Grocery shopping from Contemporary

Gelatoni

Earning My Ears
Do you think this plan will work?

We'd rather go grocery shopping in person than get a delivery, or rather the DH would). We also want to do Premium Outlets.

I've worked out the cheapest and most efficient way of doing this is to get the Disney bus to Disney Springs, then an Uber to Premium Outlets on Vineland, then Uber to Target to get groceries, Uber to Disney Springs, and bus back.

We want to do it all in a day so this seems the most logical way.

We're not getting a car.

Do you think this plan will work?

We'd rather go grocery shopping in person than get a delivery, or rather the DH would). We also want to do Premium Outlets.

I've worked out the cheapest and most efficient way of doing this is to get the Disney bus to Disney Springs, then an Uber to Premium Outlets on Vineland, then Uber to Target to get groceries, Uber to Disney Springs, and bus back.

We want to do it all in a day so this seems the most logical way.

We're not getting a car.

If it were me I would definitely eliminate the bus to/from Disney Springs. You're adding at least 45 minutes and saving maybe $5 total. And having to schlep your purchases on a crowded bus? Just not worth it to us.

If it were me I would definitely eliminate the bus to/from Disney Springs. You're adding at least 45 minutes and saving maybe $5 total. And having to schlep your purchases on a crowded bus? Just not worth it to us.

Not to mention that if you could end up waiting for the bus for 15-20 minutes, or more, out in the heat with groceries - may not work the best for refrigerated items.

I know it adds to the journey, but the saving amounts to about $20-30. I was originally thinking it's worth it to save that amount? That's 2 cocktails in a nice WDW lounge!

DH only wants to go to Target. I've tried... lol

Also on the same note: we are from the UK. Will $100 be enough for a small 2 week grocery shop, for breakfast items, bread, fruit, salad, juice, snacks and lunch stuff? Refrigerated items only. We are eating out at least once a day so shouldn't need a lot.

There are 2 of us.

I know it adds to the journey, but the saving amounts to about $20-30. I was originally thinking it's worth it to save that amount? That's 2 cocktails in a nice WDW lounge!

DH only wants to go to Target. I've tried... lol

I know a family that did the bus to Disney Springs then Uber to the outles one day then Uber directly to the outlets another. Adding the in the bus saved them $5.34 total for round trip. I just hit them up for the exact amount but I was pretty sure it was around $5.

I know a family that did the bus to Disney Springs then Uber to the outles one day then Uber directly to the outlets another. Adding the in the bus saved them $5.34 total for round trip. I just hit them up for the exact amount but I was pretty sure it was around $5.

Wow OK, maybe not worth the hassle then. Were they also at CR?

Discussing with DH and we may get the bus to DS on the way, then Uber all the rest of it.

Our budget for the groceries plus Uber is $100 (obv not counting the Outlets purchases!), so as long as we are within that I am happy.

we spent 100 for two weeks and that covered snacks, bottled water, gatorade, and some beer for the room - you are WAY under a budget if you are figuring in uber costs PLUS breakfast, snacks, lunch, and drinks - i would go up to about 150 just for groceries

we spent 100 for two weeks and that covered snacks, bottled water, gatorade, and some beer for the room - you are WAY under a budget if you are figuring in uber costs PLUS breakfast, snacks, lunch, and drinks - i would go up to about 150 just for groceries

Wow really? Is that for 2 people though? For us a FULL grocery shop, breakfast, lunch, dinner, housewares, the works can come in under $100 for 2 weeks in the UK.

I just did a little pricing to be sure after reading your comment and the Uber estimated fares come to $36.

Doing a basic tally up on instacart (not Target I know), for a 2 week light shop for breakfast, lunch drinks and snacks, i'm hard pressed to get beyond $50, even when throwing in several non essentials.

Maybe i'm underestimating what we'll eat?

If you're only eating one of three meals at the park, then yes, you are underestimating what you will be spending.

What is it you're looking at purchasing? Breakfast items covers a lot, lunch covers a lot, etc.

Maybe you could downgrade to a moderate and free up some additional for your food budget.

We will up our grocery budget a bit then just in case.

Breakfast is oatmeal and fruit. Lunch is a sandwich. Just like at home. We will be eating out more often than once a day i just want to ensure we have a plentitude of food in the room for the days we don't, so enough for breakkie and lunch each day covers it :)

Why would we need to do that? That seems dramatic :hyper:

People in DVC accomodation have kitchen facilities we can eat in (or out) as much as desired.

Edit: sorry was quoting mom2rtk. Still getting used to the quoting system!

Wow really? Is that for 2 people though? For us a FULL grocery shop, breakfast, lunch, dinner, housewares, the works can come in under $100 for 2 weeks in the UK.

I just did a little pricing to be sure after reading your comment and the Uber estimated fares come to $36.

Doing a basic tally up on instacart (not Target I know), for a 2 week light shop for breakfast, lunch drinks and snacks, i'm hard pressed to get beyond $50, even when throwing in several non essentials.

Maybe i'm underestimating what we'll eat?

Yup - there’s just two adults. You are underestimating how hungry you will be with all that walking

When we stay at BLT, we just use the little gift shop in combination with Contempo to keep breakfast and snacks in the unit

They have quite a nice selection of grocery items in that gift shop, it's pretty amazing what they fit in there

When we stay at BLT, we just use the little gift shop in combination with Contempo to keep breakfast and snacks in the unit

They have quite a nice selection of grocery items in that gift shop, it's pretty amazing what they fit in there

That was our other plan, BUT, if people are saying on here $150 minimum for oatmeal, juices, snacks and sandwich stuff in Target, what on earth would it cost in the resort store :rotfl:

I'm still in disbelief that groceries would be THAT much tbh... usually things cost less for us in the US than here, but we will trust the word of this forum and budget extra for it.

That was our other plan, BUT, if people are saying on here $150 minimum for oatmeal, juices, snacks and sandwich stuff in Target, what on earth would it cost in the resort store :rotfl:

I'm still in disbelief that groceries would be THAT much tbh... usually things cost less for us in the US than here, but we will trust the word of this forum and budget extra for it.

I don’t think you will need $150. I definitely think you can do oatmeal, fruit, sandwich ingredients, drinks, and snacks for well under $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter