Grocery nearby

tschaan

Mouseketeer
I'm flying in next month for the half marathon and I'd love to stop by a grocery (patisserie) and get some wine, bread and cheese for my hotel room. I'm staying at the New York Hotel. Is there a nearby place that is within walking distance from the RER?

Last edited:
yes, there is a huge Auchan supermarkert in Val d'Europe shopping mall which is one stop on the train. There is also a free shuttle bus from the bus stop area to Val D'Europe.

What BadPinkTink said, use the supermarket at the shopping mall. It's open till 10pm Mon to Sat and 7:30pm on Sun. You can even walk if you fancy, it's about 20 mins from Newport Bay Club just down the road. There's also an ESSO gas station next to the Santa Fe hotel parking lot which is 24/7. It has a small grocery store, too, if you can't make it the Auchan.

BTW, we're also going to the half marathon, arriving on the 19th to spend a few days ahead of time in the parks.

There is also a small supermarket inside the train station at DLP which will sell those things as well - Im not sure of opening times though

Tip from a local: there is also a Carrefour supermarket at Bussy-St-Georges, which is only one station further than Val d'Europe. The Carrefour is right accross the train station (30s walk) and while there is plenty of options, is much smaller than the Auchan. If you only need a couple of items, it might be more efficient to ride one more station on the RER!

Another option might be to go the New York Hotel bar. I am quite confident they sell platters of cheese that you can bring back to your room (not even having to walk out the hotel, THAT is walking distance!)

Oh, and around the Carrefour, there is a boulangerie that is being held by a “meilleur ouvrier de France”. This is a contest with very few winners every hard, very tough to be one of them. If you have the chance to taste their bread, it is beyond fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter