Guy who filmed himself climbing Big Thunder...security risk?

That’s actually why I liked the other videos of those who’ve explored, they did it for the love of the project and then they never went back or tried to push themselves. Hoot and chief? were doing it to document horizons and even though they were the only ones I liked that kept going back they weren’t doing it illegally, the rush or for clickbait

Well, I mean, clickbait wasn't even a term back then! It's clear they loved the attraction and didn't want to cause any trouble for others.

Not surprised there is a market for stupid these days. Stunts like this is what people do nowadays instead of an actual life accomplishment. The bar is getting lower and lower with the next generation.

O.k. A couple of questions. Are the fingerprints required now or can you do something else instead of giving Disney your fingerprint? I just don't like giving out stuff like that.

Has Disney added better security to get backstage at MK? The last time I worked there was 2000 and it was pretty easy to get backstage. I don't remember if they checked our ID getting on the busses in cast member parking but if they did that was the last time you were checked and the busses would drop you off before going in the tunnel. It seems that it would have been easy for a vehicle to drop people off and they walk into the tunnel. This was BC 911 so I'm hoping things have changed some.

O.k. A couple of questions. Are the fingerprints required now or can you do something else instead of giving Disney your fingerprint? I just don't like giving out stuff like that.

Has Disney added better security to get backstage at MK? The last time I worked there was 2000 and it was pretty easy to get backstage. I don't remember if they checked our ID getting on the busses in cast member parking but if they did that was the last time you were checked and the busses would drop you off before going in the tunnel. It seems that it would have been easy for a vehicle to drop people off and they walk into the tunnel. This was BC 911 so I'm hoping things have changed some.

A lot has changed since then

When I drove there back in 2006, at West Clock you couldn't board the bus until security checked your ID. There were 2 stops once you got past the gate at MK, ToonTown and the tunnel. Both were in the security envelope. Leaving the tunnel, we stopped at ToonTown and the RR Barn. The RR barn is outside of security so someone could get to a bunch of support stuff but one couldn't access the parks. CM's going to MO7 got checked at the park gate by SM, security would come on the bus and check ID's. The only times ID's were not checked was if the bus was empty and security had already checked the driver earlier. However, I still had to stop at the gate and open the door for security to determine I was the only one on the bus and that I was still the driver they checked. The parade bus at MK also had to stop at the gate by Splash and everyone got checked. Cast shuttles at DAK and EPCOT are fully inside the backstage area. CM's were checked entering the backstage area so no need to check them on the bus.

Similar story my BIL told me....but in the early-mid 2000’s he took his high school robotics team down to Disney for a competition and they spent some days in the parks. They were at MK and he gets a call that security has some of the boys. He gets there and finds out that on Splash Mountain the ride had stopped for a few minutes right by where the bear was hanging upside down. One of the boys jumps out of the log and goes up to the Bear and pretends to hump him while the others laugh and take pictures and a video.

Keep in mind this is before smart phones and Instagram/Snapchat and all that. They had little flip phones I think. I guess not even 2 min went by and Disney had the ride shut down, the lights on and cast members were out there gathering up the boys. Security met them as they were walking out and took them away.

So my BIL says “now what?” And security says that they know kids do stupid stuff but their biggest thing is that they don’t want pictures or a video getting out. They had already confiscated their phones and they went through them all and deleted the evidence. Luckily it was in a time before they could really text that stuff or post online! They told my BIL they didn’t have to leave the park but they had to stay with him the rest of the time at the parks. They said they had it on video on the parks cameras and if they were caught doing anything else they would prosecute. And that they would be watching.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. How the heck do they allow these people to get in unscathed? Yet they got a swat team at the front of the park ready to pounce.

I think this is the video you're referring to

also here's a Discovery Island one

That second video was like Disney’s Jurassic Park: Lost World

They aren't actually doing a fingerprint scanner, they take 3 points and use it to do a mathematical calculation that is unique to you and they store that number, then when you return the system recalculates the number and compares it. Your fingerprint never gets stored.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. How the heck do they allow these people to get in unscathed? Yet they got a swat team at the front of the park ready to pounce.

I think this is the video you're referring to

also here's a Discovery Island one

That is crazy! I mean how did they KNOW that there were no cameras and no cast members monitoring anything? I would have been scared to death!

Well there’s now recently videos and news of this guy and another guy sneaking into volcano bay at universal when it’s closed at night and also the same guy at animal kingdom sneaking onto the expedition Everest to see the not working yeti you can actually see him climbing expedition Everest

Last edited:
That Horizons video was INSANE! It's just unfathomable that those guys were able to wander around for HOURS inside the ride building over the course of several months before someone stumbled across them doing it purely by accident.

Has anyone seen this guys latest video of him climbing Everest and petting the Yeti?! I am in complete shock and honestly couldn't finish the video because of anxiety for his safety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!