Had quite the shock this morning

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
So I am in the US and I know how to make dinning ressies in Disneyland (my home park) and Disney World very well as I have done it MANY times. When I booked our package several months ago I was told I could not make dinning ressies till exactly 60 days. I wasn't sure what would be considered "exact" since there is a time difference between here and France. We need ressies for June 16, 17 and 18. I did a calculator and because there is 31 days in May it said for the 17th of June to call on the 18th of April. Well it is a GOOD thing I didn't do that!! I called TODAY June 16th to check and they said they were taking reservations thru September! I was like WHAT? We are staying at Sequoia and we wanted to eat dinner there our first night. She said it was recommended to make a reservation at the Hunters Grill and I am glad I did because had we not I am not sure WHERE we would have eaten. She also took a ressie for Chez Remy and Agrabah Cafe. I wanted Captain Jack's but they are on rehab till June 20 which will be gone by then. I asked about other options and that was all they had. I did want Remy but for that Tues and it was all booked. So just a word of warning that that what I was told was not what happened and we almost got nothing. Also I know our vouchers are for approx 46 euro. Agrabah is less than that so I am assuming we just lose the difference? The reason I ask is if we have leftover money on a voucher how does that work?

You can now book dining reservations online further in advance that 60 days, which is likely why things are fully booked. It is only on the dutch website but you can go on there to book. It might be worth checking back online to see if you can get alternative reservations.

Yeah you will just "lose" the money on the vouchers.

You can now book dining reservations online further in advance that 60 days, which is likely why things are fully booked. It is only on the dutch website but you can go on there to book. It might be worth checking back online to see if you can get alternative reservations.

Yeah you will just "lose" the money on the vouchers.
Thanks I checked but many are closed or don't take reservations (online I guess). So it looks like what I got is all there really is available. Thanks for letting me know. I know if you stay onsite in Florida you get preferences and I am surprised that is not offered in Paris but it is what it is I guess.

Which restaurants did you want that don't take on line reservations? Because all the restaurants that take reservations, you can do on line.
The reservations don't go that quickly, so I think you were early enough!

Could be the Auberge? Last week the button to book online was removed.

Thanks I checked but many are closed or don't take reservations (online I guess). So it looks like what I got is all there really is available. Thanks for letting me know. I know if you stay onsite in Florida you get preferences and I am surprised that is not offered in Paris but it is what it is I guess.

If you booked a package you can book character meals in advance - you call to add it to your reservation rather than calling the reservation line. You don't get preferences if staying onsite at Walt Disney World though, other than booking your whole booking at once?

Karin is correct Auberge didn't have it but I was specifically looking at Ludwig's castle. We were also interested in Walt's but while you can probably make ressies online it says it is closed (must be under rehab for now)

If you booked a package you can book character meals in advance - you call to add it to your reservation rather than calling the reservation line. You don't get preferences if staying onsite at Walt Disney World though, other than booking your whole booking at once?

What I meant is you can book ALL your reservations at the 180 days instead of having to call each day. We have a timeshare and stay offsite so for the 7 or 8 days I would have to get up at 4 a.m. for each day of the trip. Same with the fp. You can book length of stay reservations at the 6 month mark if you are staying onsite and of course you can book your fp's at 60 days rather than 30 which was what I meant about a preference

Karin is correct Auberge didn't have it but I was specifically looking at Ludwig's castle. We were also interested in Walt's but while you can probably make ressies online it says it is closed (must be under rehab for now)

I think most of the restaurants in Disney Village are not bookable online. Ludwig's Castle is a great choice, and I think the crowds are generally not that bad. Every time we went there, we were seated immediately (this was not in high season). Annette's, Rain Forest Cafe and Vapiano seem to be more popular.

+ on this if you cannot get a reservation, inquire at the restaurant the morning you are there or the day before you would like to dine there, sometimes spaces free up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!