Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

It seems they've had a LOT of discounted rates of late, which is interesting. Not sure I know the reason. But to be able to book a FL resident discounted rate 3.5 months in advance was pretty amazing IMO. :yay:

I agree. Seems there have been alot and much further in advance. I booked a Dec VGT in July and I see one listed now for April 2019!

Booked VGT on the Magic.
Got assigned05C, room 6608.
Looks like a great room but reviews have me nervous saying that it is right above the theater and pretty noisy during movies.

So I know that they "can" not assign cabins until you arrive at the port, how often does that happen?

I've always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise, but found it always too expensive for solo. Now I have found an affordable cruise on the Magic but it is IGT. As I have never cruised before I don't know yet if I have a preference for a deck or certain cabin.

Good decision?

The only other catch with IGT is that it's non refundable/non changeable. With not being able to select a room yourself, those two things are the only differences?.

I've always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise, but found it always too expensive for solo. Now I have found an affordable cruise on the Magic but it is IGT. As I have never cruised before I don't know yet if I have a preference for a deck or certain cabin.

Good decision?

The only other catch with IGT is that it's non refundable/non changeable. With not being able to select a room yourself, those two things are the only differences?.
Yep, you've got it. We go on our 2nd *GT sailing in less than 2 weeks. If you can snag one with dates that work, they can be a great deal over the prevailing rate. We have 2 rooms, and saved a total of $4k.

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11A 9087
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's a great location. It is a 4 night cruise and we wanted to try an inside for the virtual porthole. Love the location! I don't feel it was a 'leftover'. Was hoping for a split bathroom, but again, we don't care much for this cruise. Price was good, only 4 nights! Don't plan on being in there much!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 11am EST is my best guess. I woke up at 8am (PST) and it was there!
9. What month is your cruise? December

Other question, how do you find out about your room assignment? Do you get an e-mail or do you just see it in your online reservation?

Is it possible to ask for and get a stateroom change if you booked GTY and they assigned your stateroom already? I can see staterooms still available same category that we would rather have. Just wondering if it was worth a try.
Thanks!

Is it possible to ask for and get a stateroom change if you booked GTY and they assigned your stateroom already? I can see staterooms still available same category that we would rather have. Just wondering if it was worth a try.
Thanks!

You can change a GTY (specific category room ... if you booked a GTY 5A and see another 5A room, it can be switched.). If you book a GTY (VGT/OGT/IGT with restrictions) no changes is listed as part of the restrictions

Is
You can change a GTY (specific category room ... if you booked a GTY 5A and see another 5A room, it can be switched.). If you book a GTY (VGT/OGT/IGT with restrictions) no changes is listed as part of the restrictions
I was told this wasn't the case i booked GTY as at the time that was all that was available, however 2 days later they opened back up staterooms to choose again,
We have a son with Autism and have booked a 4D cat deluxe, family room with verandah, and I'm really worried we will now and up under deck 10, which my son won't cope with at all if you can hear deck chairs being scraped at night and early morning.

#1 what category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10512
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, very happy! We love deck 10 starboard... close to adult pool and spa. We've stayed in rooms nearby and loved them. Very quiet.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 11am ET.
9. What month is your cruise? April

Just booked a VGT last minute on the Fantasy as the price seemed very reasonable for a 7-night cruise. Only problem I ran into was that I didn't realize because it's restricted that you are not eligible for your shipboard credit so that's a bummer. They carried the $250 deposit over but I feel like I wasted a placeholder reservation as I lost out on the OBC & 10%.

I've gone the guaranteed route w/restrictions once before and we did ok and managed to get deck 10 on the Dream. I did not mind the overhang. I believe we found out our stateroom number 8 days out so I'll be logging in daily to see if I get the assignment.

Just booked a VGT last minute on the Fantasy as the price seemed very reasonable for a 7-night cruise. Only problem I ran into was that I didn't realize because it's restricted that you are not eligible for your shipboard credit so that's a bummer. They carried the $250 deposit over but I feel like I wasted a placeholder reservation as I lost out on the OBC & 10%.

I've gone the guaranteed route w/restrictions once before and we did ok and managed to get deck 10 on the Dream. I did not mind the overhang. I believe we found out our stateroom number 8 days out so I'll be logging in daily to see if I get the assignment.

Yes, no placeholder perk, but if you had used a TA like Dreams Unlimited you could’ve gotten an OBC.

Does anyone know what Travel Agent rates are officially considered? I have not ever booked one before. In my account it says GTY 7A however, when I asked the DCL cast member he said it is really a guaranteed "view" so made it sound like a VGT. Assuming the worst at a 7A on the Magic but no idea if it will be in the 45ish day category or the 10ish day assignment category. Anyone have experience to share?

Does anyone know what Travel Agent rates are officially considered? I have not ever booked one before. In my account it says GTY 7A however, when I asked the DCL cast member he said it is really a guaranteed "view" so made it sound like a VGT. Assuming the worst at a 7A on the Magic but no idea if it will be in the 45ish day category or the 10ish day assignment category. Anyone have experience to share?

If your reservation says 7A GTY, the parameters are the same essentially - you could be assigned any verandah cabin (since 7A is the lowest category verandah). BUT a category GTY like you have is not at a discounted rate and is also not subject to the no changes or cancellations that a VGT would be.

I use Dreams Unlimited and have always been happy with them. They are the sponsored travel company for the disboards.

I use Dreams Unlimited and have always been happy with them. They are the sponsored travel company for the disboards.
I'm going to have to use them next time. I had no idea they could apply your OBC even though you have a restricted/guaranteed cabin. I lost out on $200 which is a bummer.

I'm going to have to use them next time. I had no idea they could apply your OBC even though you have a restricted/guaranteed cabin. I lost out on $200 which is a bummer.

No they apply their own obc. So if you book a restricted fare it’s $50 obc per $1000 of your fare. My 4 night next week is an OGT that cost $2000. I get $100 obc from the TA. However if you book using a placeholder on a regular fare, you get the placeholder obc which is $200 for a 7 night, or $100 for a shorter cruise, you also get an additional obc from Dreams Unlimited but it’s 50% less since it’s a already booked fare. So you get $25 per $1000. So for a 7 night that cost $4000 that you used a placeholder, you’ll get $200 (placeholder obc) and $100 (TA).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!