Grocery delivery

KimK2006

DIS Veteran
We arriving 1/3/18. Since we are flying, I thought it might be a good idea to order some groceries. I've never done this before. How does this work? Do they leave with bellhop? Suggestions on who to use? I remember hearing about Garden Grocery (?). Is that the best one use? TIA!

I used to use Garden Grocer, but this last trip I used Amazon Prime Now. If you're a Prime member, you can too. Worked great. And, yes, if you're not there when the delivery arrives, bell services will hold on to it for you--and refrigerate anything that needs to be refrigerated.

I used to use Garden Grocer, but this last trip I used Amazon Prime Now. If you're a Prime member, you can too. Worked great. And, yes, if you're not there when the delivery arrives, bell services will hold on to it for you--and refrigerate anything that needs to be refrigerated.

I am, so I will check into this!

What about a service that will deliver beer and wine. I know Amazon doesn't have alcohol. Do other services deliver alcohol? If so, do you have to be there when it is delivered? We don't want to wait around for that if we do have to be present.

What about a service that will deliver beer and wine. I know Amazon doesn't have alcohol. Do other services deliver alcohol? If so, do you have to be there when it is delivered? We don't want to wait around for that if we do have to be present.

Garden Grocer has gotten expensive, but it's what we've used for many trips now. We've always been very satisfied with their service.
You can order alcohol through them, you just scan your DL and email it to them once you get your order confirmation number. They explain the process when you order. It's very easy. You do not have to be present when they deliver, even with the alcohol. Bell Services at your resort will store everything for you until you call for it to be delivered to your room.
Even with the higher prices and delivery charge (although they sometimes have free delivery for first orders...), it's still much cheaper than Disney prices! Definitely a savings and a time saver.

Garden Grocer has gotten expensive, but it's what we've used for many trips now. We've always been very satisfied with their service.
You can order alcohol through them, you just scan your DL and email it to them once you get your order confirmation number. They explain the process when you order. It's very easy. You do not have to be present when they deliver, even with the alcohol. Bell Services at your resort will store everything for you until you call for it to be delivered to your room.
Even with the higher prices and delivery charge (although they sometimes have free delivery for first orders...), it's still much cheaper than Disney prices! Definitely a savings and a time saver.

Great! I will probably do some off of Amazon Prime and beer/wine from GG. (We are only there for 5 days. Don't need that much. Water, breakfast foods, milk, beer, wine, a few snacks.)

Great! I will probably do some off of Amazon Prime and beer/wine from GG. (We are only there for 5 days. Don't need that much. Water, breakfast foods, milk, beer, wine, a few snacks.)

That probably won't work as Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum order. Just order everything from them. If you order from 2 services you will have to tip Bell Services twice as well

That probably won't work as Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum order. Just order everything from them. If you order from 2 services you will have to tip Bell Services twice as well
Didn't think about the tipping twice. Good point! Although, we can probably get to the $40 with beer and wine. :) I will compare both and see. Thanks!

Just note... Amazon Prime Now and Amazon Prime Pantry are two different things. While Prime Pantry has only dry goods, prime Now has groceries. I cannot get to Prime Now from my Amazon account. I have to do an internet search for it or get to it from the Prime Now app.

I say this because I have had friends come back to me any say that they could not find refrigerated items on Amazon and it turned out that they never found Prime Now.

Garden Grocer is the more expensive option between the higher prices and the higher delivery fee (plus the higher minimum order) but they have amazing customer service and a much greater selection - plus alcohol.

Prime now prices are better and the minimum is $20 and no delivery charge (suggested tip). No alcohol sadly. They will also deliver within two hours of your order and you can also select a delivery window farther out than that if you choose.

Just note... Amazon Prime Now and Amazon Prime Pantry are two different things. While Prime Pantry has only dry goods, prime Now has groceries. I cannot get to Prime Now from my Amazon account. I have to do an internet search for it or get to it from the Prime Now app.

I say this because I have had friends come back to me any say that they could not find refrigerated items on Amazon and it turned out that they never found Prime Now.

Garden Grocer is the more expensive option between the higher prices and the higher delivery fee (plus the higher minimum order) but they have amazing customer service and a much greater selection - plus alcohol.

Prime now prices are better and the minimum is $20 and no delivery charge (suggested tip). No alcohol sadly. They will also deliver within two hours of your order and you can also select a delivery window farther out than that if you choose.

Thanks so much for the detail! I just looked and found the Amazon Prime Now. I've never used either, so, I appreciate you letting me know the difference.

I've heard good things about Safeway and Publix Instacart. Both are less expensive than Garden Grocer and you can get your first order delivered for free. I plan on using safeway for my visit in late January.

We had a good experience with GG, and as someone mentioned they offer alcohol too. I believe I got a discount because I ordered more than 30 days in advance.

Given the minimum plus the delivery charge, it's probably more cost-effective to purchase alcohol from the resort store. Or Über/Lyft to a liquor store.
Just note... Amazon Prime Now and Amazon Prime Pantry are two different thing
And both are different from Amazon Prime Fresh.

I’m coming down 1/3/18 for the marathon and was thinking of doing the same! Do I just put my name and the resort address as the delivery address? It’s seems so simple. I wish I had done this last year instead of packing everything! :headache:

Great tips! We use Garden Grocer every time but I just went to place an order yesterday and wow they have gotten expensive! I may give Amazon Prime Now a try.

I’m coming down 1/3/18 for the marathon and was thinking of doing the same! Do I just put my name and the resort address as the delivery address? It’s seems so simple. I wish I had done this last year instead of packing everything! :headache:
See the pinned thread Shipping to Your Resort.

I used to use Garden Grocer, for many trips, but now that Safeway delivers there (and has beer & wine) I exclusively will use them. Their prices are MUCH better! I won't use GG again, as they have gotten expensive, and there are other choices now.

I've used Amazon Prime Pantry as well as Prime Now also. Prime Now is convenient, as it's next day. Prime Pantry you need to allow 5 days or so, as it's a shipped box.

With Prime Now, is it an actual person that delivers the groceries to the resort and do you have to be a Prime member? Also does Safeway deliver to resorts and do you have to be present when the order arrives? We have only ever used Garden Grocer.

With Safeway, do you just go to their website and enter in the zip code or is there a special page for Disney resort delivery?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!