Guest Assistance Card for autism

anenzeder

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

A google search led me to this forum, and I have searched ‘autism’ and ‘guest assistance card’ in the search box but didn’t really find too much. I’m just wondering the process for requesting a GAC for our 5 year old who has autism. I believe I can approach guest services on the day of our visit and request a card. Do I need to show proof of his autism? And is there usually a long line to organise this card? I’ve also read that sometimes the card doesn’t reduce waiting times at all, in those instances we would need to decide if we really wanted to do that ride. Our main concern would be to keep him out of the long line queue so that if he does start to become distressed we could easily leave the queue.

I’d appreciate any advice with either gaining a GAC, or ways to approach two days at the parks with a child with autism. There are two adults and three children in our party, and we have already purchased a 2 day passport on the TDR website. We are coming in mid July.

Thank you in advance 😊

Barrier Free is the name of the program for disabled guests that Tokyo Disney use. You will need to show proof of the disability in order to obtain a Guest Assistance Card and there are restrictions not present at the US parks. For example, most of the rides demand that someone accompany the disabled guest.

Guest Assistance Cards are booklet based there and there are strict restrictions on use. You can only hold one return time at a time, but you can combine it with regular Fast Pass. It cannot be used to bypass lines for characters in the parks unless its one of the few permanent meet and greet facilities, like Camp Woodchuck and Meet Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!