Gulfport MS, anyone in area, need some local info

9ish is about what I get with my dually. September's trip I averaged 9.6 for the 2000 miles. A lot depends on wind. I've got as low as 7.5 when I was racing. That was towing across Kansas with a 20+ mph head or cross wind.

I also tend to have a heavy foot. I try to set the cruise on 72, but it seems the closer I get to the Fort, the heavier it goes. :D

j

Yes with larger tanks, I would probably run south of the Mason Dixon line for fuel. Well worth the round trip for the price difference.
And yes with 250 on board I could make it down and back without refueling also.

Randy,

You better check the provisions of some of those smaller, tighter, National Park Service camping site regulations before you take that big, beautiful rig out West. If you were to take that to, say, Grand Canyon NP, they may make you park that thing down in Tuscon.

Just sayin'. :confused3:confused3

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Randy,

You better check the provisions of some of those smaller, tighter, National Park Service camping site regulations before you take that big, beautiful rig out West.
Same problem I ran into. The Rocky Mt Natl Park and Smokey Mt Natl Park campsites I looked into have a 30 ft limit. HERE is a link that lists the combined length (RV and tow/towed vehicle) limits at various national parks. This isn't an official NPS site, but it lines up pretty well with what I found last year when I was looking.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!