Guest experiences with daily room checks

MrsBooch

Mouseketeer
Stayed at Poly CL from dec. 7-14 and the room was always cleaned while we were out and we never got a knock on the door for a room check.

snappy

Survivor
Housekeeping were in while we were out during our recent 3 night club level stay at the GDT. One day HK called us on the day we went back to our room after 2 pm when we went to AK. We told them give us 5 minutes and we will head to the club lounge. Not sure why they didn’t take care of it earlier since the occupied sign was not on the door while we were at AK all day until after 2 pm. They did a very good job cleaning.

Orionreplay

Mouseketeer
We were AoA Cars Suite Building 3 in November.

My only, and I stress only, problem was the lack of attention to the tiny coffee bar in the room. While I was a very active user of the Joffey's 90th Anniversary blend in the room, it would not get refilled unless I asked. We learned on the morning of our Day 3 that when I had my 12 year old write a note just for giggles, it miraculously got topped off with more coffee pods.

The next day I thought we had this licked and even though I used all the black coffee pods available and made the usage very evident, the next morning without a note, I had none again.

So for the remaining mornings my 9 year old and 12 year old took turns writing the note for more coffee. Only then did I get my pod refills. Very strange!

But outside of that, our room service was perfect. No problems with getting back at 1pm or 9pm. Room was always refreshed.

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• GM24

Mouseketeer
    My husband and I were at POFQ Dec 8-12 then Boardwalk Dec 12-16 and we never experienced a room check. Rooms were cleaned and coffee and toiletries replenished each day. We had zero issues at both resorts.

Dizzytime

DIS Veteran
    We split-stayed AKL and BWI 11-30 to 12/15, and if we hadn't taken the occupied sign off the door by mid-afternoon, we would get a phone call asking us if we needed housekeeping to come in and clean, and adding if we didn't, that they would need to come in and do a room check. Didn't mind at all, understood completely.

OKWFan88

Mouseketeer
    We stayed at POP 12/15 to 12/22. Only experienced the daily check once. Most days we were at the parks but one day we came back early and got a knock on the door. A man came in with a clip board and introduced himself and he asked if he could look in the bathroom. I said sure and he took a look around and thanked me and then left.

Shoshana

Mouseketeer
    Stayed at AKL Jambo House, 5th floor with rented DVC points from 12/20 to 12/30. Our trash was emptied every day when we were out. One afternoon my daughter and I were napping with the "room occupied" sign on the door. A light tapping knock and then a cast member entered our room. Neither of us moved. She was very quick and said, "sorry, sorry, sorry." Luckily, I continued to sleep. If I'd arisen to answer the door, my nap would have been unhappily over.

• Best_Vacation_EVER!

DIS Veteran
    During my mid December trip this year at BC I basically let housekeeping in everyday day to take garbage/towel change and that was it --- except one day. The one weird thing that I felt uncomfortable with was --- I didn't have a room occupied sign available in the room and one day I was in the room as I wasn't feeling well and hadn't put on the interior latch --- and 2 guys just came barging into the door to "check the wifi equipment" (at least thats what they said.) They knocked but came in the room within about 2 seconds despite me yelling to say wait just a minute --- from now on if I'm in the room the latch is on. So didn't love this -- not sure it was a security thing or a bone-headed contractor thing.

dkr7166

Mouseketeer
    I was at Pop Jan. 12-17 and opted out of daily housekeeping. I did notice I had security checks the first three days because the lights were left on. I'd turned them of before I left that day. The lights were off the last day, so I can't tell if I had a check or not. I was at the parks all day, so it wasn't a big deal.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS