• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guided Tours of Disneyland Paris

Do I just email them asking for a tour in English during one of the days we are visiting? and after the tour do you still get preferred seating for the parade?

Yes you can email them in advance to book a tour but you don't get any preferred seating for the parade.

Yes you can email them in advance to book a tour but you don't get any preferred seating for the parade.

I asked our tour guide if we could use the preferred seating area for the parade after our tour, and she said yes. Worth an ask I think :).

We did the Disneyland Park guided tour on Tuesday 23 July 2013.

I emailed dlp.relations.vip@disney.com a few weeks before our visit and they advised that the times had now changed to 1pm or 3pm. We selected 3pm. We were 3 adults and 1 child.

We got to City Hall 10 minutes before the start of the tour and when I went to pay the CM confirmed that our child would be free. I handed over my shareholders card and she asked me for 30E. Then another CM came over and said that it was only me, as the shareholder that would get the discount. I didn't want to argue, so paid the revised fee of 35E. On checking the receipt now, I can see that the price shows 20E each, before discount. So, I don't think they charged me for Abbey :confused3

There were 3 other ladies on the tour with us. Our tour guide was Gregorie (sp) and he was very good.

Anyway, I'm not going to repeat everything Elaine has said, but here are some photos we took along the way:

The plaque at the start of the tour

As we headed into Main St the train was going past and the music was very, very loud. Our poor guide could hardly be heard, so we waited until it had stopped

Some Main St shots

The photography shop

Inside Dapper Dans

I love this little area

Next, into Walts

Fantasyland Room

Discoveryland Room

Adventureland Room

There are also Main St and Frontierland rooms but these weren't set up, so I couldn't get any photos. A wee chat about the castle:

After this we headed over to Frontierland

And Adventureland

Over to Fantasyland - these photos weren't taken during the tour as i'd already taken loads earlier in the trip ;)

Over now, the back way to Discoveryland.

For some reason I didn't take photos of Space Mountain and Videopolis :confused3

Throughout the tour, our guide kept saying that he had 3 surprises for us....

The first one, was a visit backstage to Star Tours. We went inside the exit and he took us to a small room. After a moment he turned out the lights and pulled back the curtains. It gave us a full view of the ride in action! Lewis was delighted! He said we couldn't take photos or film this. I didn't realise that the carriage moved about quite so much :lmao: Also, the platform that you walk on to enter and exit the ride moves to a vertical position whilst the ride is in motion, and then moves down again once it stops. He also told us that there are 6 carriages on the ride.

Our second surprise was that he handed us all a lovely dlp pin, exclusive to those who take the guided tour.

The final surprise was being offered VIP area to watch the parade that evening. Unfortunately we had reservations at Walts for 6.30pm, so we had to decline.

We all thoroughly enjoyed the tour, including Lewis who chatted to our guide whilst walking between lands. The guide was very, very nice and apologised several times for getting some works wrong in English, which made me feel very embarrassed that I don't speak a word of French. Since coming home DH has said we really need to learn and make more of an effort ::yes::

We will definitely do the Studios tour next time :goodvibes

Thank you so much for posting your photos Julie - seeing them takes me right back to when we did our tour of the park :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter