Guest services answer on using a child's AP

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
Here is the note from Ms Gallagher (sorry, I spelled it wrong after talking with her on the phone). This is her real name, not a stage name, so anyone that doesn't believe it, can follow it up. She is looking into the note (I sent it to her, with the name on it) that was posted here before giving incorrect info. Note, that children cannot make the ressies by themselves, but must have parental permission. I assume the numbers on the bottom will allow this note to be traced by Disney, and this is Ms Gallaghers real name, not a stage name. I know that she isn't just saying that, because it turns out she is the same person I talked to when something when missing from our room in February. It took me a awhile to get a response, and she said it was because it had to be forwarded to her from the address I used:
Dear Ms. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

Again, I apologize for any confusion regarding your Annual Passholder
benefits. Periodically, a discounted Passholder rate for a limited
number of rooms may become available at select Walt Disney
World® Resorts and select Disney Vacation Club Resorts. As we
discussed, any Annual or Seasonal Passholder is entitled to receive a
room discount, based on availability. However, Guests must be 18 years
of age, or have permission from a parent or guardian, to make a
reservation. Please know that all of our policies and procedures are
always subject to change at any time.

Thank you again for contacting us. It was a pleasure speaking with you,
and we look forward to your family's upcoming visit.

Sincerely,

Jennifer L. Gallagher
Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort

/TH

So as long as you give permission your child can use thier AP to make a reservation??

Shelly

I'm confused by that "permission statement". If I have a child's AP that I am using for a room discount, that means my child is under the age of 10, and is not likely to be the one calling Disney to make the ressie. :teeth: To me, it sounds like a way for Disney to say that the passholder must be staying in the room. ie. little Johnny can't just give his AP to his aunt, who applies it to her room ressie. But if little Johnny is staying with his aunt, and has an AP from a previous trip with Mom and Dad, the aunt should be able to apply the childs AP for a potential room discount. We have done this before, several times.

I think that the statement "ANY Seasonal or Annual passholder is entitled" shows clearly that my childs AP can be used, and that the adult paying for the room does not have to have one.

Thanks DMRick for posting your reply from Disney.

MaryLiz

I actually posted the entire header detail on another thread for any doubting Thomas' that may think I made it up. (I was doubted on a thread in January by another poster when I mentioned I had written before. Since it was no longer in email form, I couldn't show the "details" from the header on that one).

If however, you are planning on getting the Disney Dining Experience the passholder must be an adult since DDE is only sold to those over 18 (and the folks at DDE check your passholder number or voucher number prior to selling you the card) This is a great perk for AP holders, especially if you are going more then once or like the sitdown resturants!

CarolA said:
If however, you are planning on getting the Disney Dining Experience the passholder must be an adult since DDE is only sold to those over 18 (and the folks at DDE check your passholder number or voucher number prior to selling you the card) This is a great perk for AP holders, especially if you are going more then once or like the sitdown resturants!
I thought she said you had to be 21 to get that, so that that was one perk you couldn't get with a children's AP. Now, I just can't say for sure if it's 18 or 21..but I thought she told me on the phone 21. If so, than..maybe that would be a clue?
In any case, the question I asked, and people wondered about, was if you could use the child's AP for a room..and the answer is yes:)

DMRick, I am so glad that you shared this. My children always have an active AP and often they are invited to join an aunt or grandparent--it would be nice to be able to book the room with them so they could "give back" a little where the room is concerned. :wizard:

You have to be 21 to get the DDE card because you can buy alcohol drinks and get the 2o% discount. You have to be of drinking age .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter