Guest Services when not going to the park

Spaceace5150

Mouseketeer
Working out the details of my first Universal trip...

We need to stop at guest services to discuss our tickets (we have old non expiring 7 day 2 park tickets that might be able to be converted to annual passes, but that is another thread...).

I'd like to do this when we arrive in town before a park day (the answer will determine what tickets I buy for the rest of the family). Is there a spot where I can drop my wife off so she can talk to guest services without entering the parking garage and paying for parking? Or any other strategies you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Not that I can think of though you can try at the airport if you’re flying in (Universal gift shop). After 6 on a non HHN is free at CityWalk parking. You can uber or Lyft. If you've never used those, you can sometimes find discount promo codes

Yup, use the drop off area or drop her off at Hard Rock Hotel and wait there.

Great, thanks!

At Hard Rock or the drop off area, would I be able to wait in the car or would this require me circling the parking lot or area?

Thanks again!

Great, thanks!

At Hard Rock or the drop off area, would I be able to wait in the car or would this require me circling the parking lot or area?

Thanks again!

I would pull as far out of the way as possible and just wait unless someone tells you to move.

I have the preferred ap and have been keeping it renewed since I first bought it

I bought many many sets of the passes op asked about

I would use them for when my kids went with me for their admission ticket

It was in early 2017 that one of my sons came with me for vacation in February

His multi day ticket would not scan as it was bought back in 2006-7

We went to guest services and they exchanged them for single day 2 park tickets

I received the present value for those tickets

I paid $79 for the 5 day 2 park hoppers and $99 for the 7 day 2 park hoppers way back when

Yes the single day P2P tickets were a better deal

You would come out ahead by exchanging your older passes to tickets then use them to upgrade their value to a pass

Now if policy has changed I am
not aware of it

Call guest services prior to find out current exchange policy

Drop off your spouse like others have stated
You can wait down the street at Walgreens which is not far away
Have her call when she is done with gs and pick her up to avoid the parking fee in the garage

I have the preferred ap and have been keeping it renewed since I first bought it

I bought many many sets of the passes op asked about

I would use them for when my kids went with me for their admission ticket

It was in early 2017 that one of my sons came with me for vacation in February

His multi day ticket would not scan as it was bought back in 2006-7

We went to guest services and they exchanged them for single day 2 park tickets

I received the present value for those tickets

I paid $79 for the 5 day 2 park hoppers and $99 for the 7 day 2 park hoppers way back when

Yes the single day P2P tickets were a better deal

You would come out ahead by exchanging your older passes to tickets then use them to upgrade their value to a pass

Now if policy has changed I am
not aware of it

Call guest services prior to find out current exchange policy

Drop off your spouse like others have stated
You can wait down the street at Walgreens which is not far away
Have her call when she is done with gs and pick her up to avoid the parking fee in the garage

Thanks for your note! I actually have the same $99 7 day 2 park hopper from way back. Never used them and am planning my first trip to Universal. I've read on here about changing them into APs. Called guest services and they said the value is what I paid ($99) not the value of the ticket. I was wondering if its kinda like Disney where you can get different answers based on who you talk to, which is why I want to go to Guest Services and see about the tickets. It would influence whether or not I get APs for the rest of the family. Seems like the posts on here mention the value of the ticket and not what we paid and these could be converted to APs.

Thanks for the tip on Walgreens. Transportation seems like a whole new world at Universal when comparing to Disney.

When I exchanged my older multiday ticket passes it was February 2016

Two years ago

They were exchanged for two park single day tickets by a supervisor at guest services inside the park

So I was given 7 days of tickets for each pass

Now if that policy has changed, it means you won’t be able to trade those passes in like I did

The time period I did the exchange was when the older passes were no longer in the system and they would not scan

I believe I must have been one of the first that were able to have this done

Suggest you take the passes with you and talk with a supervisor at the park

If you have to buy new tickets before your trip, go with what is the best deal for you
You can decide if you want to upgrade to the ap while in the park when you go

Now if you can exchange them for new P2P passes, you save them for a future trip

My tickets have a very long expiration date

I only use those tickets when one of my adult kids go with me to UO

I keep my ap renewed each year

I always feel talking to guest services in person received accurate information

Good luck on receiving better news than what you did on the phone

When I exchanged my older multiday ticket passes it was February 2016

Two years ago

They were exchanged for two park single day tickets by a supervisor at guest services inside the park

So I was given 7 days of tickets for each pass

Now if that policy has changed, it means you won’t be able to trade those passes in like I did

The time period I did the exchange was when the older passes were no longer in the system and they would not scan

I believe I must have been one of the first that were able to have this done

Suggest you take the passes with you and talk with a supervisor at the park

If you have to buy new tickets before your trip, go with what is the best deal for you
You can decide if you want to upgrade to the ap while in the park when you go

Now if you can exchange them for new P2P passes, you save them for a future trip

My tickets have a very long expiration date

I only use those tickets when one of my adult kids go with me to UO

I keep my ap renewed each year

I always feel talking to guest services in person received accurate information

Good luck on receiving better news than what you did on the phone

Well, i didn't receive better news in the park. Both my wife and I went to guest services at different times and would only be given the $99 credit towards annual passes and not the actual value of the 7 day ticket. So that was a bummer. I assume I don't have any other options...?

I’m sorry to read policy changed to that
Since exchange policy is now that, at least you will get some value out of them

Wish it was a higher amount for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter