Grocery delivery

Last year I tried to ship to Yacht Club, and my shipment never arrived. I checked daily. One box was returned to Amazon months later, the other is just gone. It said delivered prior to our arrival, I have no idea what happened.

This year I want to do Amazon Now for AKL. When I click “Deliver to this Address”, it just reloads the page, no error or anything, just not refreshing at all. I arrowed back, and it still showed no addresses on file. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• F28021F3-5B57-42DF-9341-A278ABD9DB18.jpeg
    F28021F3-5B57-42DF-9341-A278ABD9DB18.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 6
We use and love Instacart. They will deliver from Publix, Whole Foods, Costco, ABC Liquor and CVS.

I do think that you have to be there for Liquor

What is the difference for Safeway vs Publix? We don’t have either there.

How far in advance do you place the order for instacart?

With Safeway, do you just go to their website and enter in the zip code or is there a special page for Disney resort delivery?

Go to the safeway website and click on the delivery/pickup tab at the top of the page, set up an account and you can then place your order. After I set up my account and placed items in my shopping cart I received an email with a code (25free) for free delivery and $25 off my first order over $100.

With Prime Now, is it an actual person that delivers the groceries to the resort and do you have to be a Prime member? Also does Safeway deliver to resorts and do you have to be present when the order arrives? We have only ever used Garden Grocer.

You do not need to be present for either one. Yes, Safeway delivers to resorts (I used them last trip), and you only need be present if getting beer or wine. I scheduled my delivery for our first evening, knowing that after arriving early, going to Epcot all day, we'd be back at the resort to unpack and rest. Worked perfectly.

With Safeway, do you just go to their website and enter in the zip code or is there a special page for Disney resort delivery?

Just go to the top and click "delivery". Easy peasy. I now use them weekly at home (just had a delivery last evening). Saves me SO much time (and with the flu going around, I don't have to touch carts and all). I love them!

We had grocery service for the first time last year. We used garden grocer and loved the experience! The only thing missing was a box of cream cheese and after a positive, brief phone conversation they had that delivered well within 24 hours, in fact I think it was 12 hours if that. Being newbies to grocery delivery, we loved the experience! We'll definitely be using them again next year. They deliver alcohol too. :drinking1

I've used Garden Grocer and Safeway.

The bonus with GG is that they deliver wine/beer even if you're not there to receive it. You (the person paying whose name is also on the resort reservation) just scan a copy of your driver's license ahead of time as proof that you're over age. I only had to do that the first time I ordered from them...they had me in their system as over 21 from there after. When I used GG, I simply had them deliver prior to our arrival and called bell services to deliver it to our room after we'd checked in. Bell services keeps cold things cold, so it worked really well.

I used Safeway for the first time last August because the price savings was significant. However we had to be there in person to collect the order so that the delivery person could check IDs for beer/wine delivery. It worked with our plans and being there to accept the delivery wasn't a big deal...if it wouldn't have worked, I'd simply have used GG.

Grocery delivery is really easy in my experience. And it's a HUGE help with the budget when people (my "Disney Adult" boys) get hungry, which is OFTEN lol.

So glad to have found this thread... I was just going to do a GG delivery for an upcoming February trip, and the prices (which were already high IMO) have jumped. For example, I ordered a case of water for our trip in June 2017 for $10.99, that same case is now $12.99... just 6 months later.

For the other services mentioned Publix, Safeway, Amazon Now do you pay the resort delivery fee?

Holy cow, just compared Safeway and GG and I am not going to pay $28 for a case of beer. I will use Safeway and just stick around for the delivery. Priorities lol. :drinking1

We've always had great experiences with GG and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. On our last trip, however, we rented a car for the first time, and went to the Publix that is very close to the Saratoga Springs. OMG, we will never do Disney any other way, ever again. I always turned my nose up at renting a car and leaving property, but circumstances left us with a car in February. I had been so blind, that car paid itself off in dividends.

So glad to have found this thread... I was just going to do a GG delivery for an upcoming February trip, and the prices (which were already high IMO) have jumped. For example, I ordered a case of water for our trip in June 2017 for $10.99, that same case is now $12.99... just 6 months later.

For the other services mentioned Publix, Safeway, Amazon Now do you pay the resort delivery fee?

I think we pay like $4.00 or so for a case of water from Safeway.

No resort delivery fee.

For those that have used Safeway, how far in advance did you place your order? Was there a benefit from ordering early? Are there any cons from using this service?

For those that have used Safeway, how far in advance did you place your order? Was there a benefit from ordering early? Are there any cons from using this service?
I placed a Safeway order this morning for delivery 4-5pm tomorrow. We fly in at 9am. We’ll see how it goes

I use them all the time now at home, and the only benefit I see is finding the deals for free delivery (but I order a lot at home).

I would place the order in advance if you can.

I love them!

I usually start filling my cart for a while before leaving home, but that's just me. You can add to it as you want.

I used to use Garden Grocer, for many trips, but now that Safeway delivers there (and has beer & wine) I exclusively will use them. Their prices are MUCH better! I won't use GG again, as they have gotten expensive, and there are other choices now.

I've used Amazon Prime Pantry as well as Prime Now also. Prime Now is convenient, as it's next day. Prime Pantry you need to allow 5 days or so, as it's a shipped box.

Prime Now is same day. Within two hours of your order unless you specify a preferred later time.

I used prime Now. I purchased 4 24-packs of water, as well as some cold drinks the day before I arrived. I called the bell hop, who brought it up within 10-15 minutes.

The cold beverages arrived in a cooler bag with ice packs.

I'd definitely recommend it. You can add the tip for the Prime Now delivery through the app. I usually throw the bell hop a few dollars, as well.

On NYE we walked from Beach Club to Safeway for beer. It was around a 15-minute walk.

Prime Now is same day. Within two hours of your order unless you specify a preferred later time.

I placed my order day before (which is as far out as you can). Day of, I'm too busy getting to the airport at the crack of, well, way before dawn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!