>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

Planning on using walmart delivery. What happens if you are not available for delivery? Can they just leave it with bell service

We used instacart this week and it went smoothly. I placed an order Sunday for delivery to the Polynesian Monday afternoon. I was little nervous when the driver sent a text saying he was close and to meet outside. I sent a text explaining we were checked in with no room assigned yet and to please leave it with bell service and he responded no problem.
I have an 18 month old and an almost 4 year old and having snacks hand has been awesome. It feels like they are always eating so I’m sure this have saved me a bunch of money and meltdowns over waiting for food.

I used instacart for my most recent trip and it was a complete disaster. I have used Garden Grocer in the past and regret making the switch.

I placed my order online Tuesday for a Thursday delivery at the Art of Animation and received a confirmation email. I was at Epcot on Thursday (arrival day) and received the initial text that the person was shopping for my order. While I left them the address for the hotel, because I didn't specifically tell them to leave the package with luggage services, they cancelled my order when I didn't respond to their text saying that they were at the hotel (I was in line at Soarin and missed it)

After getting out of the ride and seeing that they cancelled my order, I called them up and got the $15 cancellation fee waived and then tried to re-order over the phone. They stated they can't do orders over the phone and I would have to re-order everything via the app. I re-ordered everything and put a note asking them to leave the package with luggage services as I would still be at the park when they would make the delivery.

Upon returning to my room from Epcot, I noticed my groceries weren't delivered to my room (on all my other trips, they have always been in my room when I returned). I went to luggage services to check for my delivery and they had no record of it (I went through 4 pages of deliveries they had for the day). I ended up going in the back room of luggage services and ended up finding my package on the shelf. The driver apparently went to the back room, left the package on the shelf without checking it with staff. Best part of it was, they left milk and yogurt out on the shelf to go bad instead of putting it into the refrigerator.

I ended up calling instacart a second time to complain about the problem; they put an order through on their end to replace the perishables (which they said they couldn't do earlier). This delivery was scheduled for the next day.

Fast forward 24 hours, I get back to the hotel expecting the milk and yogurt to be put in my fridge in my room. When I get to the room, there is nothing. I walk back to luggage services, they have no record of a delivery for me. Once again I walked into the back room with hotel staff to search for my package. This time I find it in the fridge, but it's missing one of the items (yogurt tubes for kids). For second time in 2 days the driver just put the food in the back room room without checking it in with staff. When they cancelled my original order they told me they had to have approval to hand over the groceries, but for 2 deliveries they just left them on a shelf and expected me to go back there and find them...

I called instacart for a third time to either get a them to deliver the yogurt or at least a refund for the item they didn't delivery. They claimed they can't find the item in my order, despite the fact it's on the receipt in my email and was under my previous order option via the app. After trying to get it straightened out for 15 minutes, I just gave up and told them it's not worth my time and just ate the cost.

Overall, I probably wasted 2.5 hours between waiting at luggage services, making 3 phones, and re-ordering items. I'll happily pay a little more with Garden Grocer to get that time back to enjoy my vacation with the kids.

Just got back and had a great experience with Instacart. Got the text they were shopping, then on the way. They not only left it with Bell Services, but took pictures of exactly where she put all the items on the shelves, including a picture of the fridge. She then texted me the shelf location as well. Called bell services and everything was delivered.

Had ordered from Garden Grocer in the before with a similar experience. Not sure what PP was expecting, but we've never had the deliveries waiting in our room. They've always been delivered after we called Bell Services. No matter who we have ordered from.

What would be the best timing for ordering from Instacart? We are staying at Boardwalk Inn. Our flight leaves our home airport at 3:00 pm and is scheduled to arrive at MCO at 5:25 pm After we arrive at BWI (via Magical Express) we'd like to go out and enjoy the Boardwalk Entertainment, maybe rent a surrey bike, have something to eat, etc. This is on a Friday, in a few weeks, if it makes a difference.
If I have the order delivered at 6 pm and stored at Bell services, can we just stop at Bell services when we first arrive and bring it up to our room ourselves? Or are we required to have Bell services deliver it? I'd just rather not wait around in the room, while we could be out on the Boardwalk having fun!

Our order will be pretty small; 15 yogurts (specific brand/flavors), orange juice, half and half, deli meats and cheeses, and maybe some bread or rolls. My concern is if they don't have the specific brand/flavor of yogurts, the shopper may try to contact me to ask about substitutions. I've never ordered from Instacart before, is there a place to leave a note for the shopper about acceptable substitutions (vs. just leave the item off entirely if they don't have the exact match?) I just wouldn't want the shopper trying to contact me when my phone is off because we are in the air.
Thanks!

"Not sure what PP was expecting, but we've never had the deliveries waiting in our room."

I've always had it waiting in my room with milk/yogurt/etc in the fridge, with other items sitting on the counter (last 5 trips). Bell services even said that is the normal routine while we were looking for my package (at least at Art of Animation). I did forgot to mention they did text me a picture of my items sitting on the shelf, that probably helped me get an immediately refund.

We used instacart twice on a 2 week trip recently. I think there may be some sort of miscommunication between the resorts and the delivery people. At Kidani, they told us we were lucky our delivery person put our stuff in the fridge and that they have problems with instacart all the time. They told us Amazon Prime is better, but we don't have a membership.

Second week at Boardwalk, knowing the comments from Kidani, I checked with bell services soon after I got the notification that delivery was made. We were headed out anyway. They told us the delivery person wasn't going to put perishables in the fridge and that bell services told them to.

Maybe instacart delivery people don't know what they're doing? I don't really understand how it works, but maybe they're used to delivering to people in homes where they just drop off. Maybe they think bell services will be putting perishables in the fridge. I don't know.

Boardwalk bell services told us we should use garden grocer but I'm sorry their prices are so much higher. We did use them for a beer only delivery for the 2 weeks just so we didn't have to be there for it. Not sure what we'll do next trip. Probably stick with instacart and try to plan delivery time for when we can be there at time of or soon after delivery to make sure perishables are in the fridge.

We used instacart twice on a 2 week trip recently. I think there may be some sort of miscommunication between the resorts and the delivery people. At Kidani, they told us we were lucky our delivery person put our stuff in the fridge and that they have problems with instacart all the time. They told us Amazon Prime is better, but we don't have a membership.

Second week at Boardwalk, knowing the comments from Kidani, I checked with bell services soon after I got the notification that delivery was made. We were headed out anyway. They told us the delivery person wasn't going to put perishables in the fridge and that bell services told them to.

Maybe instacart delivery people don't know what they're doing? I don't really understand how it works, but maybe they're used to delivering to people in homes where they just drop off. Maybe they think bell services will be putting perishables in the fridge. I don't know.

Boardwalk bell services told us we should use garden grocer but I'm sorry their prices are so much higher. We did use them for a beer only delivery for the 2 weeks just so we didn't have to be there for it. Not sure what we'll do next trip. Probably stick with instacart and try to plan delivery time for when we can be there at time of or soon after delivery to make sure perishables are in the fridge.
Perhaps this is why the reviews are so varied? If you get a knowledgeable driver that is familiar with dropping off at the resorts they experience is good versus someone that usually only goes to a person’s home?

Appreciate you sharing your experience!

We are staying at Beach Club Villas in February and I am debating on which delivery service to use. Garden Grocer lists delivery windows that include 8am-12pm, 12-4pm, or 4-9pm* with a footnote saying that "Yacht Club, Beach Club Resort/Villas, Boardwalk Inn/Villas, and Campground only accept deliveries after 4pm". Does anyone know if this is just deliveries from Garden Grocer or all grocery delivery services? I'd like to have our food available the evening we arrive but I'm afraid it won't get there until too late.

I used instacart for my most recent trip and it was a complete disaster. I have used Garden Grocer in the past and regret making the switch.

I placed my order online Tuesday for a Thursday delivery at the Art of Animation and received a confirmation email. I was at Epcot on Thursday (arrival day) and received the initial text that the person was shopping for my order. While I left them the address for the hotel, because I didn't specifically tell them to leave the package with luggage services, they cancelled my order when I didn't respond to their text saying that they were at the hotel (I was in line at Soarin and missed it)

After getting out of the ride and seeing that they cancelled my order, I called them up and got the $15 cancellation fee waived and then tried to re-order over the phone. They stated they can't do orders over the phone and I would have to re-order everything via the app. I re-ordered everything and put a note asking them to leave the package with luggage services as I would still be at the park when they would make the delivery.

Upon returning to my room from Epcot, I noticed my groceries weren't delivered to my room (on all my other trips, they have always been in my room when I returned). I went to luggage services to check for my delivery and they had no record of it (I went through 4 pages of deliveries they had for the day). I ended up going in the back room of luggage services and ended up finding my package on the shelf. The driver apparently went to the back room, left the package on the shelf without checking it with staff. Best part of it was, they left milk and yogurt out on the shelf to go bad instead of putting it into the refrigerator.

I ended up calling instacart a second time to complain about the problem; they put an order through on their end to replace the perishables (which they said they couldn't do earlier). This delivery was scheduled for the next day.

Fast forward 24 hours, I get back to the hotel expecting the milk and yogurt to be put in my fridge in my room. When I get to the room, there is nothing. I walk back to luggage services, they have no record of a delivery for me. Once again I walked into the back room with hotel staff to search for my package. This time I find it in the fridge, but it's missing one of the items (yogurt tubes for kids). For second time in 2 days the driver just put the food in the back room room without checking it in with staff. When they cancelled my original order they told me they had to have approval to hand over the groceries, but for 2 deliveries they just left them on a shelf and expected me to go back there and find them...

I called instacart for a third time to either get a them to deliver the yogurt or at least a refund for the item they didn't delivery. They claimed they can't find the item in my order, despite the fact it's on the receipt in my email and was under my previous order option via the app. After trying to get it straightened out for 15 minutes, I just gave up and told them it's not worth my time and just ate the cost.

Overall, I probably wasted 2.5 hours between waiting at luggage services, making 3 phones, and re-ordering items. I'll happily pay a little more with Garden Grocer to get that time back to enjoy my vacation with the kids.
Do you happen to have the Instacart phone number you can supply me? THANKS

I am already regretting ordering with them as the prices of items showed correctly in my cart yet now in my order confirmation are higher. Some even double as they are listed as buy 1 get 1.
The kicker is the grand total (not counting fees) doesn't match either price.

The "email" contact us form will not send because the "description" line will not save an input so I keep getting an error saying it is required. Basically for the time spent trying to make sure the order is corr cut and the items are going to be priced correctly hasn't been worth the savings of just using GG and I'm half a second away from cancelli g the order and going back to GG

Do you happen to have the Instacart phone number you can supply me? THANKS

I am already regretting ordering with them as the prices of items showed correctly in my cart yet now in my order confirmation are higher. Some even double as they are listed as buy 1 get 1.
The kicker is the grand total (not counting fees) doesn't match either price.

The "email" contact us form will not send because the "description" line will not save an input so I keep getting an error saying it is required. Basically for the time spent trying to make sure the order is corr cut and the items are going to be priced correctly hasn't been worth the savings of just using GG and I'm half a second away from cancelli g the order and going back to GG
First and last time using Instacart. Too long to give all the details but aside from the hassles listed above...
Food came late
Food was missing
Food was there I didn't order
Wrong food selections of ounces I did order which in turn was an upcharge

Three phone calls later I got two extra deliveries with the stuff I wanted and ordered.
Saved a little vs GG but wasted a bunch of time before the trip and during to get it right

For second time in 2 days the driver just put the food in the back room room without checking it in with staff.

We had a similar experience recently with Prime Now at the POP. Ease of ordering, prices and quality of food was very good but tracking down the packages was hit or miss. We had a couple families using Prime Now and a total of 5 orders. One order had alcohol so no issue because we had to meet the driver to sign for the delivery. Only 1 of the other orders was delivered to the room (it had a Noon-2pm delivery). The other 3 were never logged onto a sheet with Bell Services and "lost". All of these orders had a 8-10pm delivery window and were getting placed on a cart just inside the Bell Service area. Fortunately we went right down to get the delivery after the notification text. The orders contained perishables and were not placed in refrigerators nor was there any indication on the outside of the bags they contained such items. After the 2nd time, we learned to just ask Bell Services to check this cart area and packages were quickly found. It seems like there is a disconnect between the delivery and bell services (maybe certain drivers?). The cart is in their back room and I think they eventually get to these packages but they don't open the bags so perishables would be a big concern.

I would use the service again but only schedule an order with perishables at a time we plan to be at the hotel. The delivery windows are short enough that it's easy to plan.

I haven't seen a complete review of Walmart. Do they deliver alcohol? Do you have to be there? Do they leave at Bell services? Are they prompt within the approved delivery time? We arrive next Saturday and need to set up a time today for either pickup or delivery. HELP!!!

Used Prime Now last week at Pop and had a really good experience overall. I did an 8am to 10am delivery window. A little before 9am I went to bell Services to see if I could get our items because we needed one item before heading out to the parks. The lady that was helping us was really friendly and said that the prime now lady was in the back unloading the orders and she would go check to see if ours was ready. It was so she brought us back, showed us were our order was and said we could take whatever we wanted and they would deliver the rest. One of our bags was opened (I am assuming to remove cold items as none of our items needing to be refrigerated were in the bins - although our bag had no indication that I could see saying that, but it also had no indication that they were mine so I think they probably have a system that lets them know what & who that isn’t apparent to the consumer).

When we returned later that evening we found the rest of our order in our room with the milk, etc placed in the fridge.

The only item that I probably wouldn’t order again is bananas. They were really beaten up and not that great. Everything else was good and using the service was super convenient.

As for the prime now app, I was disappointed it wouldn’t allow me to use the first time $10 off coupon even though it showed it on the header as being available. I plan to chat with amazon to see what was up with that and if they will credit it.

The only thing I wish I had done differently was to order earlier in my trip! I procrastinated a little cause I wasn’t really sure how it would work or what to put in the address info, but I really was overthinking it!

Has anyone ever used the grocery ordering directly through Disney? Prices are a bit higher but they deliver to the room directly.

We only want bagels, soda and water.

for those who have used instacart do you put your confirmation number or name anywhere so bell services know who it belongs to?
I use instacart weekly for my groceries at home and I have no clue how to set this up

Have you used fairytale personal shopper we just did terrific service no price markup just the cost of groceries plus $20 highly recommend. I also believe she does gift baskets and personal shopping. Great and friendly service.

We’re coming to Disney in Feb and won’t have a car. I’d like to get some groceries for breakfasts and lunches and snacks. Based on this info, I checked out Amazon Prime Now because were Prime members.

But it looks like they only shop at Whole Foods? I searched for “milk” and found a ton of options - starting at about $5 for a half gallon!!! Am I doing something wrong? Otherwise no amount of “free delivery” would make up the inflated prices of shopping organic.

Oops, I’m a dummy. I was searching in the Whole Foods store on Prime Now. If you search in the Amazon store you can get all the regular priced stuff, just about as good if not better than my local grocery store. God bless good ole GMOs!

This might be just the ticket for us. Question: we arrive at the resort around 11pm from the airport and plan to hit rope drop the next day. We’d want the groceries by about 7am that morning. If I place the order the night we arrive (like around 10:30 while cruising the DME), will they have a delivery window that’ll work for us? Or are we better to order before we hop on the plane?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!