Grocery Pick Up Mix Up

This didn't actually happen to me, but I read a story yesterday where a lady was quite upset when the tasteful paper plates she ordered for her father's funeral were out of stock, and the store substituted multicolored "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" plates.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/k...-provided-happy-birthday-plates-fathers-wake/To be fair, the store was unaware that the plates were for a funeral, and I would have welcomed the touch of humor that the mixup would have added to an otherwise sad day.

I've never tried grocery delivery. It would work for some things but I'm too picky about produce to let someone else pick. These crazy stories make me think I'm better off continuing to shop for myself LOL

You know as I tyoe this you got me thinking, why do I care if they pick it out, I will eat it no matter what it looks like, lol
I'm sure it's all good until they sub in an avocado or something...😉

In defense of the poor people who have to pick the items off the shelf:

1) Often people put an item on their list by the wrong name. Some one months ago here on the DIS posted they ordered a Turkey Roast and got....drum roll.... a TURKEY ROAST. They really wanted a Turkey Breast half. They had never heard of a Turkey Roast, which are rolled turkey sections formed into a roast and frozen. Those us who grew up during the money tight 1960's certainly know what a Turkey Roast is.

2) At least here most of these personal shoppers at high school and college kids who jumped at a chance to make $25 an hour. They have no life experience, most never even working in a grocery store before, and often are of the generation that doesn't shop or cook, their food all comes from Uber Eats or Grub Hub. We always chat up the same young lady at our store that is a personal shopper. She was in the wine aisle in front of Cooks Champagne looking for "cooking wine". She said something to us and my wife lead her to the baking aisle with flour, sugar spices and COOKING WINE. And she is one of the experienced personal shoppers there, having been there two years. Her store went from two personal shoppers this year, to 30 due to demang.

Some of these are so funny!

So not a grocery order as we don't have that service around here. But, I have had a hilarious mix-up with a prescription two years ago.

I had been in the hospital for 4 days with uncontrollable vomiting. The hospital Dr. wrote out prescriptions for 2 different oral anti nausea meds and a scipt for an anti nausea suppository, The hospital sent me home with enough doses to get me through 24 hours and sent the 3 prescriptions electronically to the pharmacy.

The pharmacy called my husband the next day and said that they needed to call around to two other pharmacies to get enough of one of the meds, so not to come until the afternoon to pick everything up. My husband arrived home with a large bag from the pharmacy, which seemed odd to me. since he only picked up 3 scripts! I looked in to see TEN boxes of suppositories with TWENTY in each box!!!!!!!! My prescription was for for ten suppositories TOTAL!!!! As sick as I was, I couldn't stop laughing!!! What in the world did a pharmacist think that a single person needed 200 suppositories for?!?!

So what was the script that they had to call around to two other pharmacies to fill?? Yep, the 200 suppositories!!!! I must have been the talk of the local pharmacists!!

We still laugh every time we think about it!!

Walmart delivery in our area is pretty good. If they don’t have an item and you are ok with substitutions usually they do a good job of selecting replacements. That being said, a few months ago I ordered a toilet bowl brush and they substituted a toilet plunger....not the same thing. 🤣

Often people put an item on their list by the wrong name.

That is interesting...I've got limited experience with ordering groceries for pick up, not many places to pick from around here. So its Walmart or Acme. With each we choose an item online, specifically, so there is no question of what we picked. Didn't know you could shop for pick up at some places by submitting a list! I can see where that would lead to some confusion.

Our "local" Walmart hasn't been to bad w/ my orders. Although I do not order meat or fruit/vegetables from them as I prefer to shop for those items elsewhere myself. Only once have I refused something - I ordered Mr. Clean solution and got something else with a super floral heavy-duty scent.

I think my best one so far has been I ordered a 4# bag of frozen chicken thighs and got (2) 3# bags instead. Today’s wasn’t too bad either. I ordered a 2# bag of Great Value frozen mixed vegetables and got a 5# bag of Birdseye instead.

That is interesting...I've got limited experience with ordering groceries for pick up, not many places to pick from around here. So its Walmart or Acme. With each we choose an item online, specifically, so there is no question of what we picked. Didn't know you could shop for pick up at some places by submitting a list! I can see where that would lead to some confusion.

Our "local" Walmart hasn't been to bad w/ my orders. Although I do not order meat or fruit/vegetables from them as I prefer to shop for those items elsewhere myself. Only once have I refused something - I ordered Mr. Clean solution and got something else with a super floral heavy-duty scent.

I don't know. That was someone here on the DIS that posted they got the wrong item. Well, they actually ordered the wrong item because they didn't know what the real name was for the product they actually wanted. I have zero experience with online grocery shopping. Much of our meal planning is done by "what looks good" once we get to the store that online wouldn't work. We have done our grocery shopping on Sunday mornings for years. Usually hitting the stores about 9-930 am. With the pandemic we started hitting the local chain grocery store about 6 am when they open, then Walmart at 7 am when they open. Now we hit Walmart first at 7 am, then the local chain store right after, then get our foo foo coffee at Dutch Bros, and frequently we are home by 8 am.

I had fresh tuna subbed for fresh salmon because they were same color, guess it makes sense 🤣🤣

Some of these subs are quite funny.

I get ordering French's Mustard and subbing Heniz Mustard. But to get a completely different item is not what I would think of a substitutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!