Group of 14 at Chef Mickey's

ShellyShell

Back To Disney to Celebrate Moms 80th after 7yrs!!
How difficult is it to get reservations for such a large group? Do they even allow you to reserve for this many people? Also what's this 60+ I keep seeing. I haven't been on this board in years so this is new for me. We are visiting in April for my Mom's 80th. Want to reserve Chef Mickey for 4/26. What's the best strategy?

If you are staying on property at a Disney resort, you can make dining reservations beginning 60 days prior to your check-in date, plus the dates of your remaining reservation (up to 10 additional days, I believe). So it gives you a jump on tough-to-get ADRs over those who don't stay at a Disney resort. So if my calculations are correct, if 4/26 is your arrival date, you can book your dining 2/26. If you arrive earlier, your booking date will be earlier.

As for Chef Mickey's, it is extremely likely you will need to break into 2 (or even 3) smaller groups for dining there. You'll probably have 2 options making them - since a person can only hold one ADR during a specific time period, you might need another member of your group to also go in and reserve a table (for 4 or perhaps 6 or 8, if available) at the same time you get it. Then the day of your meal, show up perhaps 15 minutes early and let them know you're traveling together and would like to sit together - or at least close. They will usually do all they can to get you close. With 14, it seems unlikely CM's will get you at a single table, but it doesn't hurt to ask. You can book online beginning at 6AM ET.

Option 2 for Chef Mickey's is to wait until 7AM, call 407-WDW-DINE, and have a cast member make the reservations for you - they can book more than one table for you, something you yourself cannot do.

Hope this info helps at least a little!

If you are staying on property at a Disney resort, you can make dining reservations beginning 60 days prior to your check-in date, plus the dates of your remaining reservation (up to 10 additional days, I believe). So it gives you a jump on tough-to-get ADRs over those who don't stay at a Disney resort. So if my calculations are correct, if 4/26 is your arrival date, you can book your dining 2/26. If you arrive earlier, your booking date will be earlier.

As for Chef Mickey's, it is extremely likely you will need to break into 2 (or even 3) smaller groups for dining there. You'll probably have 2 options making them - since a person can only hold one ADR during a specific time period, you might need another member of your group to also go in and reserve a table (for 4 or perhaps 6 or 8, if available) at the same time you get it. Then the day of your meal, show up perhaps 15 minutes early and let them know you're traveling together and would like to sit together - or at least close. They will usually do all they can to get you close. With 14, it seems unlikely CM's will get you at a single table, but it doesn't hurt to ask. You can book online beginning at 6AM ET.

Option 2 for Chef Mickey's is to wait until 7AM, call 407-WDW-DINE, and have a cast member make the reservations for you - they can book more than one table for you, something you yourself cannot do.

Hope this info helps at least a little!
Thank you so much!! We are not staying at a Disney Resort so does that mean I can not make reservations 60 days out?

If you're not staying on Disney property, it means you can make your reservations exactly 60 days out, but nothing beyond the 60 days.

As an example, on 2/26, you can try to book your reservations for 4/26. But you'll need to wait until 2/27 to book your dining for 4/27. You'll be able to book your dining for 60 days out or less. Disney guests have the option to book beyond, as I discussed above. Doing some reservations right at 60 days out can be challenging. If you have your heart set on Chef Mickey's on 4/26, you should be ready to book very early on 2/26 - but also have a Plan B (another date or another restaurant), in case the reservations are not there for you. Does that help?

If you're not staying on Disney property, it means you can make your reservations exactly 60 days out, but nothing beyond the 60 days.

As an example, on 2/26, you can try to book your reservations for 4/26. But you'll need to wait until 2/27 to book your dining for 4/27. You'll be able to book your dining for 60 days out or less. Disney guests have the option to book beyond, as I discussed above. Doing some reservations right at 60 days out can be challenging. If you have your heart set on Chef Mickey's on 4/26, you should be ready to book very early on 2/26 - but also have a Plan B (another date or another restaurant), in case the reservations are not there for you. Does that help?
Yes. I understand. Thank you.

Something I'd recommend, since you're less familiar with it right now. I'd recommend you go out on the Disney World site or app and do a practice run ASAP. Go to book dining, go out 60 days (4/22 now?), and put in some of the restaurants you have targeted and get a feel for availability. Try with a group of 14 (which is very unlikely), and then with a group of 8 and/or a group of 6 - just see how much might be available for you. You're very close to your actual dates, so it should be a good indicator. Good luck - hope you get most/all of what you'd like to reserve!

How difficult is it to get reservations for such a large group? Do they even allow you to reserve for this many people? Also what's this 60+ I keep seeing. I haven't been on this board in years so this is new for me. We are visiting in April for my Mom's 80th. Want to reserve Chef Mickey for 4/26. What's the best strategy?
Has been many many years ago but we did a group of 14 at Chef Mickey. It was 2 ressies but we were seated a group of tables in same area where characters stopped at same time so we could get group pictures plus single pictures

Something I'd recommend, since you're less familiar with it right now. I'd recommend you go out on the Disney World site or app and do a practice run ASAP. Go to book dining, go out 60 days (4/22 now?), and put in some of the restaurants you have targeted and get a feel for availability. Try with a group of 14 (which is very unlikely), and then with a group of 8 and/or a group of 6 - just see how much might be available for you. You're very close to your actual dates, so it should be a good indicator. Good luck - hope you get most/all of what you'd like to reserve!
Yup i've done this and have not been able to get above 8.

Yup i've done this and have not been able to get above 8.
That's honestly what I would have expected. We've had experience with larger family trips, and most places 8 is the upper limit. Some will have larger tables (Boma at AKL comes to mind), but most are set up for tables of 4 or 8. I think you now have the info and some experience - hope the reservations work out well for you and your family!

That's honestly what I would have expected. We've had experience with larger family trips, and most places 8 is the upper limit. Some will have larger tables (Boma at AKL comes to mind), but most are set up for tables of 4 or 8. I think you now have the info and some experience - hope the reservations work out well for you and your family!
We had 13 of us last January and made 2 reservations which may have been a few minutes apart. We just stopped at the podium check-in and explained that we were all together and, after a short wait, they put us all at one long table. It worked great! Have fun!!

We had 13 of us last January and made 2 reservations which may have been a few minutes apart. We just stopped at the podium check-in and explained that we were all together and, after a short wait, they put us all at one long table. It worked great! Have fun!!
I was able to get the reservations this morning. Had my sister sign in and we split it 7/7. Our reservations are 5 minutes apart. It was like securing concerts ticket LOL. I'm happy now.

I was able to get the reservations this morning. Had my sister sign in and we split it 7/7. Our reservations are 5 minutes apart. It was like securing concerts ticket LOL. I'm happy now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter