Had a nice lunch at the Plaza Restaurant but...

Lizgistix

resorts fan
We had a nice lunch at the Plaza Restaurant in MK Wednesday but we were situated in the round side room looking towards the Castle and Tomorrowland Terrace. Good gravy they really pack people into that room!

That was my only complaint. My soup was good, my club sandwich was good. Mom's grilled cheese was good. The view was really nice. Just that side room was too crowded!

It was also nice as a first time experience. Food came out quickly and our server was just delightful. Would book an ADR there again, just requesting the main dining room.

I think that people get tucked in very closely in a lot of the park restaurants, and it is not fun. I take my DGD for weekends in NYC periodically, and try to find fun restaurants for us. Like some of those WDW restaurants, you can quickly become best friends with the family seated next to you and almost in your lap. LOL!

It's also kind of a pain that the bathroom is not located inside the restaurant, but still one of my favorite restaurants on property.

We ate there the first time our last trip (end of December/beginning of January) for dinner. I actually considered canceling because I thought the menu did not have many options but I was mainly going to try the Kentucky turkey hot brown sandwich which was very good. My husbands steak was just okay and my daughter got mac and cheese. The castle show and fireworks went off while we were dining which was a pleasant surprise (didn't plan that). But there was a lady there sitting next to the window very upset. She made her ADR mostly to watch the castle show and fireworks, but she was upset because she couldn't see anything due to the people standing right in front of the window.

^^Yes the Plaza is NOT the place to watch the fireworks.

My family really enjoys the Plaza for a lateish dinner but lately ADR have been terrible in terms of timing. In our last two trips we've had to wait 25 & 50 minutes. They were nice enough while we waited to give my child milk and grapes but BOY that was a long wait when our reservation was at 8:25 and it was 9:15 when we SAT DOWN. This was when the park was a 10/10 for crowd so we had no where else to go but still.

We have eaten there 3x and they have sat us at the exact same table all 3x. The 1st table immediately to the right as you enter the restaurant. It's a small round top, it allegedly seats 4 but it's always just myself, my husband and our now 6 year old and it feels cramped to us so I can't imagine sitting there with another adult. It's right by the windows which we found is a negative at parade times because people will try to come and stand at the window and over us while we are eating (I always ask them where they are seated so I can go return the favor stare over them while they eat and that's been enough of a hint for them to go outside to watch the parade). But YES! This one is a TIGHT fit! Not a big place at all. Gotta love those milkshakes though, there's a reason we keep going back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter