Grocery delivery

We have always found that it really depends on what exactly you want. I don't think I've ever found a single option that carries 100% of what we want (other than having WeGoShop do stops at multiple stores and pay the surcharge for that), so it's always been who comes closest. Lately it's been Amazon PrimeNow, but really depends on what exactly you need.

Walmart cannot deliver to bell services (last I checked) as they won't bag everything in brown paper bags.

Last year we ordered from both PrimeNow and Garden Grocer (it was before PrimeNow would deliver alcohol)

We have used Instacart (Publix) many times now with zero issues or complaints. They will even bring Publix subs made to order, fried chicken, and other hot deli items if you want.

We were going to do one of the delivery services but opted to rent a car for a day (we still had free parking/grandfathered in). It wasn’t that much more and we were able to do a target run and get what we needed, sizes we wanted, substitutes we wanted, etc.... our flight arrived early enough to do this so we went int he afternoon after we swam before we went to dinner. Next time I would use a lyft/Uber.

We've used Garden Grocer a few times and have been happy with them. It's good to know other options though.

I have used Walmart Grocery. It is very useful. And VERY inexpensive. But you have to know it's limits. Which they are not the best at explaining.

1) You MUST be there to take delivery yourself. The delivery usually comes from DoorDash. Sometimes Uber affiliate. They can lose their job and all future delivery opportunities if someone doesn't sign. See this corporate statement from DoorDash on their affiliation: "Item 4:...All Walmart deliveries will require the customer's signature - leaving groceries unattended could result in Walmart preventing you from receiving future opportunities with them "

2) You could if you are very very lucky get your items delivered to Bell Services at your resort. That is the exception. Don't count on it. I called Walmart Grocery and asked if someone HAD to sign. One CS rep said Yes, then unsure, then No. I should have gone with the first response. I wasn't there for the delivery. Bell Services wouldn't sign. They took all my food and drinks back (thankfully no perishables). I was not charged at least. I had to reorder and schedule for the next day at a time that I was present for pickup.

3)The prices are the BEST of all the grocery delivery options. I saw significant savings when I comparison shopped. The items are diverse as well. I forgot sunscreen one visit. I added it to me Walmart Grocery order and problem solved. No resort mark-up and in the brand I wanted (Neutrogena). Basically almost anything household or food you can get at a SuperWalmart you can get through Walmart grocery: toiletries, pantry, baby food, soda...I am not even scratching the surface. I bought a cheapo baby high chair for a 10 day visit. Such a lifesaver for breakfast in the resort room. All at very close to regular Walmart prices.

4) It helps to have previously used Walmart Grocery at home (and not on vacation) to get the flow. Use the phone app and/or the Walmart Grocery website. Don't go through walmart.com ....too much opportunity for you miss a selection and get packages or store pickup, instead of local delivery. Make sure your address is correct. Make double sure that your cell phone number is totally correct They will call to make sure you are there to take delivery. Do not give your home number (i did this once, it was awkward to say the least). Make sure the delivery time you select that you are there and available for the whole hour. If you book earlier and later in the day, we have found that the stick very close to the window. Make sure you leave specific driver instructions. (Text me when you arrive. I will let you know which Building to bring it to. Please arrive as close as you can to ##:## time, etc)

5) One GREAT thing: you can generally add items to your order until like 1am the day before delivery. I start putting stuff in my Walmart Grocery cart a month out and dump more items up until an hour before window closes. Give them a little buffer <wink> You can do this even after you submit the order. You still have the usually 1am day before window. Super nice!

6) Once you submit order you can add items to your order, but you can NOT change Delivery Address, Contact information, or Driver instructions. That is not specified anywhere on the website. At where a drained DM can easily see at least.

All that said. If used within its "swim lane" Walmart Grocery is inexpensive, easy, and useful. Just use the WG site/app, make sure your driver instructions/contact/address is totally right, and be present to receive order in delivery window. Hope that helps!

We've used Garden Grocer for years and they have always been excellent. Used the Dizly app during the last trip for beer and wine delivery as the prices were great and the delivery was easy to schedule as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter