Guest Relations Opening Time Canadian Resident Tickets

40ariel

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what time Guest Relations opens at the parks? We will be arriving late (midnight) and want to enter park for an 8am breakfast the next day. I understand we will have to visit Guest Relations first but I am not sure if they are open before the park opens. Thanks!

The Guest Relations Window located outside the parks typically opens one hour before theme park opening.

Last edited:

I'm wondering this too, What's the process of activating the Canadian resident tickets? Is it just before you enter the park? at the hotel? (that would be handy :) )

I'm wondering this too, What's the process of activating the Canadian resident tickets? Is it just before you enter the park? at the hotel? (that would be handy :) )
We couldn’t do it at our hotel. We had to go to GS outside the park. You just give your magic bands and Canadian ID, they check them, scan the bands, click something on their computer and you’re good to go. It took no more than 30 seconds for the five of us.

I was worried that there might be a line at Guest Services which would delay us getting into the park.

I was worried that there might be a line at Guest Services which would delay us getting into the park.
If your first park is MK, there is a ticket kiosk behind where guests wait in line that can do it. We arrived at the GS line, where there was indeed a short line, and a manager directed us to that kiosk where there was no one. I don’t know if there is something similar at other parks. Just ask the person checking the GS line and you’ll know before waiting too long.

We couldn’t do it at our hotel. We had to go to GS outside the park. You just give your magic bands and Canadian ID, they check them, scan the bands, click something on their computer and you’re good to go. It took no more than 30 seconds for the five of us.

Ok thanks! I thought maybe since we are staying on-site they could possibly do it at the resort. Doesn't seem to be a big deal to visit guest services first at the park though.

Related question - do you need to have the original method of payment in addition to your ID? That was included in the small print on something when I bought the tickets and I'm wondering whether anyone has been asked for it.

Related question - do you need to have the original method of payment in addition to your ID? That was included in the small print on something when I bought the tickets and I'm wondering whether anyone has been asked for it.
we have never been asked for the original form of payment, only our passports.

Just to confirm - is the process the same at DL? Is there a guest services kiosk outside the park that we need to attend to activate our tickets? Is it in the esplanade?

If your first park is MK, there is a ticket kiosk behind where guests wait in line that can do it. We arrived at the GS line, where there was indeed a short line, and a manager directed us to that kiosk where there was no one. I don’t know if there is something similar at other parks. Just ask the person checking the GS line and you’ll know before waiting too long.
Thanks for the tip!

Im not sure what time they close. Buy there is an office at disney springs as well. Might be able to activate that night

Just wanted to tag onto this thread and ask a related question - I just bought the Canadian Resident tickets and we are planning to go to Disney Springs the first night for dinner and to get them activated. I presume I just show the email with the barcode and they can activate them and print cards for us (not staying on site and may or may not buy Magic Bands)? What ID will they be looking for? Passport, NEXUS, drivers license?

@prairiesarah apparently driver's license will work but we just used our passports and it was fine

Does anyone know if all guests need to be present or can we have one person be a runner with all passports and MBs? We get in late and want to settle the kiddos.

Last year we were not aware that we had to go to Guest Services first. I asked when we checked in at our Disney Resort and picked up our magic bands if there was anything else I needed to do and they said no. It was the first time I had purchased Canadian Resident tickets, and I did not understand the procedure.

So...we arrived at HS ready for extra magic hours and we couldn't get into the park! We stood in line for a long time and we didn't have our passports with us. I did not even have ID on me. The nice cast member accepted my husband's drivers licence as proof of our residency.

We ended up waiting in line for SDD much longer than anticipated but I learned at Disney sometimes it is hard to be 100% prepared!

Just to confirm - is the process the same at DL? Is there a guest services kiosk outside the park that we need to attend to activate our tickets? Is it in the esplanade?

At Disneyland you activate the Canadian ticket directly at the turnstiles by showing your ID. No stop at a guest services booth.

Just wanted to tag onto this thread and ask a related question - I just bought the Canadian Resident tickets and we are planning to go to Disney Springs the first night for dinner and to get them activated. I presume I just show the email with the barcode and they can activate them and print cards for us (not staying on site and may or may not buy Magic Bands)? What ID will they be looking for? Passport, NEXUS, drivers license?

We always used our Nexus and passports to activate them. At Disney Springs, they wanted everybody passports, including the kids and asked for my family to be with me for the activation. Luckily, DH and the kids weren't too far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter