Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

After our bike ride myself and DD went to the pool. Afterwards it was nap time.
IMAG1789.jpg

One of the neat things here close in our little area of campground is a natural climbing marvel for kids. During Hurricane Ivan one of the big evergreen Oaks was blown over, but it lived and the park has kept it clean and the kids use it regularly. You can see DD in upper left.
IMAG1791.jpg

Then on to the evening meal. Southalabama5er came up with this one folks.

Deep frying a huge 16# ribeye. Yes, 16#!
IMG_3528.jpg

Finished product came out oh so fine! There was too many sides to mention them all.
IMAG1795.jpg

IMAG1792.jpg

IMAG1793.jpg

IMAG1794.jpg

Another great day. Some of us are heading to Pensacola in the morning to the aviation museum.

Y'all come

Journey of a new camper owner, finding out there’s such a thing as a “hot water heater bypass system”. Part two, searching all over your camper to find said system. Part three, finding said system behind a random panel in the under belly storage area. Part four, trying to squeeze ones overweight self into the tiny said under belly storage area. Part five, trying to figure out which valves to turn. Part six, water pouring out of said water heater. Part seven, discovering the drain plug. Part eight, praying you didn’t break your hot water heater.

Short story, camper place winterized it for us because it sat at the shop for months so I had no idea all of the above was a thing. Now to try to sleep. :confused3

Journey of a new camper owner, finding out there’s such a thing as a “hot water heater bypass system”. Part two, searching all over your camper to find said system. Part three, finding said system behind a random panel in the under belly storage area. Part four, trying to squeeze ones overweight self into the tiny said under belly storage area. Part five, trying to figure out which valves to turn. Part six, water pouring out of said water heater. Part seven, discovering the drain plug. Part eight, praying you didn’t break your hot water heater.

Short story, camper place winterized it for us because it sat at the shop for months so I had no idea all of the above was a thing. Now to try to sleep. :confused3
We went without hot water our first camping trip because of said bypass. LOL

Have fun, we are working, we need these pics.

What fun for you all - thanks for sharing the pics! Glad everyone has had safe travels so far, and pray the same for those yet to return home!

Bishoparc - believe me, as ALL have our rookie camping stories (not to mention our, 'been doing it for a while so I became careless and this happened...' stories!).

Last night with friends, kids, family, and Dissers, we had 30 people at dinner. Randy's ribeye turned out great and there was something for everyone: some rare, some medium, some well and plenty of all.

Limited puzzle time this morning so we could leave at 830a for Blue Angels practice. But we made some progress in an hour.

20190528_073753.jpg

Ed

Last edited:
I want to apologize to every one. I am very ill and can't stray far from the camper. Every time I try I feel like I'm going to fall out. So I'm staying in tonight.

Mike have a safe trip if u leave today.

Sometime tomorrow or the next day I could use some help loading my smoker in the truck.Sometime
Hope you all enjoyed the museum.

Well I was disappointed today to not see the Blue Angels. But cancellations happen.

We spent about two hours there then drove back to Gulf Shores and had lunch at my family's favorite restaurant in Gulf Shores.

It has the best salad bar in GS (and hard boiled eggs on it :thumbsup2).

It's was not crowded at all and this week after the holiday Monday it has not felt bad at all crowd wise.

Then it was to Wal-Mart to buy some meat and veggies to try out on my new griddle. It ended up being some chicken, onion, mushrooms, and zuchini with some fresh squeezed lemons and limes.

Gonna turn in early tonight and start a new book to read (I love buying cheap used hardbacks on Amazon).

I have no idea what we are going to do tomorrow which means I'm finally in vacation mode. :cloud9:

Ed

@Flametamr - hope you feel better soon! I should be around if you need help.

We didn’t do much today. Just drove out to Camping World to look around a bit. My parents came over to have lunch so we grilled some burgers.

More camper fun, sewer hose sprung a leak so gotta get a new one tomorrow.

Weather has been beautiful, hot, but beautiful. Flies are definitely out at dusk. I braved it for a while but I’m definitely scratching now:charac2:

Bishopaec That sign is for the other people at GSP I am absolutely sure Tiggerdad obtained all the required permits and waivers from the locals that dared try their hand at defeating him and the others. We are still waiting on photos

Ed and Jim,

enjoyed lunch the Oyster House today. Good table conversation as always.

DD and I spent rest of day at pool and on the beach.

Regrettably, I've had a loss in the family and need to return home tomorrow for funeral. Have to cut trip few days short but it's been fun as always. These Dismeet always are. I encourage each of you to take advantage of opportunities to get together, we've formed some great friendships and had a lot of fun over the years and hopefully will continue to do so.

Bert and Chris, safe travels to you tomorrow as well.

Joe, sorry you're under the weather, terrible time for it but hopefully it'll pass you by quickly.

Randy, please be easy on poor Fred. You're gonna give that poor dog a complex if you keep it up.

Hate to leave early, but you guys keep on having fun and most importantly relax and vacation.

Joe,
Sorry you're under the weather. I didn't see this until after you drove by. Feel better and if you still need help loading up the smoker, Ian and I can help.
Michael,
I'm glad we had a chance to catch up again. Sorry about your grand mother, but we all understand. Have a safe trip back.
Ed,
The Oyster House was very good. After seeing Michael's shrimp dish, I wish I had ordered that. It was nice having lunch with everyone.

It's been a nice, hot week so far. Much better than the rainy, stormy weather back home. I been posting much this week. We have kept pretty busy. We tried Hazel's Nook for breakfast this morning. The buffet was very good. We hadn't been there before and I would definitely recommend.

We don't have any specific plans the rest of the week. Probably just beach and shopping. The Stanley Cup play offs are on tonight. Hopefully the Blues show up, stop taking silly penalties and play for a full 60 minutes.

j

Michael my deepest condolences to you and your family we will keep you all in our prayers.
Joe, Nancy says you are not allowed to expire
Chris your Reba looks like a sweetie. Be careful on the way home Berks County had a tornado last night and they are calling for bad weather thru the upcoming weekend

Puzzle update: a solid surfboard this morning.

20190529_084159.jpg

Thanks for the comtribution this mornimg from tigerdad and dd, bishoparc and dw, pahunter and dw (who broight the chilled sliced banana cholcolate chip bread). 😁

Headed to the outlet mall this mornimg.

Ed

Between having fun with friends and relaxing and up on the roof working on the AC at 1 in the morning I havent had a chance to post.

Everyone's company has been great, been good catching up. The couple of group dinners was very good thanks to everyone for bring the great food (especially Burt and your asparagus). This evening my bunch and PaHunter are headed over to The Yard for a very good over priced milk shake.

Joe, hate that your not feeling a 100% and if you need any help with anything we are here.

Michael sorry about the family lost, you and Madison have a safe trip home and thanks for letting me use the fan.

The control board on one of our AC's went out but the other two are still keeping up, it's been unseasonably hot this week. As I show someone the guys here I've had a ton of problems with this 5er but I'm taking it on the chin, after this trip we have to replace the flooring in the garage because of some rotten soft spots, but it will be better than new when we're finished with it.

We made it home. We were out by 7 am but did not have a good drive. Thankfully nothing bad happened but it was a tough drive. We have an issue the lube pump on the Rav. Well it works fine but there is a wire loose somewhere and the controller buzzed almost the entire trip trying to tell us the pump was not working when in actuality it was. This has happened since the beginning, but the noise is irritating and when listening to it for several hours then hitting atlanta, well it was a long drive. Took 7.5 hours to storage. We were actually home and unloading by 5 pm. Glad we had leftovers for dinner.

It was great to meet the new faces @PaHunter and @Bishoparc. Chris thanks so much for getting some pics of Mallory, can’t wait to see them.

Now laundry, feed a Mallory and we have to change her bandage. I guess it is back to normal. One of my running buddies already wants to run tomorrow. I did say let’s start at 6:15 rather than 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts