I am so saddened to hear this. Meeting Julio and experiencing his passion for the carousel was truly a highlight of our Backstage Magic trip.

Thats terrible my wife and I remember him fondly from our ABD in 2018. Praying for his family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter