Grocery Delivery Services

dd08

Mouseketeer
Hi.

In the past our family always used Garden Grocer. For members who have tried newer services available (e.g. Amazon Pantry), would you consider any of these better than Garden Grocer?

Thanks in advance.

We used prime now. Delivered in 2 hours and delivered to bell services. We got back from parks and picked it up at bell. Ice cream was kept in freezer!

We’ve used prime now as well. In my experience they are definitely cheaper than garden grocer and obviously you don’t have to commit far in advance (can order the same day as delivery). Initially they didn’t have as much fresh produce/milk options as garden grocer but I think it is pretty good now. You can actually order from Whole Foods or the amazon prime now warehouse. The only possible drawback is if you want beer/wine. Garden grocer will take a copy of your license if you choose to have it delivered to Bell Services. With amazon prime you must personally meet the driver and show your photo ID.

Also you don’t want amazon pantry. That is the delivery service where they ship stuff. You can’t get perishables that way and it will incur package charges From Disney. You want prime now.

We used prime now. Delivered in 2 hours and delivered to bell services. We got back from parks and picked it up at bell. Ice cream was kept in freezer!
Sounds great! We have never tried a grocery delivery, but want to our next trip too.

I used Instacart through publix a few weeks ago. I ordered everything online, and modified it a few times before they started shopping. They delivered everything to bell services at the Boardwalk, and even the cold stuff was stored in the fridge. Definitely recommend them.

Garden Grocer has gotten so expensive! It is almost as much as getting it from the Disney market. Can you order Beer and Wine through Prime Now? Do you have to be there to sign for it, or will Bell services deliver it when you call? TIA!

Garden Grocer has gotten so expensive! It is almost as much as getting it from the Disney market. Can you order Beer and Wine through Prime Now? Do you have to be there to sign for it, or will Bell services deliver it when you call? TIA!
I can answer the first question - yes, you can order beer and wine through Prime Now.

I ordered beer and wine through Prime Now. It was delivered to bell services while we were on DME. When we got to the hotel, I checked in with Bell Services and they delivered the food, beer and wine to our room 15 min later. No one asked for my ID. Although, I should note that I'm in my mid-30s, so well past the age where anyone cards me. Lol

Yeah, we liked supporting Garden Grocer but the costs were more than double Prime Now. Our last trip we did a cart to cart comparison (since GG was our trusted company, etc) and it was shocking the cost difference. Once we learned Prime Now will deliver to bell services (we do not need to be present) and will be stored properly it was a done deal.

I like deciding at the last minute what to buy, I like the prices, and it is just as convenient.

We have used GG in the past. In December we used both GG and Amazon Prime Now. We were pleased with both.

From GG we ordered the things Amazon Prime Now did not carry as well as the few things we absolutely had to have even though they cost more with GG. In preparing for the trip we had stalked the Amazon Prime Now website for months and observved that almost everything in our cart came in and out of availability, frequently. We weren't willing to accept that instability for some thing, so paid the higher GG price. The things we did order from Amazon Prime Now were things we either could live without if necessary or that there was an alternate to [e.g. alternate brand that was acceptable that they also carried]. We had also compared Instacart but at the time it was the highest cost of the three so we discarded it as an option.

We are going again in December 2019 and are already planning our grocery order. I have made a spreadsheet with what we plan to order and have priced it fully a couple times at GG, Instacart (Whole Foods and Publix), and Amazon Prime Now, and checked those carts on their own many times for availability. Instacart is now competitive price-wise so they are in consideration for us. GG is usually but not always the highest price. Amazon Prime Now still has things going in and out of availability; Instacart does too but not as often. I figure we will probably end up using all three for our order as none of them carry everything we want and need, and the spreadsheet will help optimize the split.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!