Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratatouille is absolutely not going to open this weekend. There’s no way they open this ride without making a big deal out of it, and I dont know that they can make a big deal of it when things are the way they are.
I hope by Oct. 10th! Website said fall though so more likely Thanksgiving or Christmas vacation weeks.

I hope by Oct. 10th! Website said fall though so more likely Thanksgiving or Christmas vacation weeks.

I would love for a surprise October opening, or sort openings while I’m down there, but it just seems highly, highly unlikely. I just dont see it opening until Disney is ready, and not necessarily when the ride is ready. Now if it’s done in October and Disney has a change of heart and decides they want to open it up, then they may very well do that. I just wouldn’t get any hopes up for that to happen. In my head, I’m not riding it until next June or October, and I’m going next month and (possibly) March prior to those 2 trips.

I have a feeling, even if it's ready to go, they won't bother opening it until next Spring or when things get back to normal. I can't see them opening it with no fanfare and just saying, "Hey, here's something else to do."

I would love for a surprise October opening, or sort openings while I’m down there, but it just seems highly, highly unlikely. I just dont see it opening until Disney is ready, and not necessarily when the ride is ready. Now if it’s done in October and Disney has a change of heart and decides they want to open it up, then they may very well do that. I just wouldn’t get any hopes up for that to happen. In my head, I’m not riding it until next June or October, and I’m going next month and (possibly) March prior to those 2 trips.

If it's not open by April 28th I will be MAD. Not that it would matter... :D

Luckily we still have a zillion new things we haven't seen:
Galaxy's Edge
Railway
Toy Story Land
Frozen (didn't get on it even though open last trip)

Apparently Ratatouille Epcot is completed BUT there is debate within the powers at Disney Parks whether it should open at this time due to COVID. The ride includes "scents and smells" devices that some fear may spread COVID. It will require a virtual pass to ride it, much like ROR at HS, with similar distribution times. I cannot verify source, who provided this info, at this time.

I find that hard to believe. Did they close the ride in Paris DL?
And replying to my own post, I wonder if they closed rides or stopped using "sents and smells" on any of the other attractions at WDW.

The Ratatouille ride was originally planned to open this past summer but obviously got delayed, but I've seen some reports that it's almost done if not pretty much complete. So I ask WDW when will it open? I've heard that WDW may just delay the opening to 2021 which I think is a huge mistake. Right now EPCOT is pretty much only busy on the weekends, which is why is seems half the places are only open on the weekends. Well Guests aren't stupid, if so many places are closed during the week then they will go to the other 3 parks instead. I'm of the belief that opening Ratatouille ASAP would be a domino effect in a good way.

A) We get a brand new, top notch technological attraction at WDW
B) Being that it's in EPCOT that should drive more crowd traffic to EPCOT which MIGHT lessen the crowds at the other parks during the week
C) With more guests at EPCOT during the week then more eateries could be open during the week, thus enticing MORE people to visit EPCOT during a "quiet" weekday
D) More things open means more CM jobs are filled

To me it's a no brainer Win/Win/Win/Win to do this sooner rather than later. And to be honest, if they would turn PH back on this also would drive more traffic to EPCOT as well, especially helping DHS due to the simple proximity between the two parks.

Decisions don't have to be complicated to make sense and work. Come on Disney, let's GO!!!!!

Well then I guess I am stupid. I intend to go to Epcot and enjoy what they do have open. We are looking forward to taking a slow day around Epcot. When new attractions open, if I get to see them great. If not, I still has a great time.

Well then I guess I am stupid. I intend to go to Epcot and enjoy what they do have open. We are looking forward to taking a slow day around Epcot. When new attractions open, if I get to see them great. If not, I still has a great time.

LOL!!! For our trip we only have one day at EPCOT and it's on a Tuesday so we're in the same slow boat. I was just speculating how I think just opening one attraction might have a positive impact downstream in multiple ways.

The Ratatouille ride was originally planned to open this past summer but obviously got delayed, but I've seen some reports that it's almost done if not pretty much complete. So I ask WDW when will it open? I've heard that WDW may just delay the opening to 2021 which I think is a huge mistake. Right now EPCOT is pretty much only busy on the weekends, which is why is seems half the places are only open on the weekends. Well Guests aren't stupid, if so many places are closed during the week then they will go to the other 3 parks instead. I'm of the belief that opening Ratatouille ASAP would be a domino effect in a good way.

A) We get a brand new, top notch technological attraction at WDW
B) Being that it's in EPCOT that should drive more crowd traffic to EPCOT which MIGHT lessen the crowds at the other parks during the week
C) With more guests at EPCOT during the week then more eateries could be open during the week, thus enticing MORE people to visit EPCOT during a "quiet" weekday
D) More things open means more CM jobs are filled

To me it's a no brainer Win/Win/Win/Win to do this sooner rather than later. And to be honest, if they would turn PH back on this also would drive more traffic to EPCOT as well, especially helping DHS due to the simple proximity between the two parks.

Decisions don't have to be complicated to make sense and work. Come on Disney, let's GO!!!!!
I really wish they'd open too, however I think they're just in money saving mode right now; so I doubt we'll see it anytime soon. Even if it's done; it still costs money to operate and I just don't see them feeling that it's worth it for them unfortunately.

It should be ready to open pretty soon. But I've seen rumors that the opening date may largely be a business decision:
Open in time for 2020 holidays as an Epcot draw.... or wait until Spring/Summer 2021, as part of a "time to come back" draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter