Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

Oh my gosh @bama_ed , finally got our reservation set. Only took 2 weeks of phone tag. We check in on Sunday 26-May and out on Saturday 1-June. Site # 16

Cool Bishoparc. Just remember this:

I usually come out of my Aliner every morning around sunup and break out the puzzle and we can pick up where we left off from the previous day. You don't have far to commute (across the road). Bring your own folding chair and coffee as I don't drink it, don't know how to make it, and sure as heck won't pay $6 for a cup of it anywhere in the world (but I did have an expresso in a Paris cafe once, just for the experience). I get my caffeine from a Diet Coke. It's a relaxing way to start your day. Mrs. PaHunter (well it coulda been Mr. PaH too) brought some banana bread one morning to the puzzle table this past year which got them LOTS of brownie points. (Your humble correspondent like chocolate chip cookies too, just sayin' :worship:).

Seriously, glad you finally got a site and dates nailed down. I will add you to my list back on page 24.

Bama Ed

I usually come out of my Aliner every morning around sunup and break out the puzzle and we can pick up where we left off from the previous day. You don't have far to commute (across the road). Bring your own folding chair and coffee as I don't drink it, don't know how to make it, and sure as heck won't pay $6 for a cup of it anywhere in the world (but I did have an expresso in a Paris cafe once, just for the experience). I get my caffeine from a Diet Coke. It's a relaxing way to start your day. Mrs. PaHunter (well it coulda been Mr. PaH too) brought some banana bread one morning to the puzzle table this past year which got them LOTS of brownie points. (Your humble correspondent like chocolate chip cookies too, just sayin' :worship:).

Seriously, glad you finally got a site and dates nailed down. I will add you to my list back on page 24.

Bama Ed

Very much looking forward to it! We have 3 kayaks we will bring to, anyone with the group is welcome to use them (we have various size life jackets too).

I haven't been out there yet, we have 2 jet skis too but I don't know if they let you jet ski or not? If so, we can def. bring those too.

Bama Ed

Oh, Ed, that is all the Mrs, she is the baker. I can grill a mean steak or cook up a good meal but baking is not my thing. Had there been more than one morning of puzzle building, we would have gotten to the banana bread with chocolate chips in it. Mmmm. I am sure that some will be made before the next trip also. Had she gotten the chance to swap addresses for Christmas cards, you may have received some delivered by UPS.

Got kids registered for school this upcoming year. Oldest DD apparently has an eighth grade field trip to Washington DC. Coincidentally it perfectly overlaps the days for the 2019 GSP Dismeet. Parents can go, but at about $1200 per person and we are considered chaperons so in charge of not only my child, but other people's kids too.

Catch is, no siblings can go.

That means youngest DD gets left out. Not good.

So, after discussing with DW we might be at a settlement where she goes to DC with the oldest (avoiding the yellow flies she loves so much) while myself and youngest DD (along with Pepper) pull camper on down and continue the GSP dismeets.

That sounds like a good plan for her to stay away from getting bit up. DC in May is very nice.

Got kids registered for school this upcoming year. Oldest DD apparently has an eighth grade field trip to Washington DC. Coincidentally it perfectly overlaps the days for the 2019 GSP Dismeet. Parents can go, but at about $1200 per person and we are considered chaperons so in charge of not only my child, but other people's kids too.

Catch is, no siblings can go.

That means youngest DD gets left out. Not good.

So, after discussing with DW we might be at a settlement where she goes to DC with the oldest (avoiding the yellow flies she loves so much) while myself and youngest DD (along with Pepper) pull camper on down and continue the GSP dismeets.

While we would miss the DW, we understand the yellow fly issue. Sounds like a good win-win situation there.

While we miss out seeing your lovely wife, I doubt she will miss the yellow flies.

Glad to have you and the youngest.

j

"fat fingered <double post>"

Where the ***** did it go? I had written a typical Bama Ed post that was witty, humble, pithy, and elightening (in other words, my normal kind of post). :rotfl2:

Now it's gone....

Short edit: glad to hear you're still coming tiggeredad with young Madison.

Your DW and DD will have a great time in WDC. My DW did lots of chaperone girl trips and can advise on "duct tape on the hotel doors" and other young people chaperoning techniques. Oh, and is transportation Amtrak or contract bus line? Each has their points.

I will keep you on the 2019 Gulf list.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Bus line I believe. They will find out more once school cranks up.

Great thing is Madison looks like her mom but acts like me! I smell mischief!

Let me see if I have this right. Tiggerdad and his trusty sidekick Madison and Pepper to provide Adult Supervision??? What could possibly go wrong?

I'll start putting together a list...
Why ruin the surprise besides I may be able to help find new and exciting ways to help. Besides at this stage of the game I am Sure Mrs Tiggerdad is prepared for pretty much thing that may occur

So if the DIS meet at the fort works out for 2020 around Columbus Day (0ct. 12th) :teacher: and you have to call and book 499 days out (June 2, 2019) I'm guessing that we will all be up at Midnight at GSP on the phone with Disney booking or is @BamaEd handling it for us?? Haha! Late night s'mores party night at GSP! party:

I can hear Ed now, " Yes Hi I need 18 campsite for the week of Oct 12th 2020," :rolleyes1:surfweb:
I think they will hang up on him haha:rotfl2:

So if the DIS meet at the fort works out for 2020 around Columbus Day (0ct. 12th) :teacher: and you have to call and book 499 days out (June 2, 2019) I'm guessing that we will all be up at Midnight at GSP on the phone with Disney booking or is @BamaEd handling it for us?? Haha! Late night s'mores party night at GSP! party:

I can hear Ed now, " Yes Hi I need 18 campsite for the week of Oct 12th 2020," :rolleyes1:surfweb:
I think they will hang up on him haha:rotfl2:

What a great find there, Randy!

Uh, could I borrow your credit card to use for those 18 deposits? :scared:

Now that could be fun! We can all be on phone in competition with one another to see who gets site first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!