Grown men crying?

I have definitely heard from several grown friends (male and female) that they were close to tears during their light saber ceremony.
I thought I would be a blubbering mess the first time we went, I cry for fireworks and movies and all kinds of dumb stuff. Surprisingly, I was fine. Afterwards, it hit me a little but I was just nervous and excited being there.

I don't know that I'd cry regarding Star Wars, however I have definitely been struck by things in the parks that got me emotional and misty eyed for sure. Actually, my first time back as an adult, the (no longer performed) MK Welcome Show got me - when all the characters showed up on the train! Wishes, Happily Ever After, Rivers of Light, they all stir emotions. I definitely was holding it back when I first entered Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea - it had been a dream trip! Watching Fantasmic! over there, I knew it was different, but I was expecting the same music. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't, until it started to swell into that familiar fanfare - yeah, it got me!

So, hey, go nuts and don't worry one bit about it. Let the wonder take hold and the emotions flow! I love Star Wars too, so I wonder how I might react. I guess I'll find out eventually.

I have definitely heard from several grown friends (male and female) that they were close to tears during their light saber ceremony.
I thought I would be a blubbering mess the first time we went, I cry for fireworks and movies and all kinds of dumb stuff. Surprisingly, I was fine. Afterwards, it hit me a little but I was just nervous and excited being there.
Oh dont get me started about Savis - that was a religious experience and I was just watching my son build it! It was way more an experience (an attraction in itself) than I was expecting. Music .. .narration ... lighting. Just wow.

I don't know that I'd cry regarding Star Wars, however I have definitely been struck by things in the parks that got me emotional and misty eyed for sure. Actually, my first time back as an adult, the (no longer performed) MK Welcome Show got me - when all the characters showed up on the train! Wishes, Happily Ever After, Rivers of Light, they all stir emotions. I definitely was holding it back when I first entered Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea - it had been a dream trip! Watching Fantasmic! over there, I knew it was different, but I was expecting the same music. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't, until it started to swell into that familiar fanfare - yeah, it got me!

So, hey, go nuts and don't worry one bit about it. Let the wonder take hold and the emotions flow! I love Star Wars too, so I wonder how I might react. I guess I'll find out eventually.
Oh, this! I don't know what is was about the MK opening show, but I cried every darned time. In fact, we haven't been to WDW in 5 years and when I called to make our reservation for this upcoming trip and the hold music was "Walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA," suddenly I was crying. It's Pavlovian for me, apparently.

(this all said, I'm a crier. I don't even particularly like Star Wars, but dollars to doughnuts, if I see someone else welling up at SWGE, my own waterworks will start).

We went to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland during the reservation period. We were in the first group of the day-- which means we checked in at 6:00 a.m. and were later walked down to a big gate where we stood until they opened it and walked us into the land. We were in the first 50 people at that gate. There were big grown men around us-- pretty sure there were some wet eyes before that gate even opened! I'm pretty positive that as they walked us to the land and we got our first glimpse of that beautiful empty land with cast members and Chewie all in a row waving to greet us, there were grown men around us crying-- and then they all bolted in 2 different directions to get to Savi's or Oga's (before they started reservations). Galaxy's Edge really is quite spectacular.

I cried like a baby just getting to hug Chewie at the M&G in Launch Bay—I told him I wanted to since I was a 9 year old little girl and he hugged me tighter and then I lost it, lol. I just know I’m gonna need Costco sized packs of Kleenex to get through Galaxy’s Edge when we finally get there in May. Then again I also cry when I see the castle and when the Illuminations music gets too pretty so

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter