grocery delivery

dwight16

DIS Veteran
i know it’s been covered a bunch but any updates on grocery delivery have used garden grocer and dvc delivery just wanted to know if their are any new or better options. Looking for beer and wine and mostly breakfast foods and snacks. Thank you

I have used fairytale personal shopper she is terrific one flat $20 fee plus the cost of groceries no markups. Highly recommend her

My daughter is doing DCP this fall so I'm on a FB page for parents. Lots of talk about grocery delivery services on there (many kids don't bring cars with them) and I've seen a lot of good feedback on Instacart. I'm considering giving them a try on our next trip.

My daughter is doing DCP this fall so I'm on a FB page for parents. Lots of talk about grocery delivery services on there (many kids don't bring cars with them) and I've seen a lot of good feedback on Instacart. I'm considering giving them a try on our next trip.

I have used InstaCart the last 2-3 visits and very pleased and I always order, beer, wine and margarita, oh and food LOL

One time they messed up my alcohol order and gave me back my $10 delivery fee without a problem so I felt the customer service was also very good.

I will use them again in September.

I was using Safeway until they discontinued service at Disney. I've also used Instacart and Walmart recently. No problems with either.

I think I'll give Instacart a shot too. If we arrive at MCO 1pm. Check in at 4pm. We would like to cook a meal that first night. If I put in a 5pm delivery time, is there a window of time or are they pretty accurate on the delivery time? I'm thinking 5 gives me plenty of time to put everything away and cook.

I think I'll give Instacart a shot too. If we arrive at MCO 1pm. Check in at 4pm. We would like to cook a meal that first night. If I put in a 5pm delivery time, is there a window of time or are they pretty accurate on the delivery time? I'm thinking 5 gives me plenty of time to put everything away and cook.

That should work. Hopefully, the room will be ready.

Instacart from Publix worked great for us a few months ago and the price was significantly less expensive than Garden Grocer who we used to use.

You can choose delivery within 1 hour, delivery within 2 hours, delivery within 5 hours, or you can choose a specific one hour time slot. Ignore the pricing below, it changes based on order size, date, and current promotions. Delivery within 1 hour is almost always an upcharge so we choose a 1 hour time slot.

Bell services will also hold your groceries, so if you land at MCO at 1 and place the order for delivery within 2 hours, let them know in the delivery comments that you want the items held at bell services and to refrigerate/ freeze any items that require it. When you check in, you can have bell services deliver the groceries to you.

**If your order contains alcohol, Instacart's policy is that you have to meet the driver at bell services. If that is the case then I would place the order when you arrive at MCO, and choose the next time slot after "delivery within 2 hours" to be safe (so a window like 4-5 pm) to give yourself plenty of time for DME to get you there**
delivery times.JPG

You can choose delivery within 1 hour, delivery within 2 hours, delivery within 5 hours, or you can choose a specific one hour time slot. Ignore the pricing below, it changes based on order size, date, and current promotions. Delivery within 1 hour is almost always an upcharge so we choose a 1 hour time slot.

Great stuff. Off hand, how far out in advanced can I make the booking? Personally I would like to do this at least a week out. It gets so crazy that week leading up to a Disney trip!

Great stuff. Off hand, how far out in advanced can I make the booking? Personally I would like to do this at least a week out. It gets so crazy that week leading up to a Disney trip!

You can select a delivery window that's the current day, or up to 4 days out. For example, if it's Monday you can choose delivery as late as Friday. I usually start building an order a few weeks before the trip, add items during the next few weeks as I think of them, and then finalize the order once we land in case I realize mid-flight that I forgot something else (even non-foods like sunscreen, toothbrushes, diaper cream- as you can see, this has happened to me more than once).

Also useful- you can chat with the shopper through the Instacart app and in more than once case I've cancelled or added items that way as well (for instance they were out of the muffins I wanted so I asked if the shopper could get bagels instead, and also add cream cheese and it was no issue at all).

Also useful-

This is great. I'll build the list like you do. It's probably best to submit it as we are waiting for the flight. I could see getting a delay (with Southwest Airlines these days!) and arriving after our food has delivered. We're actually staying the first week at Vacation Village and then on to VWL for a week.

Dizzy Dolphin posted on Facebook today that Disney will be charging $6 for all bell service grocery deliveries to the room.
Is that in addition to their tip? If not, no big deal, I always gave them 5 so it would be an extra buck.

If it is in addition to the tip, doesn't our dues cover a base wage for bell services, or are they strictly a tipped position? If our dues cover a base wage, then IMO, it should be like parking, where members are exempt.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how it applies to members.

I'd like to bet that the resorts have had to add refrigerators and freezers to their Bell Services area with all the grocery deliveries in the past years. You're getting an extra service; so you pay for it. If $6 is going to break your budget, stay home.

I'd like to bet that the resorts have had to add refrigerators and freezers to their Bell Services area with all the grocery deliveries in the past years. You're getting an extra service; so you pay for it. If $6 is going to break your budget, stay home.

But if the cost of those fridges were paid for by dues, like we pay for roadways and parking areas, and if the bell service employees are included in the dues costs for resort operations, then they really should not be charging members a service fee, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter