Group size of 45?

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by Eastridge, May 14, 2019.

1. Eastridge

Eastridge Earning My Ears

So like many people here, I was on hold for hours this morning. One of the announcements during the hold was that ABD takes “groups of up to 45” or something like that.

45? I thought the max group was 40, and they sometimes went over that to accommodate a party. But is 45 the new standard group size?

2. Lulu27

Lulu27 Mouseketeer

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

:guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty: That just might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Sayhello

5. BluesTraveler

BluesTraveler Mouseketeer

Someone on this board had a group size of about that - maybe even 48? To Italy within the past year? I can't remember the specifics. Last check we have 39 on our Greece trip, and that's 9 too many for me. But I don't really blame ABD, they're filling those slots and within hours of releasing them. It definitely works for their business model and their core target market.

sayhello likes this.
  6. vikequeen

vikequeen Mouseketeer

Wow good to know. I’ve only done one but it was undersold. I can’t imagine if we had 45. Would have been unpleasant. We plan on doing more but I’ll be asking about max group size before I book so thx for the heads up.

7. Bobo912

Bobo912 DIS Veteran

We had 44 in Peru 6 years ago and one of the guest's mother had to cancel, so they booked 45 even that long ago. It was too many and had an adverse effect on the experience, IMO.

CaliforniaGirl09 and sayhello like this.
  8. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

I believe 44 has been the official max for a number of years, now creeping up to 45. Ugh! We had 49 on our ABD add-on to our Baltics cruise, and it was NOT GOOD. We have been moving away from ABD to other providers with smaller groups like Nat Geo, Nat Hab and Thomson.

CaliforniaGirl09 and vikequeen like this.
  9. Donalyn

Donalyn DIS Veteran

Not likely this apparent creep in group size. Do you think it is a pre-cursor to a new line of smaller group travel (at even higher prices)?

10. 2-pointdoe

2-pointdoe Mouseketeer

Our Italy trip last year had 41. It seemed okay to me but it was our only ABD so far. We just got back from a trip to South Korea (not disney) that had 27 on it. It didn't seem much different.

11. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

It wouldn't surprise me if they are headed that way. Tauck does it with some of their land itineraries, they offer small group versions at a higher price than the standard.

12. DizMagic

DizMagic DIS Veteran

I thought the hold said max 40, but honestly I was going in and out of consciousness :)

sayhello likes this.
  13. lpm23

lpm23 Mouseketeer

I also heard the 45 during my never ending time on hold. interesting strategy!

14. ophkw

ophkw Mouseketeer

Is there a way to tell how many are booked on your trip?

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 9:01 PM
    sayhello likes this.
  15. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

Yes, after things calm down, you can call ABD & ask. They'll tell you how many, & break down the kids by age & sex if it's not an Adults Only. (I mean you can call before things calm down, too, but I think it'd be easier if you waited. :) )

Sayhello

16. ophkw

ophkw Mouseketeer

Great. Thank you!

17. Sakura1017

Sakura1017 Earning My Ears

I think it depends on what trip you are booking for. For china I think my rep said only 36 spots available.