Grocery delivery

I have heard Amazon Prime will deliver. I also heard there is a walmart or target nearby but you would have to uber there and back

I placed my order day before (which is as far out as you can). Day of, I'm too busy getting to the airport at the crack of, well, way before dawn!

but, it is real handy if you need stuff mid trip. The same day ordering came in really handy when we had Mom with us and ran low on supplies mid week.

I sometimes make my order just before getting on the plane or just after landing while waiting to deplane. I have everything in my cart and ready to go and just place my order...but we take a lot of last minute trips and fly standby.

I case anyone is interested, I ordered from Safeway. They were great! They were around the area 2 hours before the scheduled delivery time. They called in case we were there and wanted the delivery early. (We had just gotten off of the plane, so, that didn't work.) The only initial drawback to them was someone had to be present to show ID if you ordered alcohol. Originally, we planned on dropping off our luggage and heading to Expo to get our Marathon bibs, etc., so we could get to Epcot for afternoon FP's. Unfortunately, my DH was diagnosed with walking pneumonia the day before we left home and couldn't run the half marathon. So, he was able to stay at the resort and show ID. Would definitely use them again. (And, they have $25 off of $100 order for first time users.)

I highly recommend Safeway! I ordered 3 days before our trip. Wanted liquor too, but when I realized I couldn’t order that for delivery, debated wine and decided against. Worked out since our plane was late and we weren’t there for delivery. They did call me to tell me they had delivered and sent a text telling me how many bags. When Bell Services brought it up we were missing 3 bags, turned out it was refrigerated items which they brought immediately. I got $25 off because it was a first order, free delivery and regular grocery store prices!

Those that have used Safeway, do you click you will be there (even thought it's bell services) or do you say you won't be there? Also, do you say it's delivering to a business? or residential?
I am noticing that Amazon Prime Now has items going out of stock that we really need so thinking Safeway or Instacart might be the better options for our needs.

Those that have used Safeway, do you click you will be there (even thought it's bell services) or do you say you won't be there? Also, do you say it's delivering to a business? or residential?
I am noticing that Amazon Prime Now has items going out of stock that we really need so thinking Safeway or Instacart might be the better options for our needs.

We had to be there bc we ordered alcohol. I would think to mark you will be there...since bell service will be there. I think I put delivering to a business. I think they are very familiar with delivering to Disney. When I put the POFQ address, I also included "Disney Port Orleans French Quarter" somewhere. They will call you when they are on their way, too.

Go to the safeway website and click on the delivery/pickup tab at the top of the page, set up an account and you can then place your order. After I set up my account and placed items in my shopping cart I received an email with a code (25free) for free delivery and $25 off my first order over $100.
Thanks for sharing!!

Trying to put together bits and pieces of this thread: Since we are planning on using Safeway, it appears that they will deliver to the AOA bell desk during or near your chosen delivery window (refrigerated items will be properly stored) and that the entire order will be held until you notify the desk you are back at the resort. The bell desk staff will bring it to your room, correct? (Trying to plan that first delivery on Day #1 and we aren't sure precisely when we will be back at the resort after dinner. I assume the desk will hold the order for a few hours in case we are running behind.)

Now, if beer/wine are ordered, as an ID must be presented upon delivery, someone has to been on site during that delivery window. Safeway will call in advance of arrival and then we meet the delivery person in the main lobby?

All assistance in how this grocery delivery system works is appreciated as no one in our travel party of 3 families has any experience with this. We are 32 days out and the Grandparents are probably more excited than the Grandkids.

Trying to put together bits and pieces of this thread: Since we are planning on using Safeway, it appears that they will deliver to the AOA bell desk during or near your chosen delivery window (refrigerated items will be properly stored) and that the entire order will be held until you notify the desk you are back at the resort. The bell desk staff will bring it to your room, correct? (Trying to plan that first delivery on Day #1 and we aren't sure precisely when we will be back at the resort after dinner. I assume the desk will hold the order for a few hours in case we are running behind.)

Now, if beer/wine are ordered, as an ID must be presented upon delivery, someone has to been on site during that delivery window. Safeway will call in advance of arrival and then we meet the delivery person in the main lobby?

All assistance in how this grocery delivery system works is appreciated as no one in our travel party of 3 families has any experience with this. We are 32 days out and the Grandparents are probably more excited than the Grandkids.

Yes, that is exactly how it works. A couple of weeks ago was our first grocery delivery experience. It was super easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter