Guardian Angels

OklahomaTourist

Mouseketeer
Once in a while we need a reminder that there really are guardian angels watching over us, as was evidenced for us during the next-to-last day in our stay at WDW last week.

We were essentially cleaning up our "things to do list," with our son wanting to ride Splash Mountain. Having been in MK most of the day, we were getting a bit weary, but realizing we probably wouldn't get back there, we headed our way fairly late in the evening - around 9ish. The wait time at SM was 90 minutes. So my DS hopped in line, and the rest of us plopped a spot at the landing area.

We waited, and had a nice visit with a family from North Carolina, enjoyed the Wishes fireworks from a totally new angle, and after the 95 or so minutes passed, out came my DS who was very disappointed that he didn't get MORE wet :). And as our crew made its way to the exit, my wife shrieked - "Oh, no, MY WALLET IS GONE!"

Just about one of the worst nightmares you can think of - a wallet full of credit cards, cash, driver's license, the works, had disappeared. We went back to the SM landing area and looked where we were waiting - nothing. And I started going through my head about how we'd have to start making calls, cancelling cards, and the incredible hassle that probably lay ahead.

We head over to a gift shop directly across from SM on the off chance someone might have turned it in there. No luck; however, the CM there said that any wallet found by Disney personnel in MK would be forwarded to City Hall, so I put the DS in charge of the rest of the crew (wife, daughter, mom) while I did my best impersonation of a sprint through the crowds down Main Street and to City Hall.

And when I get there, I wait in a line for what seems like an eternity for a CM. By the time I get to the desk, my crew has caught up with me. I tell the CM we've lost a wallet, and my wife chimes in with the description. The CM disappears for a few seconds, and comes out with a small cellophane bag WITH MY WIFE'S WALLET IN IT, marked with a tag saying "found at Splash Mountain."

And everything in it was exactly where it was supposed to be - cash, cards, driver's license, the works. Not so much as a dollar missing.

I thanked God right then and there for the honest person that found the wallet and turned it in, and for the incredibly efficient system in place that got the turned-in wallet to City Hall so quickly.

I don't know who it was that found the wallet, but I hope God blesses you richly for your honesty. It preserved a vacation that could easily otherwise have turned into a troublesome nightmare.

Whomever you are, thanks again!

What a great story! I love seeing these on the Dis. Sure, there are dishonest folks at WDW, but I feel like I see so many more "they found my wallet/camera/purse" or "I found this camera and spent the day looking for the family whose pictures were on it to tell them it was at guest relations" than stories of "this thief stole my stuff"

So glad your story had a happy ending.

Once in a while we need a reminder that there really are guardian angels watching over us, as was evidenced for us during the next-to-last day in our stay at WDW last week.

We were essentially cleaning up our "things to do list," with our son wanting to ride Splash Mountain. Having been in MK most of the day, we were getting a bit weary, but realizing we probably wouldn't get back there, we headed our way fairly late in the evening - around 9ish. The wait time at SM was 90 minutes. So my DS hopped in line, and the rest of us plopped a spot at the landing area.

We waited, and had a nice visit with a family from North Carolina, enjoyed the Wishes fireworks from a totally new angle, and after the 95 or so minutes passed, out came my DS who was very disappointed that he didn't get MORE wet :). And as our crew made its way to the exit, my wife shrieked - "Oh, no, MY WALLET IS GONE!"

Just about one of the worst nightmares you can think of - a wallet full of credit cards, cash, driver's license, the works, had disappeared. We went back to the SM landing area and looked where we were waiting - nothing. And I started going through my head about how we'd have to start making calls, cancelling cards, and the incredible hassle that probably lay ahead.

We head over to a gift shop directly across from SM on the off chance someone might have turned it in there. No luck; however, the CM there said that any wallet found by Disney personnel in MK would be forwarded to City Hall, so I put the DS in charge of the rest of the crew (wife, daughter, mom) while I did my best impersonation of a sprint through the crowds down Main Street and to City Hall.

And when I get there, I wait in a line for what seems like an eternity for a CM. By the time I get to the desk, my crew has caught up with me. I tell the CM we've lost a wallet, and my wife chimes in with the description. The CM disappears for a few seconds, and comes out with a small cellophane bag WITH MY WIFE'S WALLET IN IT, marked with a tag saying "found at Splash Mountain."

And everything in it was exactly where it was supposed to be - cash, cards, driver's license, the works. Not so much as a dollar missing.

I thanked God right then and there for the honest person that found the wallet and turned it in, and for the incredibly efficient system in place that got the turned-in wallet to City Hall so quickly.

I don't know who it was that found the wallet, but I hope God blesses you richly for your honesty. It preserved a vacation that could easily otherwise have turned into a troublesome nightmare.

Whomever you are, thanks again!
I don't know if that's proof positive that guardian angels are watching over us, but it IS proof positive that there's a lot of good left in the world, for those who may think there isn't. :goodvibes

Proof of guardian angels is that you managed to make it through the end-of-night exiting crowds to Town Square without a scratch! :rotfl::rotfl2:

So glad you had a "happily ever after".

:earsboy:

Just shows that there are good and honest mortals out there :)

I admit that when I started reading this thread I thought it was going to be a story about an accident on Splash. Glad it wasn't!

My wife left her wallet one time in the shopping cart at Wal Mart. Drove all the way home (about 10 miles), then all the way back to see if anyone turned it in.

After standing in the customer service line for a while, sure enough, someone had....just like you said, with everything in it.

She asked if it was an employee and the person behind the counter said it was and pointed him out to her. My wife tried to give him the $35 she had in her wallet as a thanks, but he declined. My wife offered to buy him a gift card at wal mart, he declined. No matter what she offered he declined.

She came home and donated the equivalent of the cash she had in her purse to a local charity. To this day, we see him at Wal Mart and he doesn't remember my wife, or know who I am, but we know who he is. We have written the store manager and corporate to commend him, but nonetheless, he still still there working shopping carts in the parking lot.

We were having dinner at The Brown Derby and we noticed a young teen find a wad of cash on the floor near us. It was a straight up bundle of cash with probably at least 20 bills clumped together. He picked it up, showed it to his mom, then turned it over to a server. I was impressed by his honesty and integrity.

Not sure how Disney would go about identifying the rightful owner, but I guess if somebody came up claiming to have lost a wad of cash in BD it would probably be them.

Nice to hear that there are some lovely people out there.
We have had similar experience with left and misplaced items :goodvibes

We were having dinner at The Brown Derby and we noticed a young teen find a wad of cash on the floor near us. It was a straight up bundle of cash with probably at least 20 bills clumped together. He picked it up, showed it to his mom, then turned it over to a server. I was impressed by his honesty and integrity.

Not sure how Disney would go about identifying the rightful owner, but I guess if somebody came up claiming to have lost a wad of cash in BD it would probably be them.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if you take it to guest services and it's cash then they wait like 24 but if it isn't claimed then you get it back! Which would be a lovely reward of honesty especially seeing as people automatically assume cash is gone forever...I know I do! If I don't check to get it back I'd rather the honest person who found it get it than for it to have been stolen!!

I LOVE THAT!!!!!! I do believe in the goodness of ppl. Last month at DHS I went thru my backpack & realized I lost my iPhone! This was our 1st WDW trip & I had over 200 photos. I went numb. We retraced our steps & nothing. It was me & my 3 boys. Finally we went to guest services & waited in that lonnnnng line. I was shaking. I explained my phone to the CM & my heart dropped when he came out empty handed. He then asked me to describe my screen saver. He disappeared again and came back!!!!! He said an unnamed guest returned it. I kid you not I cried, right there!! I walked out of guest services crying like a 2 yr old.. Even though it had been found and returned. I didn't care about the iPhone it was those photos!
I believe that whoever found my phone was rewarded w/pixie dust in some sort of way. :)

So nice to hear something happy! There really are honest people in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter