Gringotts Ride Question

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I watched the video on YouTube, but I am unclear on something. Does the ride actually spin? The track looks awesome, similar to the Dwarf ride at Disney, but I cannot tell if the ride carts spin or if that is all on screen.

In my memory, it is more like you are being tossed from one place to another or moving quickly to escape. I don't remember any time where you spin several times in a row. Men in Black spins some (like Buzz Lightyear).

In my memory, it is more like you are being tossed from one place to another or moving quickly to escape. I don't remember any time where you spin several times in a row. Men in Black spins some (like Buzz Lightyear).

I saw that one on YT as well and it looks like it has a fair amount of quick spinning.
At least with Buzz you have control of the spinning. MIB looks like you dont and it comes as a surprise.

I saw that one on YT as well and it looks like it has a fair amount of quick spinning.
At least with Buzz you have control of the spinning. MIB looks like you dont and it comes as a surprise.
If I had to make a comparison, I'd say MIB spins more like Toy Story Midway Mania.

TSMM spins more often, IIRC. If I'm not wearing a Scop patch for motion sickness, I have to close my eyes when TSMM or MIB start to spin.

I don't really recall spinning on Gringott's. Not saying there isn't, but it also means I never felt like it was going to make me sick.

All helpful comments. Maybe we can suggest Meclizine and then it can be ridden.
I tried that on my most recent trip I just got back on for a few days and it made me wayyyyyyyyyyyy tired. Like I got the "less drowsy" formula too and I could hardly stay awake. I'm not sure if it helped me at all in the motion sickness area but for me the side effects was enough to have me stop using it. Once I stopped using it my energy was back to what it was before I took it.

So either try and take it before you go to bed (and hope that the most drowsy effects are just when you're sleeping) as some have suggested (which I didn't do) or go in knowing that drowsy can be a side effect for you (obviously it varies from person to person).

It definitely rotates, but it's not really a full on consecutive spinning. I am pretty prone to motion sickness, and have gotten nauseous on Forbidden Journey and Spiderman, but I've always been fine on Gringotts.

I tried that on my most recent trip I just got back on for a few days and it made me wayyyyyyyyyyyy tired. Like I got the "less drowsy" formula too and I could hardly stay awake. I'm not sure if it helped me at all in the motion sickness area but for me the side effects was enough to have me stop using it. Once I stopped using it my energy was back to what it was before I took it.

So either try and take it before you go to bed (and hope that the most drowsy effects are just when you're sleeping) as some have suggested (which I didn't do) or go in knowing that drowsy can be a side effect for you (obviously it varies from person to person).

I find that even half a meclazine does a good job.

MY motion sake prone DH is fine for Gringotts, but can barely tolerate MIB - there's a lot more spinning in MIB than I anticipated (worse than TSM and Buzz).

MY motion sake prone DH is fine for Gringotts, but can barely tolerate MIB - there's a lot more spinning in MIB than I anticipated (worse than TSM and Buzz).
I had forgotten that MIB was like that. I closed my eyes when that was happening and was fine but boy does it do hard spins.

We went on Gringotts yesterday morning. There is a really short drop right in the beginning (maybe half a second).

It rotates a few times, and spins a little bit. I will go back tomorrow and keep this question in mind. You will have a definite answer tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter