>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

I just want to make sure I understand - for Walmart delivery - do I need to just answer the phone when they call to say they are delivering? or do I have to be at the resort? Trying to time it so we are not in flight when they call to make the delivery. Thanks so much!

Just answer the phone. I got my call while on ME. Answer, say someone will be there to accept delivery, and you're good.

We have decided to go with either Prime Now or Walmart Delivery. We have used Walmart Grocery (not delivered though) several times from home and like the service very much, but almost always have some item that is out of stock. Some we get substitutions for and some we don't. Are we any more likely to get everything we request with Prime Now than the Walmart Delivery service?

Just wanted to give my experience with Shipt.

We used them on 4/20 for delivery to Copper Creek. We arrived on Easter Sunday 4/21 and no one was delivering that day so we had to have it delivered and held at Bell Services.

Our shopper sent a text to tell me he was delivering early and that he had to make one substitution (sunblock) When he dropped it off I got a second text to let me know.

Everything was perfect. We had him shop at Target and we got all of our items. Bell Services made it a point to tell us about the $6 grocery delivery fee but since we also had an Owner's Locker they would not charge it this time. All in all, we were happy with the service and since we were new to Shipt delivery was feel except the tip.

We did not order alcohol so I cannot vouch for whether or not they would leave it at Bell Services if you did.

Did prime now to POR, had it delivered to bell services, and i had bell services bring it to the room when I had checked in.

Only issue was that, despite instructions asking them to refrigerate, the milk was not refrigerated, and had been out for 4 hours before I arrived.

Was happy with the order otherwise.

For the Amazon Prime Now users, on your arrival day, when did you place your order and do the time slots fill up like they do with Garden Grocer? We will be taking the Magical Express to the Beach Club in the early afternoon. After we get to the Beach Club, we are going to go to the pool (swim suits in carry on bags). I have alcohol in the order and will stay at the resort until the driver arrives. I was thinking of placing the order as soon as the Magical Express starts moving for a delivery starting 2 hours later. Thoughts?
Here is an update on my experience with Amazon Prime Now at the Beach Club.

We got on the Magical Express at about 10:15AM and the bus driver said we will be the second stop. I booked the 12:00-2:00 time slot for my delivery which included dairy, ice cream, frozen foods, and some alcohol. We arrived at the resort and headed to the pool.

I spoke with Bell Services and they suggested I meet the driver when he arrives, which I planned on doing since my order had alcohol in it. They stated many of the drivers use English as a second language and sometimes they run into issues when the guests are not there to meet the driver.

The Amazon app shows exactly where the delivery vehicle is and it left the warehouse at about 11:45 AM. The driver went to the Polynesian for a long stop, then Caribbean Beach, and finally the Beach Club. I got an automatic text message from Amazon stating the driver will be here in a few minutes and to have my ID ready. I went outside and the driver arrived in a few minutes, which was about 1:48 PM. Technically this was in the 2 hour window, but I was concerned because I had frozen foods, milk, ice cream, cream cheese, and yogurt in my order.

I showed my ID to the driver and told him I would get someone from Bell Services to help since I had a big order. They brought over a cart and loaded the groceries. Everything was packaged and labeled in brown paper bags. The milk was not very cold, which was disappointing. The ice cream was also wrapped in a thermal bag, but it was half melted. Amazon gave me a refund on the ice cream.

Bell services brought up my groceries and my luggage at the same time. Interestingly, they asked to see my ID as well which is fine. They left the groceries in the kitchen and I unpacked them.

I will use Amazon Prime Now over Garden Grocer because the prices are much better, although it is less convenient. I regret not paying a few extra dollars for the 1 hour delivery because perishables sitting in the trunk of a car for 2 hours on an 80+F degree day isn't a good thing. Plus we just started our vacation with swimming and two drinks at Hurricane Hannah's cost over $30 which was much more than the 1 hour delivery fee.

Definitely pay extra for the 1 hour delivery and stay at the resort if you are buying perishables. You need to meet the driver and show your ID if you have alcohol too.

I hope that helps someone.

So, is Amazon Prime Now different than Prime Pantry? I had just planned to ship a box, but worried it would come in too many boxes rather than one big one...Prime Now is local and I can get cold things, I guess? We are coming in August and expect it to be hot, hot...we haven’t been to BC before- if our flight lands at 11am (no checked bags) would we be at Beach Club by noon using Magical Express?

So, is Amazon Prime Now different than Prime Pantry? I had just planned to ship a box, but worried it would come in too many boxes rather than one big one...Prime Now is local and I can get cold things, I guess? We are coming in August and expect it to be hot, hot...we haven’t been to BC before- if our flight lands at 11am (no checked bags) would we be at Beach Club by noon using Magical Express?

Yes, different services, different foods available, different treatment at the resort. Prime now is groceries delivered in a 1-2 hour window and you can pay the fee to have bell services bring to your room or your can carry up for free. If you include alcohol, you must meet the driver.Prime pantry will incur the $5 per box and can only be non perishables.

You may get lucky and be at BC by noon, but I'd say it's unlikely. It's often the last resort on a bus that hits CBR, BW, and YC first. You don't know if your flight will be delayed, how long the wait to leave MCO will be, and how many people will need to unload ahead of you. 90-120 minutes is a safer bet.

I had just planned to ship a box, but worried it would come in too many boxes rather than one big one
Granted, I don't use Prime Pantry frequently, but my orders have all always come in a single box. Unless I order more than will fit in the one box.

My prime account is in my husband's name, does anyone know if that will be an issue as I will be the one taking delivery?

Hey Guys,

Just got back from our trip.
I had the lovely surprise of finding out that Pop Century no longer accepts deliveries from Walmart at bell services because Walmart refuses to comply with their rules (mainly not using paper bags or bags where cast members cant see what's inside).

I also checked with AoA, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Carribean Beach and the All Star resorts and they all confirmed they wont accept them at bell services anymore.

They will allow a delivery if you are there in person to pick it up however.

Walmart does not mention this and will accept the order and take the payment anyways.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i searched before we left and i had ordered on may 30th and checked today before posting and cant find anything stating they wont accept them anymore.

Hey Guys,

I had the lovely surprise of finding out that Pop Century no longer accepts deliveries from Walmart at bell services because Walmart refuses to comply with their rules (mainly not using paper bags or bags where cast members cant see what's inside).

I also checked with AoA, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Carribean Beach and the All Star resorts and they all confirmed they wont accept them at bell services anymore.

They will allow a delivery if you are there in person to pick it up however.

Walmart does not mention this and will accept the order and take the payment anyways.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i searched before we left and i had ordered on may 30th and checked today before posting and cant find anything stating they wont accept them anymore.

This is very useful information. Could you please post this in the Grocery Delivery FAQ Thread?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/

Hey everyone,

Found out the hard way that some resorts (possibly ALL resorts) no longer accept deliveries from Walmart Grocery.
I was told it is because Walmart refuses to compy with WDW resorts rules (mainly delivering items in bags that don't hide what items you order)

I can confirm that Pop Century, AoA, the All Stars, BC, Bordwalk and Carribean Beach no longer accept (we stayed at Pop and i asked bell services at the other resorts).

They told me ALL resorts don't, but i was not able to confirm with others.

Apparently this is a change made about a month ago.

They will allow deliveries if you are there to pick them up yourself though

Hey everyone,

Found out the hard way that some resorts (possibly ALL resorts) no longer accept deliveries from Walmart Grocery.
I was told it is because Walmart refuses to compy with WDW resorts rules (mainly delivering items in bags that don't hide what items you order)

I can confirm that Pop Century, AoA, the All Stars, BC, Bordwalk and Carribean Beach no longer accept (we stayed at Pop and i asked bell services at the other resorts).

They told me ALL resorts don't, but i was not able to confirm with others.

Apparently this is a change made about a month ago.

They will allow deliveries if you are there to pick them up yourself though
Thank you for the heads up!

I'm not sure I understand what sort of bags we're talking about that hide items, a grocery bag is a grocery bag imho, paper or plastic, I've never seen a transparent grocery bag.

Thank you for the heads up!

I'm not sure I understand what sort of bags we're talking about that hide items, a grocery bag is a grocery bag imho, paper or plastic, I've never seen a transparent grocery bag.
Walmart uses thin grey plastic bags and they dont tie them up so "castmembers" can see in the bags.
The others all use big brown paper bags that are closed/stabled/taped shut or boxes that are sealed.

Walmart uses thin grey plastic bags and they dont tie them up so "castmembers" can see in the bags.
The others all use big brown paper bags that are closed/stabled/taped shut or boxes that are sealed.
Oh! I understand, I had it backwards... WDW needs the items in the bags to be hidden from view and Walmart does no such thing.
Thank you!

Oh! I understand, I had it backwards... WDW needs the items in the bags to be hidden from view and Walmart does no such thing.
Thank you!
yup
Walmart is just refusing to change so WDW said f'it, you're out as every other grocery delivery service has no issues complying.

Hell, Amazon even delivers in giant cardboard coolers that are sealed with tape lol, but walmart cant be bothered changing to paper bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter