Guests on one reservation arriving separately

mirnmart

Mouseketeer
Hi all...I’ve never run into this situation before so thought I’d ask here. I’m staying at boardwalk villas in Sept. My sister and I are travelling together and a 3rd guest will be joining us. The 3rd guest is arriving later in the day. Will they just hold her magic band at front desk and she can pick it up and get room # when she arrives? We are attending a conference so can’t wait around for her arrival. Sorry if this is a silly question 😂

Hi all...I’ve never run into this situation before so thought I’d ask here. I’m staying at boardwalk villas in Sept. My sister and I are travelling together and a 3rd guest will be joining us. The 3rd guest is arriving later in the day. Will they just hold her magic band at front desk and she can pick it up and get room # when she arrives? We are attending a conference so can’t wait around for her arrival. Sorry if this is a silly question 😂
Could you mail it to her? That’s what we’re doing for son with his DME luggage tags.

She can stop at the front desk - they will give her the magic band if you didn't receive them in advance.

Thanks for the replies. Guess I should have noted we are Canadian so they don’t mail out magic bands in advance. I am mailing her luggage tags. Can I give her a copy of magical express letter?

Leave MB at the front desk or with bell services.

I am assuming she does not have an old one they can use?

I am sure you can give her a copy of the magical express letter, would not worry about it beyond that.

The beauty of Disney's reservation system is that technically every guest's name should be on the reservation (I witnessed a group of early twenty-somethings staying 8 in a room at the All Stars). If your name is on the reservation and you can provide ID, you can get your band and go to the room (as long as online check in was done and a credit card is on file, if the person arriving separately is not going to be the one putting down the card for incidentals). If the guest has their own MDE and you do online check in, the room number will automatically populate for them on their MDE once it's ready as well. This is probably the least frustrating thing about staying onsite at Disney :)

I have had this situation before. We just told the front desk about the situation and they checked in and got their bands separately later in the day... no problem at all. Disney is good that way. I would give them a copy of the DME letter. That will save any hassles getting put on the bus. I saw someone without a letter once, trying to get on the bus and she didn't remember the exact name of the resort, and the name she gave them wasn't listed etc. It's just easier if they have the bar code to scan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter