Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5d
#2. What category and room number did you get? 5a Room 9526
#3. How many days before your cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? I am extremely happy with the room we were assigned.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?Afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? September

Booked a Florida resident room cat 7 a gty, within 3 days a we had a 7 a room confirmed... no upgrade. But great anyway! We’ re going on another unexpected cruise!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11A
#2. What category and room number did you get? 11A 6045
#3. How many days before your cruise were you assigned your room? 57
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? Super Happy. I love this location and we really enjoyed 6555 last time, and this one isn't too far.
#6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday

Several of the cruisers on my sailing posted theirs was posted today. It was after lunch time but before 3pm (because i kept checking!)

Booked on the Fantasy last week for a cruise that leaves next week! Booked a VGT, no idea of my category since it doesn't say it anywhere in my reservations, weird huh? I think it was a 5D though.

Assigned today

Category:
04A
Deck: 9

Was fully expecting Deck 10 (blah), so am super happy now!

Booked on the Fantasy last week for a cruise that leaves next week! Booked a VGT, no idea of my category since it doesn't say it anywhere in my reservations, weird huh? I think it was a 5D though.

Assigned today

Category:
04A
Deck: 9

Was fully expecting Deck 10 (blah), so am super happy now!

Great upgrade. Normally a VGT does not have a category tied to it. You are just guaranteed a veranda. A GTY will have a category tied to that. You did great!

Great upgrade. Normally a VGT does not have a category tied to it. You are just guaranteed a veranda. A GTY will have a category tied to that. You did great!

It definitely did have a category though! I made sure I read that part before I booked, and I knew it was a 5, but not sure on the letter! I didn't want to end up with a Navigator Verandah room, so that I why I made sure it had a category!

I just checked the current rate for a cat 4 on our cruise, and it's about $8,000 right now, so I think I did good also since we paid about $2,500 less than that for the three of us!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8B
#2. What category and room number did you get? 8B 9000
#3. How many days before your cruise were you assigned your room? 41
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? Exact category I booked, but hoped for an upgrade
#6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 05E
#2. What category and room number did you get? 04A 9608
#3. How many days before your cruise were you assigned your room? 50
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? Would have preferred an Extended Verandah. But Happy with assignment. Glad not deck 10.
#5. booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned?Thursday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? No idea

I have a IGT for the Wonder in November. It will be my first Disney cruise. I am a little nervous about where I will end up. I hope the cruise is all that my sister has made it out to be. Two adults and 0 kids. :)

I have a IGT for the Wonder in November. It will be my first Disney cruise. I am a little nervous about where I will end up. I hope the cruise is all that my sister has made it out to be. Two adults and 0 kids. :)

Welcome to the Disboards, Kennaw76! Your cruise isn't that far off! :thumbsup2 I think you will love your cruise! My DH and I love, love DCL! As do our young adult children. Happy planning! pixiedust:

I booked a very last minute VGT:
Ship: Dream
Cruise Dates: September 3-7, 2018
Length/Destination/Port: 4 Night Bahamian Cruise out of Port Canaveral
Price: $1,832/2 Adults
Booked: August 24th, 2018- Friday
Assigned Room: August 28, 2018- Tuesday (unsure of time)
Room Number: 10100
Category: 4A/B?

Can anyone tell me how we know when they’ve updated the Florida res rates weekly? They used to put a date on them but since they’ve changed the format, I can figure it out. Does anyone see a date change on it? It used to say “these discounts are good through xx/xx date.

Can anyone tell me how we know when they’ve updated the Florida res rates weekly? They used to put a date on them but since they’ve changed the format, I can figure it out. Does anyone see a date change on it? It used to say “these discounts are good through xx/xx date.

Hey DCLCrazy, are you talking about DCL's website? Or the list of discounts that comes out here on the DCL forums pretty often?

Their website. Sorry, I didn’t make that clear. :thanks:

K, thanks for clarifying! And I'm not sure I know the answer to that. I'm also a FL resident and the cruise we just booked for early Sept (booked in late May on a FL res. rate) is the very first FL resident discounted cruise I've ever booked.

I do not recall there ever being a "good until (date)" posted as they clearly state each of those rates is good for up to 50 cabins. Plus they generally reserve the right to change rates at any time.

Over the years it seems that DCL changes rates frequently. I know the CM rates officially come out on Thursday on the Disney intranet, but when I worked for the company, those rates/availability could and would change a LOT more often than just weekly. You might call about the FL rates and ask, but if it was me, I would keep stalking the site as the rates change pretty often in my experience.

It seems they've had a LOT of discounted rates of late, which is interesting. Not sure I know the reason. But to be able to book a FL resident discounted rate 3.5 months in advance was pretty amazing IMO. :yay: I'm referring to the Fl resident Gtd Cat 5C rate for the Fantasy. I thought it was a VERY good rate for 2 people for under $3000 for at least a 5C stateroom. I don't think my answers are what you were hoping for, but it's all I know. :cutie:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!