GTNP in the fall...

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
Hello! Our family of four went to YNP and GTNP last summer and had a great time! I'd like to surprise my DH with a 20th anniversary trip to GTNP next fall over a long weekend. We've been out west to the Rockies many times but have never seen it in the fall; we'd love to see some bull moose, too. (only saw young ones last year).

Anyway... I no there isn't an exact date, but can anyone suggest a good time to go to catch the fall colors (I know it doesn't last long!) and/or lots of wildlife? Columbus day would be perfect for us (we both work in the schools), but I bet that's way too late and snow will be flying. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks! :)

From what I remember from years ago ... it was best to visit Jackson and the Tetons for aspens the last 2 weeks in September... but not too sure. Here's the chamber website, maybe call them... www.jacksonholechamber.com

I think mid Oct will be a bit late, but still would be an interesting time to visit.

I wish I could help more ... visit www.nps.gov/grte for Teton info

Bumping for more suggestions. I think our two options would be Labor Day or Columbus day weekend. which would be better for fall colors and/or viewing wildlife.... I don't mind a little snow, as long as we can fly in/out of Jackson. I just don't know when to go....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter