Guest Services hours?

mickeyluv'r

DIS Veteran
How early do the GS at near park entrances open and what time do they close, relative to how early/late the park is open?

Is it still 30 min before park opening and 60min after park close?

Last edited:
How early do the GS at near park entrances open and what time do they close, relative to how early/late the park is open?

Is it still 30 min before park opening and 60min after park close?

Guest Relations.

Mornings-Outside the park:
On a day when the park opens "regular hours" at 9AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:30am.
On a day when the park opens AM EMH at 8AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:30am.
On a day when the park opens "regular hours" at 8AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:15am.
On a day when the park opens AM EMH at 7AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:00am.
----------
Evenings-Outside the park:
Guest Relations may close at or near park closing time.

Evenings-Inside the park:
Guest Relations should be open as long as there are guests still in the park.

Guest Relations.

Mornings-Outside the park:
On a day when the park opens "regular hours" at 9AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:30am.
On a day when the park opens AM EMH at 8AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:30am.
On a day when the park opens "regular hours" at 8AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:15am.
On a day when the park opens AM EMH at 7AM, Guest Relations will be open at about 7:00am.
----------
Evenings-Outside the park:
Guest Relations may close at or near park closing time.

Evenings-Inside the park:
Guest Relations should be open as long as there are guests still in the park.

My first time going with an AP (next year) and I know I need to go to guest services to activate it.

We are staying at Boardwalk so I can walk over to IG at Epcot, right? Probably early afternoon, hopefully won't take super long.

I will have my magic band because it's a resort stay, and fast passes already done (obviously) - does the ticket then just load on to my magic band? Do I need to do anything else? Or do they give me a new magic band which will have all my tickets/fast passes loaded?

thanks for the answers! :)

My first time going with an AP (next year) and I know I need to go to guest services to activate it.

We are staying at Boardwalk so I can walk over to IG at Epcot, right? Probably early afternoon, hopefully won't take super long.

I will have my magic band because it's a resort stay, and fast passes already done (obviously) - does the ticket then just load on to my magic band? Do I need to do anything else? Or do they give me a new magic band which will have all my tickets/fast passes loaded?

thanks for the answers! :)

I bought my most recent AP at the hotel concierge (changed a ticket to an AP). I didn't need to do anything special to activate it, and I think the clock starts ticking on 1st day you enter park, not the day you buy it. I'm not 100% on other buying options.

If you put the AP into MDE then it will be on your resort magicband.

If you want to go to GS at the IG, then yes, it is a short walk from the Boardwalk. You could also take the shuttle boat. the IG GS is small though, so often limited staff, which = slow moving line. I prefer other GS locations.

You still need to carry the AP card to receive any discounts, plus CM CAN ask to see the AP or ID when entering the park. It is worthwhile, IMO, to carry it. You also need to REMEMBER to show it to CM's, at every restaurant, gift shop, and WDW hotel to receive discounts.

If you log into MDE, you can ALSO request your AP magicband, so in theory you qualify to have have two magicbands. Another option - likely the better option - is to request the APmagciband, because the AP magciband comes with a special little slider band. (and perhaps decline the resort magicband - if you have enough time before your trip to receive the APmagciband).

The special little slider band says AP on it. Mind, the slider is just for fun, not proof. For discounts, you have to remember to show the actual AP.

Last edited:
I bought my most recent AP at the hotel concierge (changed a ticket to an AP). I didn't need to do anything special to activate it, and I think the clock starts ticking on 1st day you enter park, not the day you buy it. I'm not 100% on other buying options.

If you put the AP into MDE then it will be on your resort magicband.

You still need to carry the AP card to receive any discounts, plus CM CAN ask to see the AP or ID when entering the park. It is worthwhile, IMO, to carry it. You also need to REMEMBER to show it to CM's, at every restaurant, gift shop, and WDW hotel to receive discounts.

If you log into MDE, you can ALSO request your AP magicband, so in theory you qualify to have have two magicbands. Another option - likely the better option - is to request the APmagciband, because the AP magciband comes with a special little slider band. (and perhaps decline the resort magicband - if you have enough time before your trip to receive the APmagciband).

The special little slider band says AP on it. Mind, the slider is just for fun, not proof. For discounts, you have to remember to show the actual AP.

Since I bought mine early, I have a voucher in MDE for my AP that I read I need to activate at guest services once I arrive for my trip. Then I get my AP card and my countdown starts. So I don't think I will have time to pre-order my AP magic band. :(

I was just wondering if the AP will then automatically load on to my magic bands that I will have gotten for the resort stay, that will have all of our fast passes and any party tickets already loaded. Or will they still give me a new magic band when I activate my AP.

I get confused with all of this!

But I will definitely always have my ID and AP card with me at all times, thanks! :)

Yes. Your magic band will have access to the AP after it’s been activated. We always carry the yellow AP cards just in case there is a problem (and for discounts).

We’ve used IG to activate APs a few times. If you are going in the morning, go early to avoid a long line or well after the park opens. It takes a while to process the APs depending on how many you have. For the four of us it took about 20 minutes.

Since I bought mine early,

1. I have a voucher in MDE for my AP that I read I need to activate at guest services once I arrive for my trip.
2. Then I get my AP card and my countdown starts.
3. So I don't think I will have time to pre-order my AP magic band. :(

4. I was just wondering if the AP will then automatically load on to my magic bands that I will have gotten for the resort stay, that will have all of our fast passes and any party tickets already loaded.
5. Or will they still give me a new magic band when I activate my AP.

I get confused with all of this!

But I will definitely always have my ID and AP card with me at all times, thanks! :)
1. Yes. Guest Relations.
2. Nope.
You can get your AP card at Guest Relations when you "active" the new AP.
But, your AP will not start "counting down" until you USE it to enter a park gate for the first time.
3. You can't do that, anyway.
You can't get an AP MagicBand until after you have activated the AP at WDW.
4. Well, sorta. Nothing is ever "loaded onto" any MagicBand.
You AP will be automatically entered into your MDX account.
Your MB will then be able to ACCESS your AP (and all other tickets from that MDX account.)
5. If you don't want to wait until afer your return home, you can pick up a new AP MB at MK's Ticket Center over by Hall of Presidents.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter