Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pear & Red Grape Chutney

JimV

Mouseketeer
Here is my favorite recipe from Epcot F&W 2000. Thanks to MargieJ who posted this based on my request (on the old DIS boards).

I took everyone's advice from my "AAUUUGHH" post and found the old site and pasted this in.

---------------------

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pear & Red Grape Chutney - F&W Festival Demo

Try this delicious recipe for the fall.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pear & Red Grape Chutney

Chef Thad Patron, Yachtsman Steakhouse

2 lb pork tenderloin
2 qt. water
1/2 C. white sugar
1/2 C. Kosher salt
1/4 C. orange zest
2 T. black peppercorns, cracked
Pepper, to taste
Fresh thyme

To a large saucepan add water, sugar, salt, orange zest and peppercorns. Bring mixture to a boil to ensure that the sugar and salt have dissloved. When this has been accomplished, pull the solution off the stove and let cool to room temperature. Once the solution has cooled, place the pork tenderloins into a non-reactive container and pour the brining solution over them. Make sure to use a container that will allow the pork to be completely covered by the solution. Refrigerate. Allow four hours for pork to marinate before grilling.

Heat the grill. Drain pork tenderloins and season with pepper. Grill over medium high heat making sure to constantly turn the tenderloin so as to cook evenly on all sides. Cook to an internal temperature of 155 degrees F, which will leave you a light pink center. When the temperature is reached, place on a plate and let the meat "rest" for 5 minutes before slicing.

When ready to serve, slice the pork on a diagonal and place on your plate, top with the room temperature chutney. Garnish with a few fresh thyme sprigs if you like.

Pear and Red Grape Chutney

2 T. canola oil
1/2 C. red onion, cut into small dice
1 lb pears, cored and cut into small dice
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 1/2 T. ground cloves
1/2 C. orange juice
1/3 C. brown sugar
8 oz red seedless grapes, cut in half
1 T. freash thyme, chopped
1 1/2 T. corn starch, dissolved in 3 T. water
salt and pepper, to taste

In a large saucepan, heat up the oil. Saute the onions over medium high heat until they become translucent. Add in the pears, cloves and ginger. Cook the pears over medium heat taking care not to color the pears or onions. While the pears are still crisp, add in the orange juice and brown sugar. Cook until pears soften to fork tender. Add in the red grapes and stir until sugar dissolves. Add in the chopped thyme and corn starch mixture. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Place in a shallow dish and cool in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter