Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

Booked VGT with Restrictions on the Wonder on February 8 for sailing March 2. No category was provided.
Received cabin assignment 2/17. Category 5B and Cabin 7102
Happy with the cabin and location!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A Deck 9 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?"Great cabin near aft elevators
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 9:30AM
9. What month is your cruise? Feb '20

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the risk for an OGT. What have people's experiences been with doing OGT? I'm wondering if it would be worth it since there's so many categories I could be in. I'm stuck between OGT and IGT.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the risk for an OGT. What have people's experiences been with doing OGT? I'm wondering if it would be worth it since there's so many categories I could be in. I'm stuck between OGT and IGT.

Same. We decided to go for the OGT, thinking “at least we're going to see the ocean, and we can always try to upgrade to a Verandah if we really really really don't like the stateroom”.

2. What category and room # did you get? 6B Deck 5 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Not sure. It is all the way in the back so kinda worried about the engine noise, but the verandah looks very spacious that I might actually spend some time on it.
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 10:30 AM
9. What month is your cruise? Mar'20

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A, deck 10 all the way forward
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Not sure. Very glad it isn't a navigator's veranda but was hoping for one of the family balcony cabins (2A + 2 teens); concerned by reports of early morning noise from fitness center directly above.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 12:30 pm
9. What month is your cruise? Mar 2020

Other observations from FB group... Guests with connecting cabins received their assignments one day before. We booked 6 months in advance and received our assignment at the same time as another party of 4 who booked 2 weeks ago, but they got a quiet 4A. :confused3 Several family verandas still available, so we may try to upgrade to quieter location at port.

Eta- We did upgrade at the port but it cost a lot. 5A to 4D was $602. They wanted almost $900 for 5A to 4A. There were lots of rooms available in every category except concierge, but that didn't seem to affect cost in any way. We were very grateful we moved. We had 3 days of 14ft seas with 40knot winds. Lots of rolling and swaying, and deck 11 all the way fwd would have been much worse. Definitely felt the engine vibration on deck 6 mid/aft though. Extra space was worth it!

Last edited:

When booking an IGT/OGT/
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Deck 6.
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I am happy as we didn't want to be on Deck 1 or 2. We still may try to upgrade at port to a Varanda.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We booked one room only.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 12 PST
9. What month is your cruise? Jan 2020
Were you able to upgrade at the port? What was the price differential? Thanks!

They have already released guaranteed rates for my cruise in July. We don't have paid in full until 3/20. I thought they usually waited until after PIF. I am tempted, since I could save $2000 on a verandah. However, I have a 5A deck 9 aft booked now, I suspect I would end up with an undersized verandah. Looking at what cheap verandahs are available on my sailing, that seems to be what's left. What do you guys think about this? Is it normal to release them before PIF?

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 4a, had ocean view assigned cabin booked a year out and after paid in full I called to see if I could switch to a verandah because of the possibility of quarantine because of the virus. They said they could gty a 4a cabin but weren’t assigning them until closer to sailing. I paid $950 for the switch the same cost as if I booked a verandah from the beginning.
2. What category and room # did you get? V
Concierge with the bump out verandah
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 36 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We are ecstatic about being complementary upgraded to concierge!! :dogdance: Received an email about the upgrade from the concierge land team asking me to call and confirm.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday- the day cancellations were allowed without penalty due to Coronavirus fears.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1:45 pm
9. What month is your cruise? April 2020

We are still in shock about this amazing upgrade as the price difference is huge for this spring break sailing. We are DVC with a ton of home resorts and this will be our 9th Disney cruise so maybe this helped with the pixie dust.

***sadly due to coronavirus we will not be sailing

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A Deck 10 Fwd
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy with the room. Upgrade from 7A guarantee.
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 9:00AM
9. What month is your cruise? May '20

I'm booked on the May 30th Fantasy. Just hope the cruise doesn't get cancelled. I've been on the other 3 ships but first time for the Fantasy. Excited to finally try out the Fantasy.

We VGT last August a week before the sailing date. We might have lucked out and got the Deck and Stateroom we would have booked if we booked normally.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 4a, had ocean view assigned cabin booked a year out and after paid in full I called to see if I could switch to a verandah because of the possibility of quarantine because of the virus. They said they could gty a 4a cabin but weren’t assigning them until closer to sailing. I paid $950 for the switch the same cost as if I booked a verandah from the beginning.
2. What category and room # did you get? V
Concierge with the bump out verandah
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 36 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We are ecstatic about being complementary upgraded to concierge!! :dogdance: Received an email about the upgrade from the concierge land team asking me to call and confirm.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday- the day cancellations were allowed without penalty due to Coronavirus fears.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1:45 pm
9. What month is your cruise? April 2020

We are still in shock about this amazing upgrade as the price difference is huge for this spring break sailing. We are DVC with a ton of home resorts and this will be our 9th Disney cruise so maybe this helped with the pixie dust.

***sadly due to coronavirus we will not be sailing
That is awful. Sorry to hear that. But suprised you were able to get the upgrade to concierge. Hopefully some luck comes with your next booking.

2. What category and room # did you get? 4D Deck 6 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy with our cabin assignment. We don't mind the lower decks and are on the side of Castaway Cay and the fireworks and we usually stay aft anyways. In addition, got an upgrade to a slightly bigger cabin.
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime after noon
9. What month is your cruise? August 30, 2021

2. What category and room # did you get? 4C Deck 7 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 20 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy with our room. Aft but close to Mid, not near the elevators, no restricted balcony view, and a larger room!
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown
9. What month is your cruise? September 6, 2021

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT x2
2. What category and room # did you get? 5E - 9174/9176
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Totally happy, they are the rooms I really wanted.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Don't know
9. What month is your cruise? September 2021

2. What category and room # did you get? 7630 - 4C Deck 7, Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 Days (one day after I booked)
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy. Perfect deck, large cabin, Castaway side. Couldn’t have picked it better myself and I saved $500
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime after midnight Monday and Tuesday at 9am
9. What month is your cruise? August 30, 2021

2. What category and room # did you get? 9110 (4A Midship Deluxe Family Verandah)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 3 Days (day and a half after booking)
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Saved around $500 and got the nicest category possible… no complaints!
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday (booked late Monday)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early morning
9. What month is your cruise? August 20, 2021

Sorry if the answer is here somplace, but I am completely confused.
I want to book cabin 9072 (05A) mid-ship on the Wish in June 2022. The Disney site said it is a Guaranteed space but they will assign the cabin. I have to stay mid-ship because Grandma has motion sickness concerns. Does Disney stay in the mid-ship area when they assign the cabin or could I end of front or back of the ship?

Can we cancel if we are not assigned mid_ship?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter