Guest information booth and DAS

So this mean that at any of these you can get a return time, to any available ride in the park? If that is correct It will be a huge help and definitely will make DAS more efficient. Thanks for sharing!!
I was thinking the same! This will be amazing with my upcoming trip!

I was thinking the same! This will be amazing with my upcoming trip!
It really helped me out I go alone so no one to get a return time for rides and some times they are just too crowded for me to get a return time ( 7DMT I am looking at you) or you have to fight your way through a bottleneck to get to a ride twice ( peter pan) This made a huge difference for me on my last trip, The CM did say it was a temporary assignment until lat September but most felt it might stay. they have this at Disneyland and I think it was just a matter of time for the world to get it

It really helped me out I go alone so no one to get a return time for rides and some times they are just too crowded for me to get a return time ( 7DMT I am looking at you) or you have to fight your way through a bottleneck to get to a ride twice ( peter pan) This made a huge difference for me on my last trip, The CM did say it was a temporary assignment until lat September but most felt it might stay. they have this at Disneyland and I think it was just a matter of time for the world to get it
I am thankful that I am not alone (in fact I am the companion to the DAS holder), but I have noticed since they went to the electronic rider swap that some of the attractions really bottleneck when you try and get return times! Plus, the devices glitch out (imagine that right?) if they have to switch between the two. The Info booths will be SUPER helpful to avoid the chaos! I will be with extended family next month and will definitely try the booth.

I am thankful that I am not alone (in fact I am the companion to the DAS holder), but I have noticed since they went to the electronic rider swap that some of the attractions really bottleneck when you try and get return times! Plus, the devices glitch out (imagine that right?) if they have to switch between the two. The Info booths will be SUPER helpful to avoid the chaos! I will be with extended family next month and will definitely try the booth.
The booth was so easer I think one there was 3 people ( groups ) in front of me most no one was there It dose give you more option on where to get a return time.

I just came back from my first visit to Disneyland (been to Disney World 15 times) and with a disability in an powerchair. I was given a DAS card and had no problem. I have a spinal cord injury which left some paralysis in my legs. I have nerve damage and my body can't regulate the temperature in my legs. I still have swelling and prone to cellulitis when I can't feel myself burning or the heat from the sun. I can't tolerate the cold either. I explained this was a medical error which left me in the hospital for 6 months. I love Disneyland. I could get into ride by taking my wheelchair right to the ride. The cast members were very caring and helpful as were other guest helping me on and off ......Does Disney keep me in their system ?

They told me last week, that they can issue return times but not do the set up for the DAS itself. (Because I need to get a DAS every day for my son, when we visit the parks, so this was something I was interested in).

I love them, they remind me of the DL resort system. They said they may spread to AK and Epcot (but honestly they have so few rides there, might not be worth it yet).
Just curious why you have to get a DAS every day? It should be good for your length of stay.

Just curious why you have to get a DAS every day? It should be good for your length of stay.

If I remember correctly, I think that if you are entering the Parks with a CM as their Guest, the DAS is good for that day only. Someone here in our corner of the DISboards (I will see if I can find the original post) mentioned that in the past.

If I remember correctly, I think that if you are entering the Parks with a CM as their Guest, the DAS is good for that day only. Someone here in our corner of the DISboards (I will see if I can find the original post) mentioned that in the past.
That was us last time, but we found out on our last day that there is a way around that, if you meet certain criteria, which we did, but it was too late at that point.

Besides general information you can get your DAS started, renewed,

So hubby set up a DAS pass in May 2018... when we go this Sept 2019, will they still be able to see the previous information and just renew it?

So hubby set up a DAS pass in May 2018... when we go this Sept 2019, will they still be able to see the previous information and just renew it?
They should. I think in all the times I have gone back to renew my DAS there had only been a handful of times the CM had asked me what my needs are. I would just be ready to explain his needs just Incase

They should be able to, but a new picture will most likely be needed and in some cases he may need to explain his needs again.

I used this in the Magic Kingdom in April and it was great. I hope they make it permanent.
I also used the Toy Story Land one by the bathrooms at the entrance to TSL.

People have posted on other sites that being able to get a DAS Return Time at those booths is NOT guaranteed. They are not always able to issue DAS Return Times or issue DAS.
So, be aware that going to the booth is not a guarantee of them being able to do anything with DAS.

The spot by Toy Story Land (by the bathrooms outside of Toy Story Land) is a dedicated spot ONLY for Rider Swap and DAS Return Times for Slinky Dog Dash.
There is a similar one for DAS Return and Rider Swap for Flight of Passage only at Pandora in Animal Kingdom.

People have posted on other sites that being able to get a DAS Return Time at those booths is NOT guaranteed. They are not always able to issue DAS Return Times or issue DAS.
So, be aware that going to the booth is not a guarantee of them being able to do anything with DAS.

The spot by Toy Story Land (by the bathrooms outside of Toy Story Land) is a dedicated spot ONLY for Rider Swap and DAS Return Times for Slinky Dog Dash.
There is a similar one for DAS Return and Rider Swap for Flight of Passage only at Pandora in Animal Kingdom.
I wonder if this when they first started. I was there for 8 days spent most of the time at HS and MK and pretty much only used these booth never once did a CM say anything or give an indication of the DAS being a problem in fact most of the time the guest ( if there was one) infront of me was getting a return time too. I spent some time talking to a CM at MK asking her what could they do and she was telling me just about anything GR can do I went into the DAS and she was like that was the main resion for them that it works so well at Disneyland

I wonder if this when they first started. I was there for 8 days spent most of the time at HS and MK and pretty much only used these booth never once did a CM say anything or give an indication of the DAS being a problem in fact most of the time the guest ( if there was one) infront of me was getting a return time too. I spent some time talking to a CM at MK asking her what could they do and she was telling me just about anything GR can do I went into the DAS and she was like that was the main resion for them that it works so well at Disneyland
No

It was recent visits

No

It was recent visits
That strange they even had the wheelchair as a stroller sticker and where giving them to one of the guest infront of me at MK Hollywood studio CM had them too at the both ( saw them a few times when they went in the drawer to get an iPad out ) seem odd they would give those out but not DAS. anyway I used them a lot in the 8 days I was there had a few CM ask me how things were going used the kiosk and talked to a few of the CM about them and what all they could and could not do none said they could not do anything related to the DAS just some type of guest recovery had to be done at GR

Kind of wonder if it was just one CM that was new and did not know that they were able to do the DAS or if the person wanted a DAS and did not qualify for one or if the ride the person that was asking for a DAS was down at the time or the wait was too short. ( I was able to get a return time for a ride with a 10 minute wait which was amazing since I needed a break at the time and i knew when I was ready the wait would have been much longer ).

They told me last week, that they can issue return times but not do the set up for the DAS itself. (Because I need to get a DAS every day for my son, when we visit the parks, so this was something I was interested in).

I love them, they remind me of the DL resort system. They said they may spread to AK and Epcot (but honestly they have so few rides there, might not be worth it yet).
Don't they issue a DAS for length of stay/ticket days? I know they used to do this.

Ooops....sorry.....I should have kept reading......ooops.

I wonder is this why they asked no questions the last time we got the DAS for my DD. I requested the DAS and had her letter from her doctor ready but they asked nothing....just said "okay. How many in your party?"

Ooops....sorry.....I should have kept reading......ooops.

I wonder is this why they asked no questions the last time we got the DAS for my DD. I requested the DAS and had her letter from her doctor ready but they asked nothing....just said "okay. How many in your party?"
this might have been it if you had a DAS previously they just pulled up your information.

also, the CM can not read dr note

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!