Grocery Orders

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
I couldn't find a link in our CDN board about this but please link if there is one.

I will be doing a grocery order in August when we have our first family DVC stay at Baylake. What have you found to be the best grocery service? I can order a grocery order through DVC which will be as expensive as a store like Publix. Amazon? Other Service? I will be buying food for 7 people for a week, so it will be a lot of food and bulk pricing will be helpful. How difficult if at all for a CDN? Thanks for any input you can provide.

Hi
I have found DVC orders very limited to what is in the Resort gift shop and very pricey.

I have used Garden Grocer and been happy with their service.
https://www.gardengrocer.com/
I find for a large group taking an Uber over to Walmart and picking up my groceries a much more economical and fun adventure.
https://www.yelp.ca/search?find_desc=walmart&find_loc=Disney+World,+Orlando,+FL
Regards
Mel

Other threads on the subject
https://www.disboards.com/threads/ordering-water-to-resort.3757957/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery.3738268/
Not a Canadian Thread but good info:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/

Last edited:
I have used Garden Grocer and Publix Instacart. Both are very good, but GG is much more expensive. Every item is marked up significantly. The other company people rave about is Dizzy Dolphin. It seems the one to stay far away from is We Go Shop.

We've used GG, DD, the resort store form, and Instacart Publix - if you're ordering $20-30 worth of goods the resort store is easiest, otherwise Instacart Publix is by far the best choice price/selection wise. GG/DD are extremely expensive compared to Instacart especially if you add alcohol to the order.

What we do is order when we are hanging out at the pool, the app shows you where your delivery is so you can easily meet your driver in the lobby and take delivery. Usually have your order inside of an hour if you pay for the fastest delivery (~$10 IIRC? They use surge pricing so it depends on how busy they are). I've also found when we stay at a larger resort (OKW/SSR/etc.) that has drive up access the driver will bring your goods directly to your room. If you're ordering a large order it's pretty easy to build a cart while hanging out at the airport waiting for your flight then order once settled into your room.

Never used Amazon, but the prices seem to be inline with Instacart for the most part.

Adding a dumb question here because I'm trying to put together my Instacart order for our Tuesday arrival. How do I add a Canadian credit card to pay for the order? It will only let me associate a CC with a zip code when I try to add a payment method. Would love to know how others have done this!

Adding a dumb question here because I'm trying to put together my Instacart order for our Tuesday arrival. How do I add a Canadian credit card to pay for the order? It will only let me associate a CC with a zip code when I try to add a payment method. Would love to know how others have done this!

Try the usual zip code hack for Canadians...use the 3 numbers in your postal code followed by two zeroes.

We just got back from Disney and I used Instacart twice. They were great. No problems at all with the orders. The first order was placed at home a few days before arrival. The second was placed while there and was delivered in <2 hours.

They already have my card on file from previous orders so I didn't have to enter any info, but I'm assuming I used the zip code hack the first time I ordered.

Try the usual zip code hack for Canadians...use the 3 numbers in your postal code followed by two zeroes.

We just got back from Disney and I used Instacart twice. They were great. No problems at all with the orders. The first order was placed at home a few days before arrival. The second was placed while there and was delivered in <2 hours.

They already have my card on file from previous orders so I didn't have to enter any info, but I'm assuming I used the zip code hack the first time I ordered.
Thank you for reassuring me that it can successfully be done! I ended up leaving the billing address as my resort address. It went through just fine and my order's all set for Tuesday!

Have used both dd and insta. Dd was more expensive and they substituted without checking. Insta was good no issues. Just remember to cancel when you get home or ou will be billed their yearly fee. Now rhey did refund me so bonus.
I have heard great things about fairy princess something like that cant remember the exact name and will try her next time.

We use to use GG but WOW have their prices gone crazy! Were packing as many snacks as possible this time and will pick up a few randoms things at our resort.

Just placed an order last night with instacart but now reading that they wont leave alcohol with bell services? Is this correct? Our flight lands at 3pm and we have requested delivery between 5-7pm, but there is a chance we wont have arrived at the resort when it arrives? Thanks

Used Dd last week and won’t use them again. Way too many substitutions. And the substitutions were items of far lesser quality. With GG I know what I’m getting. I’ve used them for eleven years and will go back to them after this one time with DD.
Not entirely comfortable with Instacart. Don’t know why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter