Grown men crying?

I'm 43 years old and when we went to the Chewie meet about 2 years ago, I walked in the room, took one look at him, and promptly burst into tears like a blubbering Beatles fan. He just hugged me and I cried to him about how much I love him.

DH and I also cry in lots of other places at WDW (fireworks, Soarin', Nemo...) so I expect GE to have the same effect.

Oh dont get me started about Savis - that was a religious experience and I was just watching my son build it! It was way more an experience (an attraction in itself) than I was expecting. Music .. .narration ... lighting. Just wow.

I've gotten choked up watching videos of Savi's.

Are there many reports of grown men crying at the opening this morning? I don't want to be the only one next week when I go.
I’m a very casual Star Wars fan but I adore Harry Potter. When I walked onto Diagon Alley the first time I just stood still for a while taking it all in with tears rolling down my cheeks.
I hope GE is as magical of an experience for you as that was for me. If Disney has done their job right I think there will be a lot of grown men crying there. Have a great time!

I've gotten choked up watching videos of Savi's.
I avoided videos of that experience and I am glad I did. I almost didn't get a lightsaber because I didn't want my wife and daughter to miss out on the experience (and I wasn't about to buy 2) .. but my wife .. bless her .. said "We're here .. just do it!". I almost cried from that!

I let her go build the droid with my 2 year old daughter ...

Kind of a weird post...

There is much "worse" on the Dis. Or more weird I should say. So tired of seeing Lula-Roe-Sittin'-On-My-Front-Porch-In-My-Country-Girl-Sounding-Like-Honey BooBoo's-Sister-Named-One-Size-Fits-All-Pants posts. Not even sure why the mods allow those on the theme parks forum when it has nothing to do with theme parks?? I would rather talk about grown men crying at Batuu. :crazy::rotfl2:

Last edited:
Are there many reports of grown men crying at the opening this morning? I don't want to be the only one next week when I go.

I am in a SWGE Facebook group. Yes, there were grown men crying. They were quite overwhelmed to see their childhood realized. Dont worry about it. And after more than 20 visits, my wife still cries when she sees a performance at the castle stage. It happens. :)

Last edited:
I cried the first time I saw the Falcon, then when my droid creation came to life.
Then I got sad when I had to leave Batuu after being there for 16 hours and then
got tears of joy knowing that i can now live my sw story and go back to Batuu everyday if I want to
For context, I also cry at Thanksgiving and Christmas publix commercials

The main street welcome with the trolley and the singers and dancers.. When they would do the part where "It's magic, wrapped up in pixie dust, welcome to a place where dreams come true"... Would always get me.. Do they still do that by chance? Last times I was there it was something different...

The main street welcome with the trolley and the singers and dancers.. When they would do the part where "It's magic, wrapped up in pixie dust, welcome to a place where dreams come true"... Would always get me.. Do they still do that by chance? Last times I was there it was something different...
The trolley show is still there but they don't sing that line. That line was from the Train Station welcome show, which they don't do anymore

I will cry. Not like I did when I walked into Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, Kings Cross, Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley, but yes I will cry.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter