Had DIL's bridal shower Sunday

newmousecateer

Babcia Extraordinaire/B-Elder YaYa
and it turned out very nice. She received a lot of nice gifts. And I am finally getting smart in my old age, I ordered the food!

But I was mostly excited to meet her Mom for the first time. She is in from Poland for the wedding. She cannot speak very much English. She gave me a beautiful bouquet of orchids and had Kinga interpret for her "thank you for being a wonderful mother to my daughter. I have love in my heart for you for doing that", and when she left she asked me if I would take care of her daughter for her after she goes back to Poland.

That made my day! :bounce: :bounce:

What an incredibly sweet sentiment!

Oh that just made my day!! What a sweet lady.

She sounds like a lovely lady. It sounds like she and you son will both have wonderful in-laws.

Sounds like you had a great time.:)

Is your Kinga the same Kinga from the dis? (atleast I think there's a Kinga here:confused: )

When's the wedding?

No. She is not a DISer.

The wedding is August 17th. They are getting married in a very small but beautiful chapel at Northwestern University.

I will try to post picture afterwards.

I am very excited :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Congratulations, that is wonderful. Your future DIL's mother sounds very sweet. It must be difficult for her being so far away from her daughter.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

What a lovely gesture. And a wonderful compliment to you! She obviously sensed how your feel about her DD.

But, oh, how difficult it must be for her to be so far away from her daughter.

That is so sweet. She will be the perfect MIL way over in Poland - lol! It must be hard for her to be apart from her daughter. We have Polish neighbors and their DD is named Kinga too!

It is very hard on her. She also has her son and another daughter here (one daughter is still in college in Poland, but plans on coming here after she graduates).

Kallison,

From what Kinga has told me, that is a very popular name in Poland.

Newmouse, my DIL bridal shower is this sunday, I will also be meeting her mom for the first time. I hope our shower goes as well as yours did! Good luck to the bride and groom!

That is such a sweet story. What a dear mother she has and it is too bad that she lives to far away. I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding though.

Disney Dee

And good luck to your bride and groom also. :D

I am sure your shower will go just as well. Have fun! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter