Group size of 45?

Eastridge

Mouseketeer
So like many people here, I was on hold for hours this morning. One of the announcements during the hold was that ABD takes “groups of up to 45” or something like that.

45? I thought the max group was 40, and they sometimes went over that to accommodate a party. But is 45 the new standard group size?

Someone on this board had a group size of about that - maybe even 48? To Italy within the past year? I can't remember the specifics. Last check we have 39 on our Greece trip, and that's 9 too many for me. But I don't really blame ABD, they're filling those slots and within hours of releasing them. It definitely works for their business model and their core target market.

Wow good to know. I’ve only done one but it was undersold. I can’t imagine if we had 45. Would have been unpleasant. We plan on doing more but I’ll be asking about max group size before I book so thx for the heads up.

I believe 44 has been the official max for a number of years, now creeping up to 45. Ugh! We had 49 on our ABD add-on to our Baltics cruise, and it was NOT GOOD. We have been moving away from ABD to other providers with smaller groups like Nat Geo, Nat Hab and Thomson.

Not likely this apparent creep in group size. Do you think it is a pre-cursor to a new line of smaller group travel (at even higher prices)?

Our Italy trip last year had 41. It seemed okay to me but it was our only ABD so far. We just got back from a trip to South Korea (not disney) that had 27 on it. It didn't seem much different.

Someone on this board had a group size of about that - maybe even 48? To Italy within the past year? I can't remember the specifics. Last check we have 39 on our Greece trip, and that's 9 too many for me. But I don't really blame ABD, they're filling those slots and within hours of releasing them. It definitely works for their business model and their core target market.

Is there a way to tell how many our booked on your trip?
Yes, after things calm down, you can call ABD & ask. They'll tell you how many, & break down the kids by age & sex if it's not an Adults Only. (I mean you can call before things calm down, too, but I think it'd be easier if you waited. :) )

Sayhello

I think it depends on what trip you are booking for. For china I think my rep said only 36 spots available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!