grocery delivery

The main issue I see is this fee is going to cause less people to have stuff delivered to their room from bell services. This will mean less tips for them and probably will lead to trimming of the work force.

I have used InstaCart the last 2-3 visits and very pleased and I always order, beer, wine and margarita, oh and food LOL

One time they messed up my alcohol order and gave me back my $10 delivery fee without a problem so I felt the customer service was also very good.

I will use them again in September.

I just used instacart for Costco spring break May. The person was awesome she even texted me alternatives while she was shopping with pictures. I never used them before this trip and always used garden grocer, but GG quality/selection has gone down and prices gone up. I definitely will use them again and was pleasantly surprised by how good it worked out. I hate grocery shopping and we did have a car, this was way better for me to pick out ahead of time, have someone else do the shopping meet at Bell Services then have them deliver. Costco doesn't do alcohol but other stores they work with do, and website is easy to use. I did the "big" stuff through instacart and just picked up some beer on the way back from one of the parks at speedway. We plan to do most eating in the room and do lots of cooking (4 kids) then we eat out whenever it is convenient. We don't "plan" meals just wing all our trips and do whatever is works for us at that particular time. Only thing I was worried about is you can only set up delivery 7days in advance and I was nervous of not getting a delivery time - but no problems.

Only thing I was worried about is you can only set up delivery 7days in advance and I was nervous of not getting a delivery time - but no problems.

As a Type A planner, this was my biggest concern too but right at the 7 day mark, I went on and chose my delivery, and, like you, worked out fine both times. We don't have a car when we go but I also HATE foodshopping (my dh does the shopping at home). I plan on using them again in September when I am there with my mom.

So to clarify for my June trip. I need to create an Instacart account. Then I use them to shop for me at a local Publix? I set a time and place for delivery? Is that how it works? I want to have the perishables bought and delivered to Boardwalk.

So to clarify for my June trip. I need to create an Instacart account. Then I use them to shop for me at a local Publix? I set a time and place for delivery? Is that how it works? I want to have the perishables bought and delivered to Boardwalk.

Correct. But, you cannot select delivery date/time until about a week before the date you want them sent.

We just used Instacart last week for our BLT stay- ordered groceries and liquor from the ABC store. Picked our delivery slot that day with no problem. The deliveries were separate and I waited in the lobby for both- had to show ID of course. Bellman took groceries up and I tipped him but there was no DVC extra charge. Both deliveries were accurate and they texted me when they were on their way and upon arrival.

We recently used fairytale personal shopper they are fantastic very friendly no mark up just a flat $20 service charge. I believe she also does gift baskets. Highly recommend

We just used Instacart last week for our BLT stay- ordered groceries and liquor from the ABC store. Picked our delivery slot that day with no problem. The deliveries were separate and I waited in the lobby for both- had to show ID of course. Bellman took groceries up and I tipped him but there was no DVC extra charge. Both deliveries were accurate and they texted me when they were on their way and upon arrival.
That’s nice you didn’t have to pay the new delivery fee. I’m guessing it was because you were there accepting the delivery and you were already settled in your room. When I called down to have my luggage and groceries delivered to my room I was made aware that the luggage would be delivered at no charge but the groceries would incur a $6 charge. The only way to avoid it would be to pick them up from bell services and carry them to the room myself. Since we had a case of water plus several grocery bags I had them delivered (would have been multiple trips to pick everything up otherwise)

We had an issue with Instacart last year (VERY late delivery, lots of wrong and damaged items, melted ice cream...) and they just didn't want to know, blatantly ignored all emails, I finally got them to respond by calling them out publicly on Twitter and to be fair they did make amends, we tried them again last week and had no issues. Their service very much comes down to the person delivering your order IMO.

If you do have any issues with them, i'd recommend going straight to Twitter as emailing them privately gets you nowhere.

We had an issue with Instacart last year (VERY late delivery, lots of wrong and damaged items, melted ice cream...) and they just didn't want to know, blatantly ignored all emails, I finally got them to respond by calling them out publicly on Twitter and to be fair they did make amends, we tried them again last week and had no issues. Their service very much comes down to the person delivering your order IMO.

If you do have any issues with them, i'd recommend going straight to Twitter as emailing them privately gets you nowhere.

Like I mentioned above, I had a problem with an alcohol delivery but I called and it was resolved immediately. Did you call first, or just use email/twitter? I'm asking since they were very nice and tried to help and credited me back my delivery fee when I called.

Because they fixed it and credited me, I thought it was good customer service and going to use again in September.

Thanks.

There is now a charge to hold groceries at bell services.
Since when? I though the charge was to have them delivered by Bell Services. Not if they just hold them and you pick them up yourself. Has this changed within the last week or so?

Yes it's new. You have to be there to receive them. Even if it's at bell services.
Might I ask where you are seeing this? MS is stating it's only delivered to your room and GS is saying the same thing when I call. I have a call coming up with MS on this so I am curious to see any reports so I can address it with them.

Might I ask where you are seeing this? MS is stating it's only delivered to your room and GS is saying the same thing when I call. I have a call coming up with MS on this so I am curious to see any reports so I can address it with them.
It is only if you have BS deliver groceries to your room. If you pick them up - no charge. Bell Services will hold items for free.

Well JetBlue changed our flight arrival time on us, which may make it tricky for us to be there to sign for alcohol if we use Instacart. Does anyone know if Wal-Mart delivery has this same requirement?

What store is the instacart from? We have missed Disney for the last 4 years and need to get back into the swing of things.

What store is the instacart from? We have missed Disney for the last 4 years and need to get back into the swing of things.

If I use the address for Polynesian, I get the following stores:

Publix, ABC Wine & Spirits, Aldi, Total Wine & More, Costco, CVS Pharmacy, Costco Business Center, BJ's Wholesale Club, and Publix Liquors

This list is larger than it was when we last ordered in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter