Guest experiences with daily room checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time ever we had problems with these checks during our stay at Saratoga springs from October 18-22. Everyday we were there we got up early to go to EEMH and then came back to nap. And everyday housekeeping banged on the door around 2-3pm. Even after I asked them not to. And even after I complained to the front desk.

During this same trip I also stayed at the Hyatt on I-drive and am considering staying there from now on. The service was soooo much better and they didn't wake me up every dang day!

Had a Pop stay last week of October, had room service (room was always cleaned when we came back from the parks), zero issues.

We had issues at All Star Movies with housekeeping coming by around 2 or 3 in the afternoon while we were trying to take a break.

I declined one afternoon since we were tired and just asked for towels and suddenly at 6pm we get a knock on the door while trying to get dressed for dinner asking to check the room since we declined earlier in the day so my wife had to find something to cover up to peek out the door and tell them it’s not a good time.
I went to the front desk and complained because they should be doing this earlier in the day and not after 6 when people are getting ready for dinner ADRs so the manager requested a time that works for us and I said late morning or early afternoon before 2. They came the next day in the early afternoon as requested but then the following day it was back to the same old late afternoon visit.

After another trip (probably our 10th since they’ve been doing this), I once again report that this whole thing is “much ado about nothing”
I’ve never once had someone “bang on the door” if the sign was out, never really even noticed much difference from how it was before all of this started.

After another trip (probably our 10th since they’ve been doing this), I once again report that this whole thing is “much ado about nothing”
I’ve never once had someone “bang on the door” if the sign was out, never really even noticed much difference from how it was before all of this started.
And which resort was this? Thank you!

We just returned from 7 days at Caribbean Beach (October 23-30) and were never once bothered when the Room Occupied sign was up. The same was true for our May 2019 trip (Saratoga Springs), and October 2018 trip (3 studios at Saratoga). Before that we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside with no issues - I really don't remember how many trips we've done since these room checks began, but we've never had anyone "banging on the door" or trying to enter our room when the sign was up.

We have stayed twice for 14+ days each trip at POP and never had anyone come and knock or bang on the door while we were in the room.

After many, many years and many nights at Disney, we finally had a room check. We added another night to the end of our stay at the last minute (we have done this before) and told housekeeping that we weren't checking out that day. Later that evening the manager or someone in a blazer came by to do a room check. This was a All Star Movies.

In October we were never interrupted for a room check at Sports. In June we had a GV at BWV. My DH and I didn’t go to the parks. While the kids were out and about, we would come back in the afternoon so I could study and he could nap. Each day we would have someone come in to take the trash out. She would also check all of the closets and went out on the balcony.

Just back from 5 nights at CSR with my teen son. Declined housekeeping. My son is a late sleeper, so one or both of us was in the room every day until 1-2pm before heading out for the afternoon and evening, and we kept the RO sign on the door while in the room. We were not disturbed at all on days 1 through 4, so if security checks were done, they happened while we were out. I saw no evidence like curtains moved or lights left on or turned off, so I really can't say if anyone came in while we were gone. We did get a knock on day 5, around 1:30pm. I opened the door a bit and explained that were getting ready to leave and asked the CM (in housekeeping costume) to please come back in an hour or so - she agreed pleasantly and that was that.

My last two trips (August at BC and November at POR) I spent a lot more time in the room during the afternoon than I normally would. I was not checked on either trip (while I was in the room anyways). I had my do not disturb sign out when I was in the room. I declined housekeeping at POR.

Just spent 5 days at SSR and never had a room check. Our trash was emptied while we were out. We did nap midday several times.

We had a split 12 day stay at All Star Movies and declined housekeeping. We came back to the resort several afternoons and were never interrupted by a room check but i'm not even sure if they actually did the checks because our trash was not taken out.

Was at POP for a week. The only time they came was when we came back to nap before going to MVMCP. I opened the door, told them I had a sleeping kid and that we would be out in an hour.

Just spent 5 days at SSR and never had a room check. Our trash was emptied while we were out. We did nap midday several times.

I think the trash removal and room check may be one in the same. Housekeeping has been relentless this week at OKW. Multiple times we were napping with sign out and the knocking would wake us. One time we were slow to come to door and we got a phone call followed by another in person visit. I don’t really get this policy.

I was at the Contemporary Resort on December 7 & 8. Housekeeping/secuirty check knocked on my door at 7:30 am on both the 8 and 9 (check-out day). On the 9th, she told me she was informed that I was checking out to which I told her I had to 11:00 am to vacate the room that morning.

We were at the Polynesian for a week and they definitely emptied the trash/checked room every day. We were on the DVC side too. They knocked when we were in the room twice. Both times around 11 am. I opened the door and it was a young woman and I just asked her to come back later as my kids were still sleeping. She was very nice and said that was fine.

If I hadn't read these boards beforehand I would have been very perplexed and annoyed at someone knocking on the door. I am used to staying in hotels and using the Do Not Disturb and expecting we would not be disturbed. We used our "room occupied" sign when we were in the room and removed it when we left, but that still didn't keep them from knocking while we were in there.

Like I said, I am very glad I read these boards and knew what to expect. I have to admit I was glad it was a young woman in a housekeeping uniform, because a man would have made me slightly uncomfortable, as I was traveling alone with my kids.

So...just back from Pop and had my sign out one day while taking a nap and got the knock. They did not go away despite me having the dead bolt on. Just kept knocking. Had to let them in to inspect the room. I get it, but this is very off-putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!