GVs Now Qualify for CL Additional FP+

Is anyone that stupid?
GV most likely 8 or more people. 3 days $1200 for some fast passes... PT Barnum was right...
Yes though they are saying that not everyone on the reservation has to get them. Which I'm not sure if that was a change from prior rules. Also 3 day minimum up to length of stay can be purchased.

Yes though they are saying that not everyone on the reservation has to get them. Which I'm not sure if that was a change from prior rules. Also 3 day minimum up to length of stay can be purchased.
The CL FPs do not need to be purchased by everyone staying in the room.

Hmmm...Interesting. I have a large group going in 2021, I was planning 2 two bedrooms and a one bedroom. Maybe I'll drop the one bedroom and one of the two bedrooms for a GV.

Is anyone that stupid?
GV most likely 8 or more people. 3 days $1200 for some fast passes... PT Barnum was right...

Well, not everyone in the villa has to get them. We are 9 people in a grand villa, 3 groups paying our own way (my parents, my family, my sister’s family.) We do lots of things together but also all break off and do our own things. I could see my parents spending $300 to do this for a few days of the trip. I wouldn’t pay $600 for my family of 4, though.

I personally don’t like to be too scheduled beyond 3 FP and maybe an ADR, but I could see how some would find it worth the money.

DH and I talked about this earlier today and we both agreed that $1200 is just too much money...8 x $50 x 3 days.

I asked about this while at Wilderness Lodge this past weekend. Neither the CM at the front desk or the two DVC reps I talked to had heard about this.

I asked about this while at Wilderness Lodge this past weekend. Neither the CM at the front desk or the two DVC reps I talked to had heard about this.
Not surprising. You don’t book the extra FPs thru the resorts. You book thru signature services.

That amount of money could be another vacation somewhere. ::yes::

Maybe, maybe not. It depends upon how many people in the room want the extra fastpasses and how many nights they want the extra fastpasses, and so forth.

For instance, if I'm part of a group in a GV, not everyone needs to purchase the extra passes. I could purchase 3 days worth for myself, be happy as a clam, and pay $150. $150 isn't going to get me a hotel anywhere for more than one night...and one night isn't another vacation. When I travel with a group, I supply the room(s), but everyone pays their own tickets and meals, and they are mostly adults that are either singles or couples, and that really isn't going to get anyone another vacation. Now, if you are a family with kids, and are paying it for 4 or 5 people...yes...that could maybe get you another family vacation.

Disney find another way to take your money if you don't need it.

I think we are coming to our end of Disney. Pricing getting out of control, trying to get the better FP rides, crowds not at most times of year. We joined in 2002 and when our contracts get to 20 yrs left that could be it.

Is anyone that stupid?

I mean these are people paying $1800-3000 a night for a room, so stupid or they just have so much money another $1200 doesn't faze them.

This should be an unpaid perk of staying in a GV. Ridiculous that we have the opportunity to pay for this “privilege.”

This should be an unpaid perk of staying in a GV. Ridiculous that we have the opportunity to pay for this “privilege.”
Why? Why should the cost be divided among the dues of all DVC members? This is the same price Disney charges for cash guests at Concierge level for the extra fastpasses. They certainly didn't need to extend the ability to book extra fast passes to people staying in a GV. Parks and DVC are two different divisions that operate pretty independently from one another. It's not like GVs were sitting empty very much.

Why? Why should the cost be divided among the dues of all DVC members? This is the same price Disney charges for cash guests at Concierge level for the extra fastpasses. They certainly didn't need to extend the ability to book extra fast passes to people staying in a GV. Parks and DVC are two different divisions that operate pretty independently from one another. It's not like GVs were sitting empty very much.
I guess my point was that this is an exorbitant charge given the points charged for the GVs. I think the same for the concierge rooms. For the rates/points charged, trying to wrangle even more money out of guests is offensive, in my opinion. Others will disagree, but I believe that given the cost of these rooms, extra fastpasses, if offered at all, (and I’m not sure they should be offered at all), should come as a perk, not as an outrageously high up charge. Charging for “extras” when an experience is supposed to be deluxe and luxurious, is paradoxical.

I guess my point was that this is an exorbitant charge given the points charged for the GVs. I think the same for the concierge rooms. For the rates/points charged, trying to wrangle even more money out of guests is offensive, in my opinion. Others will disagree, but I believe that given the cost of these rooms, extra fastpasses, if offered at all, (and I’m not sure they should be offered at all), should come as a perk, not as an outrageously high up charge. Charging for “extras” when an experience is supposed to be deluxe and luxurious, is paradoxical.
Except that's not how timeshares work. Everything has to be paid for by either dues, or the individuals using the units. Unless DVC marketing considers it enough of a "perk" to pay for it for direct purchasers, while making resale buyers pay for it. Costs have to be justifiable on the books.

Disney is a business. Now that said, it would be an awesome perk for all direct purchasers, regardless of room size, if it had a 3 day limit, it may be worth it to marketing. Otherwise, it could wind up costing as much as the free length of stay passes did in the 1990s, and DVC doesn't seem to be having all that much trouble selling points at resorts near the parks.

If I'm there with a group for a week in a GV, and some of us (I doubt the entire group would go for it) wanted the passes for 3 days, I think the $150pp cost would not deter them, especially if it was about the only way to get fast passes for the more popular attractions. I mean, let's face it...choosing ONE fast pass from the "top tier" like Soarin' OR Frozen Ever After, especially when you've got little Frozen fans with you, is the pits. And personally, I'd rather pay for extra fastpasses, and get the times and attractions I want, than do character meals. Though with a group in 2021, IF I decide to book a GV and a 2 bedroom instead of two two bedrooms and a one bedroom, we'd probably do the fastpasses and at least one character meal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter