Grrr - credit card vent

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I applied for and was accepted for the Starwood Preferred Guest AMEX card. I was very happy about this - those Starwood points come in handy for stays at the S/D!

Anyhow, the closing date on my statement is shown as the 15th of the month. That's great, but my income is now set up as such that I only get paid once per month, on the 1st (I am a part time nanny, and I recently got a raise. When the raise came, a change in my pay also came - I used to get paid weekly, now I'm paid monthly). Anyhow, because I'm now paid on the 1st of the month, it would be a lot easier if I could pay my bills around that time while I have the cash available. All of my other bills come in between the 1st-5th of the month, so that works out well.

So I called AMEX this morning and asked if I could have my billing cycle changed. Not a problem, the AMEX agent tells me. However, in order to do so, the card I currently am holding has to be cancelled and they'll reissue me a new one. Okay, I can deal with that. How long will it take for the new card to be issued? 5-7 business days. Normally, I can deal with that, but there's one problem: I made last minute plans to go to WDW next Friday (a week from tomorrow), and 5-7 days is cutting it close for that trip!

So I told the AMEX agent that I'm headed on vacation next week, and could they either keep my current card active until I come home then transfer balances to the new card, or get the new card here quicker than that? Unfortunately no. If I din't have the card by Tuesday, I am to call AMEX back and they will send me the new card overnight. I hope this all works out!

Grrr! Okay, vent over. :)

That happened to me before and my card company did as they said and I got my card the very next day by Fed Ex....hope yours works out the same way...have a great time in WDW!

Thanks, hulabird! I just don't understand why AMEX had to cancel my current card and reissue me a new one if I was just changing the closing date on my billing cycle?

Debi - random thought here.....instead of messing around and changing your billing dates and getting cards reissued etc. -- why not just **save** the money you get on payday and toss it right into your checking/savings account, so it's there when your AMEX bill comes in.

Just my 2 cents.....and it would be a lot less red tape for you

Going to WDW again next week? Hmm...I thought you were trying to save your money while trying to find a full-time job????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-Joe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter