>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

I took a look at Prime Now using BCV zip code (32830) and I was shown strawberries, bananas, grapes, etc. available from Amazon.

Thank you! I don't know if they weren't there this morning or if I missed them somehow, but there they are! It's much easier to do that order right before than having it ready in advance with Garden Grocer, plus saving the delivery fee.

My main question is do these delivery people know how to pick out good fruit and vegetables? Or is this a big lottery for getting quality?
I use Publix Instacart all the time at home and have always received good fruit, veggies, meats, etc.

Since I have a year "subscription" for unlimited shopping (as long as my order is over $35), we used my account while staying at PC last November for the Wine and Dine races. It was great being able to get all of our pre and post race food and beverage necessities delivered to our hotel. Instacart left our order with bell services. BS put anything that needed to stay cold in a fridge. We stopped by BS a couple of hours after it was delivered and in just a couple of minutes, we had our complete order and were on our way.

A question for those that met their shopper and accepted delivery in person; did you carry all the groceries back to your room yourself? Or did bell services assist you? I’m thinking we would not be able to carry everything ourselves, especially with a toddler in tow. With reports of food not being kept properly chipped I am unsure about having groceries left with bell services.

A question for those that met their shopper and accepted delivery in person; did you carry all the groceries back to your room yourself? Or did bell services assist you?

We've done both depending on the size of the order.

I’m thinking we would not be able to carry everything ourselves, especially with a toddler in tow. With reports of food not being kept properly chipped I am unsure about having groceries left with bell services.

We've had our orders left with Bell Services at least 12 times now with zero issues keeping perishables refrigerated.

Years back I used a service that asked me to meet the driver at the car. I had bell services assist me with a cart and walk back to the room with me.
I wonder, if you pack your groceries into the luggage and then ask Bell services for help if they'll charge, technically it is luggage, right? :rotfl:
I kid of course. $6 + a tip won't break the bank.

Help please! I’d like to order from Publix via Instacart. I’m ordering lunch meat and some other refrigerated items, so I’d like to be there for delivery. How far in advance can I order? One of the “cons” listed says delivery window can change while you’re building your list. If that happens, I’m trying to figure out if that leaves me time for a plan b. Also, how tight is the delivery window? And how late will they deliver? It looks like the closest Publix to Pop is open until 11 every day. I’d like to arrange a delivery at 10pm, if possible.

I’m a Shipt shopper and user... can I get Shipt to leave my items at bell services. I will not be ordering anything cold

Help please! I’d like to order from Publix via Instacart. I’m ordering lunch meat and some other refrigerated items, so I’d like to be there for delivery. How far in advance can I order? One of the “cons” listed says delivery window can change while you’re building your list. If that happens, I’m trying to figure out if that leaves me time for a plan b. Also, how tight is the delivery window? And how late will they deliver? It looks like the closest Publix to Pop is open until 11 every day. I’d like to arrange a delivery at 10pm, if possible.

I'm not sure if you've gotten the info that you requested, but I'll try to help. I use Instacart at least once a week to have refreshments delivered to my office. I've also subscribed and have free delivery on orders over $35. Sometimes I use it to have groceries delivered to my house when I'm feeling lazy on the weekends. :) I've been using Instacart for about two years now.

I'm looking at Publix in the Instacart app and right now the delivery time is "within one hour". There's also the option for within 2 hours or within 5 hours. Beyond that I see hourly until 9pm. For tomorrow I see hourly until 10pm. ... you get that picture. Both Wednesday and Thursday first deliveries are between 9-10am.

The hours I listed for you are different than what my local grocery stores have listed for them. On weekends they sometime say "delivery within 5 hours". YMMV
But I've had great success in delivering to our resorts while staying at Disney in the past and will have groceries delivered next week while we are there.

Good luck!

any idea if grocery deliveries are going to be included in the brand new "no deliveries from outside vendors " that was just announced by Kingdom Strollers? Apparently after October 1st you will need to meet the delivery yourself because bell services at all Disney owned resorts will no longer accept them. They're suggesting you check with any vendors before placing new orders but wasn't clear if that includes food deliveries.

any idea if grocery deliveries are going to be included in the brand new "no deliveries from outside vendors " that was just announced by Kingdom Strollers? Apparently after October 1st you will need to meet the delivery yourself because bell services at all Disney owned resorts will no longer accept them. They're suggesting you check with any vendors before placing new orders but wasn't clear if that includes food deliveries.

Yes, grocery vendors who would have previously left your items at bell service now must give the items directly to you. Bell Services will not accept them.

Edit: Including a post from Garden Grocer indicating the policy may not impact grocery deliveries. Disney'll have to put out a response soon to clarify.

"Update: Our managers have spoken to several different WDW resort bell services managers and employees and we have been assured that this new policy only affects mobility vendors (scooters, strollers, etc.) and that grocery orders will still be allowed to be left at bell services. If you have any further questions please feel free to comment on this post, private message us, email us at info@gardengrocer.com, or call our customer service department at 1-866-855-4350. Thank you so much to our customers, we look forward to continuing to serve you!"

Last edited:
Yes, grocery vendors who would have previously left your items at bell service now must give the items directly to you. Bell Services will not accept them.

Edit: Including a post from Garden Grocer indicating the policy may not impact grocery deliveries. Disney'll have to put out a response soon to clarify.

"Update: Our managers have spoken to several different WDW resort bell services managers and employees and we have been assured that this new policy only affects mobility vendors (scooters, strollers, etc.) and that grocery orders will still be allowed to be left at bell services. If you have any further questions please feel free to comment on this post, private message us, email us at info@gardengrocer.com, or call our customer service department at 1-866-855-4350. Thank you so much to our customers, we look forward to continuing to serve you!"

Welp I've already written in to Guest Services about this, because this would put a major damper on our vacations there. My wife has many health issues and grocery delivery is not really just a "luxury" for us. I would hate to have to rent a car to get it down in person OR have to coordinate and wait around the resort to receive in person...
Even if it doesn't affect groceries... so much for Disney being about service, convenience and making your stay special. Just *another* thing chipped away.

Hi! Any thoughts if this new policy will include deliveries from places like Amazon and other online stores? I’m very worried about that! Thanks!

As of now, this new policy does NOT affect grocery or Amazon deliveries.

What time do you say that you want your groceries delivered, opinions? This will be my first time having groceries delivered and I have no idea. This trip will be filled with firsts for me. My flight arrives in Orlando at 10:45am. I am taking DME for the first time so I don’t know how long to expect for that transportation, probably won’t arrive to the resort until 12:15pm. I’ve never stayed at one of the Disney resorts but I’m assuming I won’t be able to get into my room until 3pm. So we had planned to briefly explore the resort and then leave the resort to go enjoy the rest of our day elsewhere. This is why I am planning to use Garden Grocer at this point because it seemed easy to have the groceries delivered with this service (no alcohol) and left with bell services. I have no idea when we will return to the resort, I don’t want to be waiting around for groceries or for our room to be ready. I’m not sure when I should have the groceries delivered since I’m not familiar with many aspects of the process.

What time do you say that you want your groceries delivered, opinions? This will be my first time having groceries delivered and I have no idea. This trip will be filled with firsts for me. My flight arrives in Orlando at 10:45am. I am taking DME for the first time so I don’t know how long to expect for that transportation, probably won’t arrive to the resort until 12:15pm. I’ve never stayed at one of the Disney resorts but I’m assuming I won’t be able to get into my room until 3pm. So we had planned to briefly explore the resort and then leave the resort to go enjoy the rest of our day elsewhere. This is why I am planning to use Garden Grocer at this point because it seemed easy to have the groceries delivered with this service (no alcohol) and left with bell services. I have no idea when we will return to the resort, I don’t want to be waiting around for groceries or for our room to be ready. I’m not sure when I should have the groceries delivered since I’m not familiar with many aspects of the process.
My typical arrival time at MCO is between 9am-1pm. Then I assume 1.5 hours to the resort. It's completely unknown if the room will be ready - so I plan to drop off my carry-on at the resort and head to a park. I schedule my grocery delivery (Amazon Prime Now for me) between 6-8 pm for that day. This is perfect for me because I can guarantee I got up early that day due to the flight - and I don't want a super long park day that day. I plan to be back at the resort slightly after 6pm. This gives me time to explore the resort and settle into my room - and to get a good night's sleep. Because I usually order more than I can carry on my own (ie - case of water!) - I pay the $6 for bell services to deliver my stuff.

I have shipt and prime now. I will be ordering alcohol. I live in an area that doesn’t have prime now but I have prime so I assume I can use it? Does it matter which I use? Staying at GF next week.

My typical arrival time at MCO is between 9am-1pm. Then I assume 1.5 hours to the resort. It's completely unknown if the room will be ready - so I plan to drop off my carry-on at the resort and head to a park. I schedule my grocery delivery (Amazon Prime Now for me) between 6-8 pm for that day. This is perfect for me because I can guarantee I got up early that day due to the flight - and I don't want a super long park day that day. I plan to be back at the resort slightly after 6pm. This gives me time to explore the resort and settle into my room - and to get a good night's sleep. Because I usually order more than I can carry on my own (ie - case of water!) - I pay the $6 for bell services to deliver my stuff.
Do you have to be at the resort for bell services to deliver to your room? Or can you just say that you want groceries delivered to your room from bell services as soon as the groceries arrive? Thank you so much for your helpful information. I’ve never done this before.

Do you have to be at the resort for bell services to deliver to your room? Or can you just say that you want groceries delivered to your room from bell services as soon as the groceries arrive? Thank you so much for your helpful information. I’ve never done this before.
Bell Services will only deliver if you are in your room. They would not deliver them if you are not there, even if you request it.
Denise

But, will bell service hold the items till you get back in your room from the parks? Sorry, this is all new to me. thank you in advance for the response.
Bell Services will only deliver if you are in your room. They would not deliver them if you are not there, even if you request it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts