Grown men crying?

I absolutely shocked myself by actually sobbing and crying steady tears when seeing and interacting with R2D2 in the droid shop. My family was shocked and I couldn't really explain where the emotion was coming from except that I suddenly felt 7 years old again, playing Star Wars on the school playground and fighting over who got to be Princess Leia.

I’m 45 and went today for the first time. I got misty eyed just walking in the tunnel from Grand Avenue. I held it together until I started to see all the “stuff.” By the time I got to the Falcon I had to just let it go. I was completely awestruck and transported back to my childhood, wishing I could fly with Han and Chewie. Until you see it with your own eyes, you might not understand.

I didn’t cry. But I wanted to. I’ve never been into Harry Potter or avatar. Walking around Harry Potter at universal and around pandora at animal kingdom. I thought to myself “if I had any connection to any of this, I’d be blown away. But eh, it’s nice anyway.”

I’ve wanted to be Princess Leia since I was 3. I grew up on Star Wars, pretended a big swing in my back yard was the millennium falcon. I walked around galaxys edge yesterday wishing I were 10, and this could be a place I visited. It’s incredible. It really lives up to the hype. I have never waited more than an hour for any ride in my life, 120 min posted wait for smugglers run, no problem, just point me to the end of the line. Wandering around the holding area before the ride was almost cooler than the ride itself. I’m so excited about rise of the resistance, and CANNOT wait to take my nephew during EEMH later this month, even though the little traitor is all about the Empire and dark side.

I’m a very casual Star Wars fan but I adore Harry Potter. When I walked onto Diagon Alley the first time I just stood still for a while taking it all in with tears rolling down my cheeks.
I hope GE is as magical of an experience for you as that was for me. If Disney has done their job right I think there will be a lot of grown men crying there. Have a great time!
I feel ya, sister! I got paralyzed when I first saw Hogsmeade and then again when I first saw Diagon Alley. It was a teenage dream come true, how can one hold the tears?
Then again, I used to cry at the MK train welcome show, I cry at MK fireworks, I hold back tears everytime I see the partner´s statue... I feel like crying a lot in WDW lol

I'm heading there this weekend and I know I will tear up! Heck this thread has me tearing up! Stop it guys!! sniffle, sniffle...

Also I was like $200 for a lightsaber, no thank you Savi! Then I saw a video and I had chills and was tearing up... Now I'm trying to talk myself out of getting one!! Darn you Disney, you got me again!! lol

Also I was like $200 for a lightsaber, no thank you Savi! Then I saw a video and I had chills and was tearing up... Now I'm trying to talk myself out of getting one!! Darn you Disney, you got me again!! lol
This... If I hadnt seen a video of it, I may not have kept the reservation I stumbled into.. But after I saw it.. Well, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be $199 lighter... Once I saw how they were made, what they were made out of, etc etc I was pretty much sucked in.. Kind of a double edged lightsaber.. If I hadnt seen the video I very well may not have done it. Now that I've seen the videos, I wont have the surprise factor... But I'll know to have my wife ready to video it for me.

In all honesty here, did not cry but felt like a kid again walking up too and then into GE. My heart was pumping, adrenaline was flowing, I could feel them, maybe the force was with me... :darth:

In awe of it all and the details are crazy good, and Savi's was the best theme park experience I had in my life, VERY personal and such a thrill, I was thinking on why a 55 year old would even consider a toy lightsaber but it hooked me, talked to me, when I walked up to the shop and saw that big blue flag I was so excited. And then during the event and after I still think about it and had my wife video it for me, she did a pretty good job, still the best 28 mins of my time in a theme park and this is no toy (trying to convince myself of that) but a good quality souvenir of my time in Batuu!!.......So no crying but TONS of reminiscing!!

x
In all honesty here, did not cry but felt like a kid again walking up too and then into GE. My heart was pumping, adrenaline was flowing, I could feel them, maybe the force was with me... :darth:

In awe of it all and the details are crazy good, and Savi's was the best theme park experience I had in my life, VERY personal and such a thrill, I was thinking on why a 55 year old would even consider a toy lightsaber but it hooked me, talked to me, when I walked up to the shop and saw that big blue flag I was so excited. And then during the event and after I still think about it and had my wife video it for me, she did a pretty good job, still the best 28 mins of my time in a theme park and this is no toy (trying to convince myself of that) but a good quality souvenir of my time in Batuu!!.......So no crying but TONS of reminiscing!!

That has me so excited ! I can’t wait to get my lightsaber 😍

I'm not a man, but I am grown, and I will probably cry when I get there in December. I'm a major Star Wars fan, and have been since the early 80's. I've read about 30 of the books. I'm not a big fan of the recent movies, but I am a die hard fan, so I won't let a few bad movies turn me away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter