Guesses on Halloween Horror Nights 2020 dates?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Starting to prepare for booking our flights from the UK next month, for next October’s trip.
Based on this year’s dates and how next year falls, would you assume the final night of HHN would be Saturday 31st October?

Still waaaay too early to tell since this year's event is still going on.

Having said that, given that it's an anniversary year, you could probably gamble that it would bleed into the next weekend.

Are you looking to book 10/31 as the first or last part of your trip?

If you plan on going on Halloween on a Saturday, I would budget for a express pass. Weekends are super crowded and then through in the holiday for super crowd levels. You might get a HHN on Sun November 1. Not sure if they would extend it into the week after Halloween.

Thanks for the replies - we might not be able to arrive until 1st November, but will try and come a night earlier if it’s our only option... trouble is we need to get our flights booked in next month / early December...

I was wondering when it will start next year, like Madduck. This year it started on the first Friday of September but in 2020 the first Friday in September will be at the start of Labour Day weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed but I'm sure it would be insanely busy if that was the case.

I would assume it would start on the same day/week and end on the same day/week as this year. They might add more days at the beginning, end, and/or in the middle, though. I don't know attendance numbers for this year, but it seemed at least as busy (probably more busy) the days we went this year (early-mid October). Also, given it will be an anniversary year (30th!), they might be more inclined to add a few days. I wouldn't count on it this early, but I wouldn't be surprised if they add a few more days.

It is officially announced Sept 10-Oct 31
Starting to prepare for booking our flights from the UK next month, for next October’s trip.
Based on this year’s dates and how next year falls, would you assume the final night of HHN would be Saturday 31st October?

Last night for hhn 2020 and it’s on a Saturday night....October 31

Expect a packed house

Last night for hhn 2020 and it’s on a Saturday night....October 31

Expect a packed house

Out of curiosity have they ever sold out, or is there even such a thing of being sold out?

In 2004 when hhn had a few houses also in IOA (Saturday night) ticket sales stopped for awhile and many were beyond ticked

Ticket sales resumed so no shut out that night I was there

That is the closest temp stopping of ticket sales I experienced

I read on the UO sites and other ticket sellers that tickets can sell out

Wasn't impressed this year (except for Universal Monsters which was PHENOMENAL), not sure if I want to commit to next year. :/

That was a great house!
Others on my short list of fav houses this year were ghostbusters and Yeti

This is the second year in a row I did not feel the love for houses and scare zones

3 strikes and I’m out so hoping for a more enjoyable time for 2020

That was a great house!

This is the second year in a row I did not feel the love for houses and scare zones

I loved last year. Yeti was decent. Ghostbusters was a disappointment- missing key scareactors both times I went through. Scare zones were terrible this year.

Really on the fence for 2020.

So much is the timing when going through the houses

Peeps in front of me in the house line get a scare and then the SA retreats to reset for a few minutes later

I got lucky in some houses and got the full hhn effect

It just seemed like this year the vast majority of my house run-throughs had way too many scareactors missing. Several times I'd literally go through 2-3 rooms and not even see a scareactor, let alone get a scare from one. I did not have that problem last year. Only house that consistently brought it every time was Universal Monsters.

That was a great house!

We`re exactly the same mac...….last two years haven't been the same standard as before.....we`ve only been going since 2007, I know you`ve been going for much longer than that, so must have also seen the difference from previous years.

If next years event is not back to how it was, I doubt we`ll go the following year.

There were several stand out houses of course, but them aside, it wasn`t the same as before.

Keep in mind next year is anniversary year so I expect it will be no holds barred all out for this! At least I hope so-I didn’t start going til last year and so many say previous years were better so I’m expecting/hoping for a return to that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter